Saturday 29 March 2014

Marc By Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo and Purple! Casual Friday Maternity Top and Jeans, MEV Havana Maxi Dress

Here's what I wore to work on Friday:
Third trimester Casual Friday Office Wear Maternity jeans and top Jeanswest pink and purple

marc by marc jacobs hillier hobo bag worn alexander mcqueen skull scarf
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal skull scarf in white/pink
NecklaceDogeared 3 Wishes stardust bead necklace layered with Dogeared silver wishbone necklace
TopJeanswest 'Felicity' maternity shirt in amethyst
JeansJeanswest maternity super skinny jeans in antique blue
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs two tone flats in blush and black
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes pink clic clac
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hobo in blush pink with silver hardware


Lots more rain and cooler weather on Friday, so I got to bring out one of my scarves that has been packed away for a while. I thought the pink skull print looked really nice with the purple top and peachy bag.

Last time I wore this top, I paired it with a pencil skirt and it really didn't look great. Just too shapeless and long. I much prefer it with the skinny jeans, doesn't seem to overwhelm me as much. What do you think?


Last worn: Alexander McQueen skull scarfamethyst maternity shirt, maternity skinny jeanstwo tone flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier hobo bag.



Here's what I wore today:
Zibibo MEV Havana maxi dress purple australian summer pregnant blogger

MbMJ Hillier hobo blush pink with gold bracelet stack
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklace: sterling silver monogram necklace C/O MyNameNecklace.com.au
DressMEV Havana maxi dress C/O Zibibo
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus pink and gold bracelet stack on other arm
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hobo in blush pink with silver hardware


After the cooler weather the past few days, the heat was back in time for the weekend! Still looking longingly at my scarves each day...haha! After moving them out of baby's room they are hanging up in the wardrobe in the bedroom and I see them every day as I wait for autumn weather to kick in. Had been planning to wear another one of my many scarves and even my boots today, but was nicely surprised with some sunshine and warmth.

Went with a simple maxi dress outfit due to the heat, with only a few accessories due to the humidity. Spent the afternoon in the city, did some shopping and watched my friend take part in a Salsa dance flash mob. Something a little different from the usual! Was a fun afternoon.


Last worn: Ray-Ban sunglassesMEV Havana maxi dress, Havaianas, Marc by Marc Jacobs pink Hillier Hobo bag (see above).

Linking up with Sunday Style today.

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

35 comments:

  1. Lovely colors! I prefer the combination of top and skinnies, too! The blush pink hobo bag ... so nice <3 Have a wonderful weekend, Mica!
    Rathana xx FabFashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in both, pink is definitely your colour!
    Have a great one!

    http://le-young.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and purple looks great together!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that maxi dress! Very pretty color and the details at the hem look awesome Mica. The season is definitely changing.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favourite maxi dress at the moment - so perfect with the bump! :)

      Delete
  5. Love that maxi dress. I am pale too that's why I always wear colours (otherwise I probably end up looking kinda ill haha)! The mangenta is a beautiful hue that compliments your skin and hair colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have more prints and neutrals in my wardrobe than colours - I usually just stick to bright accessories 90% of the time! It's nice to wear some colourful clothes now and then too though :)

      Delete
  6. Double pink !
    I think that investing in accessories is the key - now that i see you're pregnant, i see that you can keep on wearing all accessories no matter what size you are - you had it all planned out, didn't you ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, accessories always fit and with care last a lifetime! I'll always invest in those over clothes, hehe! :)

      Delete
  7. Yes, I do think that the top looks much better when paired with some skinny jeans. Very cute!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hobo bag, what a great color ! <3 And I think your pregnant style is fab, something I'd love to copy for myself in case of a pregnancy ;)

    Fashion and Cookies
    Join my black lace blouse Giveaway closing in one day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're absolutely glowing :) I adore your scarf as well as your dress!

    XO Color Me Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. A flash mob? How fun! Love all the pinks and purples...pregnancy suits you.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink bag with both outfits! I agree the pink top looks nice with your jeans and the flats you chose are adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh what a lovely colour!!!! Are you excited for the baby!!? <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you layered your bracelets. And you look lovely in a maxi dress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving all of the pinks and purples! the skull scarf is adorable.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all the pink! That Marc by Marc Jacobs bag is amazing! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beautiful color you chose to wear both days and the MJ Hobo is a classic by now I think and goes perfectly with both outfits. I love scarves too but I am on the opposite end; living in the Pacific NW rain I've worn mine so much that I am ready to put them away for a couple months :) XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes, by the end of winter I'm sure I'll be looking forward to wearing less layers again! :)

      Delete
  17. Flash mob?! How awesome was that! Thanks for sharing the video! I would love to see a live flash mob one day!!
    Isn't the Hillier great?! Love your color. Mine is black - I decided to go for a basic, and it's the perfect amount of roomy, but not overwhelming! Love it!
    And the magenta is just great on you! You're glowing for sure!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black is definitely a classic colour for the hillier! Will go with so much :)

      It was great seeing the flash mob live, I'm pleased my friend invited me and let me in on the secret so I could go! :)

      Delete
  18. You're looking stunning! That orchid purple colour suits you so much :)


    x Stace
    tee&fame blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha I love Flash Mobs. They are cool and unexpected. I have seen a couple of live ones. I love this Maxi Dress - one of your best. It is in that Radiant Orchid Color (color of the year by Pantone) or otherwise known as Fuchsia. I wore a Sweater in this color a couple of posts ago.

    How is your pregnancy going so far? What foods are you and the baby loving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was the first live flash mob I'd seen and it was really fun :)

      My pregnancy is going very well so far, not too many food cravings! :)

      Delete
  20. I love your blush coloured bag! It really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the bright colors and scarves you are wearing! So cute and effortless :)

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the maxi dress!! Such a winning colour combo, bright and fresh and so flattering with the blush pink hillier :)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that maxi! Your little belly button is gorgeous!
    A salsa flash mob!? Coolness!! Where was that?? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup my belly button has truly popped! :P

      The flash mob was in the middle of queen st mall, it was awesome :)

      Delete
  24. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...