Tuesday 19 June 2012

Red Alexander McQueen scarf, Balenciaga Velo, Tank and Pencil Skirt

Here's what I wore to work today:
JacketBarkins beige trench coat (similar here)
Scarf: Alexander McQueen taupe and red skull-print modal and cashmere-blend scarf (New Purchase)
Top: Jeanswest Audrey tonal print tank (New Purchase, similar here)
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
Belt: Asos skinny boyfriend belt (tied in a double loop knot using this tutorial by Kileen from Cute and Little)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs Logo Plaque flats in Camel
BagBalenciaga Coquelicot 2011 RH Velo from Reebonz


Close up of accessories:
Necklace: gifted frangipani necklace, made by a talented friend
Bracelets: the usual plus Mimco punklove chain wrist bracelet in grey (similar here) and Hermes Kelly Double tour bracelet in rubis (similar here)


I bought this Alexander McQueen scarf in the US Net-a-porter sale last week, although it's now sold out. The international sale just started yesterday on the UK site, so go check it out :) Would love to know if you buy anything!

My top sale pick is this coral floral skull scarf, I narrowed it down to the coral or the red skull scarf in the US sale but the coral one sold out there and made my choice easier!

Not too impressed with how this outfit turned out today. I like the top belted, but maybe needed a wider belt when worn with this pencil skirt. If I wore the pencil skirt and top together again I'd either use a different belt or tuck the top in. What do you think?


The trench coat was last worn here with the shoes, and the skirt was last worn here with the bag. This is the first time I've worn the scarf and top. 



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram : Currently Obsessed

26 comments:

  1. I think it looks fine with the skinnier belt! although both skinny and wide would work, in my opinion. love the trench coat <3

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually like to wear my tops tucked into my skirts :) That's just what looks best on me I think :) you can try out the different styles and see what works for you! ^^ I really love the new scarf you got :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was a big tucked in fan until I tried a top with a belt and loved it, need to remember and mix the two up so I don't do too much of each! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit!! I have the same balenciaga in blue!

    Check Out My Outfit on My Blog--> Style and Trouble

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty scarf and tank!!
    new post up
    www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice color combination!
    Love your bracelets!!!
    xxx
    S

    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the Queen of awesome accessories! I'm loving the pretty pops of red in your outfit sweetie! Looking lovely like you always do!

    xxTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah i love the alexander mcqueen scarf! so amazing the way you styled it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit and awesome accessories! :D

    With love,
    touchofpurple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I continue to admire your excellent choice in accessories... that scarf is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello I'm kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com ^^
    I'm a blogger, in fact I do my blog since already 1 year (I think, I'm not sure ;P HiHi) but I have decided to continue this one again! :)
    I really hope you'll love my blog, I speak about myself, my life, what I love... I write it in French cuz I'm a French girl, so maybe you can't understand! :'(
    But I put a lot of pictures so I really hope you'll love it ;P
    So please, come to see my blog and tell me about it ^^
    Have a nice day and I hope to see you soon ♥

    (I'm so sorry if you don't understand my language! :'( But if you want you can read my blog with your language, you write "kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com" on google and click on "translate this page" (something like that ^^) and you choose your language, after that you'll can to read my blog in your language! ;)
    I hope you can understand :P)

    Kisses ♥ ;P

    (Kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool scarf

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. the scarf was a great choice, glad you managed to snag something awesome from the sale!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the scarf, I usually see people wearing it in black but I think it looks better in the color you have! And you styled the scarf nicely too, great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg i love the red colours in the outfit!

    x

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    P.S check out my giveaway and win some awesome chic 3D Glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comments everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's a cute outfit! you're being too hard on yourself! LOL you styled it well. love the red scarf and bag.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think i have the almost exact same A-McQ scarf...only my skulls were in beige and the red color was more neon. to be honest...i like yours more. it's more classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June! I think all of the skull scarves are classics really! No matter the colour! :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...