Friday 27 June 2014

Stripes and Alexander McQueen Skull Scarves, Marc By Marc Jacobs Bags

Baby T has arrived, and I'm blogging less regularly as life revolves around a newborn and I spend most of my days at home in pyjamas! Every now and then I do venture out of the house, and when I do I try to get a photo so I can share some post-pregnancy outfits.


Here's what I wore to go to an appointment with baby T:
pattern colour mix blue purple stripes and skull print scarf jeans and converse
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
CardiJeanswest long blue drape cardigan
Scarf:  Alexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
JeansJeanswest Maternity slim straight jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


After my scarf survived the last outing with baby T, I felt brave enough to try wearing one again when we popped out for a quick appointment at the clinic. Managed to keep this one stain free too, we are making progress!

Also pleased to fit into my first pair of maternity jeans again! Bought these early on in my pregnancy, and only wore them twice before I outgrew them...despite the elastic waist. Managed to squeeze into them this time, which was nice.
I still have a post-baby belly so while I can't wear my regular jeans, my maternity jeans are still serving me well. Anything with a comfortable, stretchy elastic waist that worked in pregnancy is working now too.


Last wornRay-banblue cardiganAlexander McQueen skull scarfnavy stripe teematernity straight leg jeansConverseMarc by Marc Jacobs baby bag.





Here's what I wore to go out to woolies:
topshop grey knit target stripe maxi skirt acne pistol boots mcqueen skull scarf red bag

marc by marc jacobs ukita bag worn with stripes
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
TopTopshop grey knitted scoop neck top
SkirtTarget black and white striped maxi skirt
ShoesAcne pistol boots in "skin"
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Little Ukita bag in Rock Lobster


This outfit is really similar to the last time I wore this top, only I was 35 weeks pregnant then! 2 and a half weeks after baby's arrival here. I like pairing this maxi skirt with grey tops, nice easy outfit. I liked the top and skirt together last time so made sense to wear it again. Added the boots to help keep me warm as I popped out quickly to get groceries without baby T. Was really chilly though, did wish I had added a jacket with this.


Last worn: taupe skull scarf, grey knit, striped maxi skirt, Acne Pistol boots, Marc by Marc Jacobs Ukita bag.

Linking up with Fashion Item Friday, Passion for Fashion, Friday's Fab Favourites, Casual Friday, Mix it Mondays today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

32 comments:

  1. girl, you are looking amazing! your striped maxi skirt is so cute and it looks fantastic with the red bag.seems like it's starting to get a bit colder over there!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is getting really cold and windy, winter is definitely here!

      Delete
  2. I got used to your round belly in former times and now it's gone ;) Love the colors!
    Rathana xo ✪FabFashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so strange getting dressed without a big belly to consider! Nice being able to cuddle baby T now though :)

      Delete
  3. You look great! I love the red marc jacobs bag with your outfit. Love the striped mini and of course your puppy!! I have 2 shih tzus and they are my buddies
    co host from the link up, jess
    please stop by
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Gabrielle, you look amazing! The fact that you are getting dressed, out of the house, taking photos, and blogging at all with a newborn means you deserve an award! Not to mention your outfits are cute as always. :) I'm enjoying following you on instagram too!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I have a bit of time to myself during baby's naps, sometimes a little break to blog is needed for "me time" :)

      Delete
  5. Well, i think you look mighty good Mica :)
    Hope you are enjoying your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stripy long skirt! I bet it is very comfortable with elastic waistband? hehe. I have seen and heard loads of people shopping at Target for fashion but I have never really tried it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh target has some awesome things! And always something on sale.. ;) The skirt is so comfy with the elastic waist!

      Delete
  7. Hooray the McQueen was stain free that day! Hehehe! But seriously loving the second look for a trip to Woolies. Probably because it involves stripes :op but I can totally see how grey tones work a treat with it.

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scarves with both outfits Mica! Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking super cute as always Mica! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely outfits!:) they both look so comfy and stylish!♥

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful girl! and congratulations again, I'm sure baby T is making your life so happy :) Your outfits are super cute.
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. almost back to your pre-baby size again, wow! love the stripe skirt, it does look really good paired with grey (and red!). target is great for good basics and they actually have pretty decent ones if you poke around. hope you've been spending lots of time with baby t and just enjoying the little break :)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, still have a visible baby belly, just hidden by camera angles ;) Target has some great stuff, especially the maxi skirts!

      Delete
  13. Oooh, love that second outfit a lot!
    You're looking fantastic Mica, you're shrinking back so fast 0_o Haha!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowza!! You look beautiful lady!! Cannot believe you just had a baby...sigh. Gorgeous scarves!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Give it another 7 months and you'll arrive at daily outfit destruction mode. Lol


    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we will have that fun to look forward to! :)

      Delete
  16. I love the pink scarf over your stripes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to drop by and congratulate you on baby T! He is adorable! And you look gorgeous as always!

    xo,
    Sylvia @ WorldTasting

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking great! I swear you are like the queen of making stylish outfits that are still comfortable and practical. I really like the color combo of purple and blue in your first outfit (scarf and cardigan). The pop of red is lovely in the second outfit as well!

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look FABULOUS! What a gorgeous Momma- congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute dog, and awesome scarf!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh love the bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha, Hooray for making progress! Hopefully this is a good sign and you'll be able to wear all your pretty scarves again soon :-) Love the red detail the MJ bag brings into the last outfit, and how the scarves livens up the first. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm enjoying being able to wear my scarves again - and it's good if baby T grabs them he doesn't get hurt like he might if he grabs a necklace! :)

      Delete
  23. Thank you all for your kind comments! :) The baby weight is still there, just easy to downplay it in photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...