Friday 17 January 2014

Jeanswest Little Black Dress, Chanel Vintage Flap | Casual Friday Jeans, Print Top, Balenciaga Velo Bag

Here's what I wore on Thursday:

Mica Away From Blue vintage Chanel quilted medium flap bag
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklace: gold heart shaped necklace
DressJeanswest tucked ponte black dress
ShoesWittner 'Bolla' black bow detail flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagChanel vintage quilted lambskin flap from Reebonz


I debated posting this outfit, as it wasn't put together in the happiest of circumstances. Still, it was what I wore on Thursday so I'm sharing it. Last week, one of our family friends passed away. She was a wonderful lady and will be dearly missed. She shared God's love with everyone she met and touched so many lives, and the overflowing church was a representation of that.

This simple black dress is what I wore to the memorial service, and to spend the rest of the day with family.


Last worn: Raybanlittle black dress, Wittner flats, vintage Chanel flap bag.



Here's what I wore for casual Friday today:
Casual Friday Printed Top Maternity Jeans Red Accessories

Away From Blue Balenciaga Coquelicot classic Velo Bag
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceHouse of Harlow Dynamic necklace in gold
TopFrench Connection Moon Moire printed top
Jeans: Jeanswest Maternity slim straight jeans (new purchase)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs suede flats in red
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes Kelly double tour bracelet in rubis
BagBalenciaga Coquelicot Velo


The return of denim on the blog - I picked up my first pair of maternity jeans in the Jeanswest sale. They are really comfortable! A nice, simple, hassle free outfit for Friday.
It's been more than 6 months since I last wore this top, but keeping it in my wardrobe as it's nice and billowy and will still fit over the next few months.


Last worn: RayBan (see above), printed top, red suede flats, Balenciaga coquelicot velo. First time I've worn the jeans as they are a recent purchase.

Linking up with Friday's Fab Favourites, What I Wore to Work, Casual Friday Linkup today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

41 comments:

  1. love the bags! :) especially the red one. :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA
    Like me on FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. It is a beautiful dress and fits you so well, bump and all.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the black dress. And the top is really cute too!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww sweet pup! Love this post, you look great. x Jazzy (hivenn.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mica, I'm so sorry to hear about your family friend passing away. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing rocking some beautiful dresses and skirts missy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about the reason for your first outfit. It's always so tough to lose someone. But you looked lovely nonetheless. Also, you have the most amazing bag collection and I'm SO JEALOUS. I seriously love every single one of your bags!

    PS I must have missed your reveal video, but congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mica, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She sounded like a wonderful person. God Bless Her. You looked beautiful. I love that black dress on you. You can hardly tell you're pregnant. I wanted to ask you...do you think Cooper realizes a change? Usually animals pick that up. Love the leopard and your red flats are too cute with your outfit. Have a great weekend.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. She was a wonderful person.

      Cooper definitely notices a change, he's starting to sit near me a lot more often now when we are with people, he used to always sit with hubby. He will make a great big brother :)

      Delete
  9. so sorry to hear about the passing of a friend :(
    But these outfits are gorgeous and i love to see your little bump developing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your dog, such cuties! Adorable dress sweetie.

    xo, Alina
    http://stylebyalina.com/first-date-outfits/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about your loss, it's always hard to lose a friend.
    But, on the other hand, loving both of these looks! That Chanel bag is gorgeous
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about your family friend :( Take care xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry about your friend. I wish you and your family peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the loss.
    Hope all is well. Thanks for the lovely comment, I really love the first dress and the bags in both looks!

    -Alina
    TransparentDimensions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. R.I.P, also that outfit is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry to hear about your friend! I love the pops of red in your second outfit though! Great top!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear of your friend but love how your gorgeous pooch features in all your piccies, I'm sure he cheers you up. Loveee the chanel!
    Krissie x - Pearls of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He does make me smile frequently :)

      Delete
  18. hey, sorry for your loss! you are beautiful in those outfits!
    i love the chanel!such a classic!

    xoxo
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com
    @4THEDAILYLACE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh that red bag! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are one stylish mama! Love that tank in the second outfit <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sad news about your family friend, but a lovely tribute you wrote :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the picture with your and your dog! Super cute. Love your Chanel bag. I have bag envy

    xx Cissy
    idreamofbunnies.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. sorry to hear about your family friend, it's always a hard one! lovely simple outfit though :) and that bal is so eye poppingly red, every time you post it i kick myself a bit for not hunting the coq down ;)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Is it appropriate to carry the chanel flap with an evening/cocktail dress or is a clutch a must with that look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can wear any bag you like to a memorial service to be honest! I don't think there are any set dress code rules for what accessories. Everyone wears what they feel appropriate or special based on their relationship to the deceased, unless they had any specific guidelines that they requested for attendees before they passed away.
      The dress is jersey too, wouldn't really call it an evening dress :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...