Monday 18 March 2013

Travel Outfit: Grey Knit, Jeans | Work: Printed Dress, Alexander Wang Rocco

Here's what I wore for my last day in Melbourne and to fly home on Sunday:
ScarfAlexander McQueen red skull-print modal and cashmere-blend scarf
Top: Topshop knitted scoop neck top (new purchase)
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown from Reebonz


Our last day in Melbourne was extremely cold! I was glad I'd bought this comfy knit in topshop on Saturday, it came in very handy. Just a nice casual outfit to stay comfy and warm and get home to see Cooper :)

DH borrowed my camera for the big F1 race so took this at the airport when we caught up after. Had such a lovely time on our trip, you can see some photos on my facebook page or instagram.


Last worn: Alexander McQueen scarf, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran, Jeanswest jeans, Converse.

Shop similar:


Here's what I wore to go back to work today:
Scarf: Target white scarf, gift from mum
Necklace: gift from DH
Bracelets: the usual
DressFrench Connection 'pendragon panache' cap sleeve dress in 'winters day base'
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs patent mouse flats in black and white
BagAlexander Wang Rocco with gold hardware in dark argon from Reebonz


Picked this simple outfit for my first day back at work, as we flew in late last night. I thought the greens and blues of the dress would go well with my new bag, although I'm not sure about the textured scarf with the print. Probably should have left the scarf behind, I kept changing my mind about it throughout the day. What do you think?


Last worn: white scarf, printed dress, mouse flats, Alexander Wang Rocco.

Shop similar:


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram

38 comments:

  1. Love your travel outfit - you look so cute & cozy!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked stylish Mica. Glad you stayed warm. Love that dress and delicate scarf. It looks very pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your AM scarf in bright red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skull scarf looks nice in the red version.
    Converse are great for traveling. I usually take a pair myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' both of these great looks sweetie! :) Hope you had a nice time!

    xxTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely dress and bag
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is...I LOOOOOOVE that teal bag in the second outfit *_*

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I did think of you for a second when looking at it! :)

      Delete
  8. Great dress! Love the Alexander Wang Rocco bag!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you had a great time in Melbourne. I love your travel outfit and oh wow the Argon colour is amazing! Reebonz is about to open a store next to Town Hall in Sydney. How crazy!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous there will be a Sydney Reebonz store! Will have to visit it on my next trip! :)

      Delete
  10. sounds like a great trip! i love chucks for traveling...they'd comfy for walking, but still look cool!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think scarfs are just the best travel accessory - they are easy to pack, and always offer a great pop of color when you need it.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the dress the most. I think it looks great with the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your travel outfit is pretty much my weekend uniform. i love it! and i love the print on that dress. i think it would be great without the scarf, but the scarf adds a fun element, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a cute travel outfit, and it looks so comfortable too!

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like both outfits! The top one is perfect to travel because it's very comfortable!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mica!!!
    Amazing outfits!))

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!!!

    So many kisses!


    Kateryna

    http://fashionbycatia.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely outfits, especially the travel one. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw your reveal on YouTube! What a great purchase! I reckon the scarf probably should have been a different one? Maybe slightly less "fringy"? You still look cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I think it was too busy with the print. A plainer one would have looked nice :)

      Delete
  19. Perfect outfit for the plane...and I love the cream scarf! Lovely!
    Mica, dear, you have Target where you are? That is wild...their headquarters are right here in town...that place is so addictive!
    I bet you're so excited to see sweet Cooper...
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we have Targets here in Australia :) They make some great workwear!

      Delete
  20. I loveee your Mcqueen scarf - the red is such a great colour. Love everything actually!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw your Instagrams from Melbourne. Such lovely beaches! I wish we had amazing cliffs like those in Australia, but unfortunately our coastline is completely flat AND full of ugly 1970s apartment buildings. It's horrific, you should see it! Anyway, I love these outfits Mica. Those Marc Jacobs flats are so so cute!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely welcome over here any time you want to see a lovely beach, Australia is full of them!

      Delete
  22. Perfect for traveling!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. perfect for fly and perfect and totally beautiful to work!!!!
    love the print of your dress!!!
    missantbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. That scarf in the first image is AMAZING , love the look too.

    xo Meg<3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of your scarves set off the outfits perfectly. I love the first combo especially. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just wasn't sure about the second scarf against the print.

      Delete
  26. I love both outfits! You look great! :)

    Xo,
    Amor GLAMOROZA.NET

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your travel outfit! I always look like a total mess on the plane lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the best things about planes is that no-one cares what you look like, everyone just wants the journey to be over!

      Delete
  28. Thank you all for your lovely comments and thoughts on the scarf and dress combo in my workday outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...