Wednesday 23 July 2014

Style It Project: Black Tee | Teal and Olive Green, Jeans and Converse

Here's what I wore to take baby T to the clinic for a check-up:
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in Violet
Top: Glassons plain black long sleeve tee
SkirtTarget grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


There are some weeks I'm really grateful I can pop out to the local clinic for a chat with a nurse and a quick checkup for baby T. It helps to make sure he's on track, gives me a chance to ask silly 'first time mum' questions, and it gets me out of the house.

It's not always easy to find something to wear though, as I've been feeling really uninspired lately. I smiled when I saw Kimbalike's and Redcliffe Style's Style It Project challenge for July - a plain long sleeve black tee. Something I already had in my wardrobe, as the past few challenges I haven't participated as I would have had to buy something. Although I didn't wear my tee in a ground breaking new way, just paired it with my go-to maxi skirt and a nice printed scarf, it was fun to use the challenge as inspiration for picking what to wear :)


Last worn: Ray-Ban, animal print scarf, black tee, maxi skirt, Converse, MbMJ baby bag.



Here's what I wore to have a visitor over and go out with baby and Cooper:
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs scarf in Island pine-print
TopJeanswest 'Aubrey' pintuck yoke henley in deep teal
JeansSass and Bide strayed misfits skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


Just a simple casual denim outfit for going out with baby T and Cooper, and for having a visitor over in the afternoon. I always try to put a bit of effort in when we have visitors, even though all the attention is rightfully on baby T.

Pleased to find another pair of non-maternity jeans that I can squeeze into! Felt like wearing jeans as it was a cold and rainy day. Decided to wear this top and the scarf together as they are both the only green items I own. The scarf is more olive green and the shirt is a teal, but I thought it seemed like a good pairing in the morning. Undecided after seeing the photos though, didn't turn out as well as I thought. What do you think?


Last worn: MbMJ scarf, teal henley, Sass and Bide jeans, Converse (see above), baby bag (see above).


Linking up with Style It Project, What I Wore, WIWW, Style Me Wednesday, Spotlight Weekly, Tres-Chic Fashion Linkup, Friday's Fab Favourites, Casual Friday, Fashion Item Friday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

39 comments:

  1. I think you look lovely. So nice you welcome visitors, and put in an effort....even though you are 'second'. :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visitors give me a chance to have adult conversation...or to be able to eat and drink if baby's been unsettled all day, haha! Visitors always welcome!

      Delete
  2. Love both scarves! I think the first is my fave :) xx

    Thrive on Novelty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when I feel uninspired. You don't like like it though! It's nice to have a challenge to help. You look great!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) Post-pregnancy dressing is tricky as there isn't a lot of time to come up with or try out outfit ideas!

      Delete
  4. you have the best collection of scarves, i seriously love every single one you've worn lately! that styling project seems like fun. i'm going to check out their challenge next week. glad you're getting out a little bit and having visitors. i know it must be hard to be a new mom!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice to get out and about! And I do have a little bit of a scarf addiction ;)

      Delete
  5. Amazing outfits again! :)

    x Angela / www.bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely styled that long-sleeve black tee perfectly and I am glad that Baby T's visit went well. I too had and still have many first-time mom questions. But in some ways in 18 months that I have been a mom so far, I feel like an expert in some ways lol.

    Love both scarves. You have a great collection of printed scarves. Love that they are wide too so you can style them in more ways.

    Welcome by sometime. I miss hearing from you Sweet Mica.

    Wishing you a Lovely Week! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada! I do like accessories - and scarves, so I have a lot!

      Delete
  7. Nice look, casual and perfect :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I havent been here for a while... You already gave birth! Congrats :) Your marc jacobs baby bag is beautiful :)

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that skirt, top and scarf Mica! It looks so good together. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that grey skirt and hopefully we'll be seeing you participating in that style challenge. A black top is something we all carry in our closets. Though mine is usually just paired with sweats for taking my dog out for walkies!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    GIVEAWAY NEWNESS, CHECK IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll need to participate more often!

      Delete
  11. I wouldn't have known you were feeling uninspired - both outfits are so chic! I think you're are an expert at accessorizing - really elevates all of the basics. Love it!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah :) I've always been a fan of accessories!

      Delete
  12. You certainly rock the scarves, don't you? I really love that second one!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the interest and detail your scarves bring your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know Kimba's blog yet, so thank you for introducing me to her! I know what my evening read will be ;-) Lovely outfits as always! I'm hapy to read that you and baby T are doing well. Don't you worry about those "first time mom" questions. My sister is a nurse and she always says how much she likes helping moms out that way ^_^ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a great blog, and I like her wardrobe Wednesday linkup! :)

      It's funny how silly the first time mum questions seem - but the nurses are always happy to help and answer them for me!

      Delete
  15. Rocking the new mum style! Comfy without compromising on looking good.
    I love a good maxi skirt, so easy and always looks good!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the scarf and the teal top work :)
    Its kind of funny how outfits "work" in our heads and then when we see the pictures its like NOOOOOO, what was i thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it happens a bit to me. Helps me fine-tune my style though I think, it's good unbiased feedback!

      Delete
  17. Love scarves! So pretty! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun are your scarfs! I just adore a great scarf... I also adore the maxi outfit!

    On another note, you should take a look at the Style Confession Link-up, over on my blog. It's a great way to meet and build relationships with other bloggers, as well discovering new blogs. :)

    -xoxo
    Lindsay
    www.SequinsandStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's great finding those jeans or other clothes you fit into after the pregnancy! I loved that too-really love your first look with the maxi skirt & sneakers-looks casual & chic at the same time! Have a great weekend:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh you look dang cute in both of these ensembles. I am better now that I got the chemo 7 days ago. The first week is always difficult. I have been so incredibly week. My legs turn to rubber, nearly literally. But the hospital thing at the first of the week was scary and educational. Now that I nap or sleep with oxygen flowing on a consistent manner, I feel so much better when I'm awake. Thanks for your sweet concern. And great to see you at {*FiF*}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're over that first week hump!

      Delete
  21. You make for such a pretty and out and about mom. No one can say you just had the most adorable lil baby..you are looking fab in these outfits...Like I have said before..have not seen a women spring back on her feet like you did..kudos!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I've had a lot of help, and I can write blog posts in nap times so it's not too taxing :)

      Delete
  22. You are looking fabulous, lady! I think your scarves in both looks make the outfits special! Casual but still special! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you look chic and nicely put together. And it's almost impossible to to wrong with Converse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. strayed misfits is one of my fave cuts! they are so flattering on. the first look is so cute too, hope the visit to the clinic went well :) and how fast did you get rid of your post-baby weight?!


    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I just hide the leftover baby weight well in photos I think - easy to do!

      Delete
  25. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the grey maxi skirt. Really cute style!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...