Friday 15 August 2014

Winter Outfits: Dresses and Leggings

Here's what I wore to go to a doctor's appointment and visit friends:
zara printed tunic dress leggings owl print scarf converse baby bag outfit
SunglassesBali sunglasses C/O Kameleonz (20% discount with code 'MICA')
ScarfLiquorish owl print scarf in grey (on sale!)
Dress: Zara printed bib front tunic dress
Leggings: Cotton On
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


Wore this to take baby T to the paediatrician for his regular check-up and to visit some friends to hand out baby's birth announcement cards.

Last time I wore this tunic it was belted over my large third trimester baby bump, with leggings to keep things modest as the bump was pulling the dress up quite a bit! Decided to try a more winter version of that look, minus the baby belly and the belt. The previous time I wore this tunic dress unbelted I was hiding my little second trimester baby bump, and sweltering in the heat. Wearing Converse, rolling the sleeves down and adding a big cosy scarf made the dress more suitable for winter weather, but I did wish I'd added a jacket too when it got chilly near the end of the day.


Last worn: Kameleonz sunniesprinted tunic dress, owl print scarf, grey leggings, Converse, Marc by Marc Jacobs baby bag.



Here's what I wore stop by the clinic:
cobalt blue leather jacket striped tee dress leggings
Jacket: Wittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
DressAtmos&Here navy stripe tee dress
Leggings: Cotton On
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black


Another dress and leggings combo! A daytime outfit with this dress as I headed to our local clinic. I wore it for an evening out previously. I don't like this outfit as much as the one I wore above despite it following the same formula. I think with the three quarter length leggings and the jacket and the stripes the proportions are a bit off. Maybe if I'd belted the dress? As I'm getting better at falling into a routine with baby and taking daily photos, I have more photos stacking up than I have time to write blog posts for, so I was considering just not posting this photo at first. I learn from all the photos I take though and sharing what I wore here on the blog means I can get other points of view or suggestions for improvements, so I kept it. How would you change this outfit to make it less of a fail?

As it's the second wear of the dress during my "wear my latest purchases" challenge, the final verdict:
Although I don't like this outfit, I love this dress. Really happy I bought it and I can think of lots of ways to wear it more in winter and when the weather starts to warm up. I'm actively trying not to wear it so I can wear some of my other July purchases!


Last worn: cobalt leather jacket, stripe tee dress, black leggings, Converse (see above).

Linking up with Fashion Item Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites, Passion for FashionCasual Friday, Sunday Funday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

35 comments:

  1. I love that scarf, and the blue jacket is a great piece, I'm sure you can pair it with a great dress or denim for other proportion styles. Seems that you are getting maxiumum versatile wear out of your clothing, that's what I love to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket does look great with denim! :)

      Delete
  2. You are rocking both of these outfits. These outfits are 100% me since I love wearing dresses with tights or leggings and add a scarf, when the weather is cold. That blue jacket is gorgeous!!

    May you have a lovely weekend Mummy Mica!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dresses and leggings/tights is my favorite outfit for the cooler months. Such a great way to stretch your wardrobe with dress you might wear alone during the warmer months.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scarf! Chucks and leggings always make a comfortable combo - a staple for me!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. dresses & leggings are one of my favorite outfit combos in fall/winter! i always have a lot of trouble styling outfits with 3/4 length leggings. i usually opt for full length. anyway, you still look cute in both outfits (i would not consider either one a fail!)

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby! I think I need to invest in some full length leggings :)

      Delete
  6. Legging is probably one of the most comfortable piece of clothing one can ever own. I don't own too many but I do have two that I love. There isn't anything wrong with the second outfit. To me that is who you are and what makes us like reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have serious love for dresses, and dresses and leggings are the best kind of outfits for early spring/fall days. This is really my go to as well..Love the second outfit.. :)Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're prepping us for winter! Great grey tones in the first outfit are my fav!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue leather jacket is so gorgeous!! And I would really like to see you pair it with the printed zara dress, actually...
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be an awesome combo thank you! :)

      Delete
  10. I remember that blue leather jacket! Love it still <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you've added Converse to both of these looks and I adore that blue jacket! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layers in the first outfit, fab scarf
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dresses are so easy to chuck on and go out the door. I love the blue leather jacket on you!

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dress and legging combos are so perfect for you right now and may be soon for us too as we trip into Autumn. Thanks for all your encouraging words. If you missed it, I have chemo 6 on Monday morning. My blood was up and impressive so the first chance was on Monday. Friday was booked. The Huntsman got a ton of new patients lately cuz a hospital chain went under so it was great and crazy that I didn't have to have it yesterday. Yay! 3 more days of feeling great before monster chemo gets me again. lol

    Great ensembles and that scarf is marvelous! Thanks for always linking. We can count on you my sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good that you can get a break from chemo! :)

      Delete
  15. Oh man, that blue jacket is lovely!! It looks great paired over your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one stylish Mom. I'm loving both outfits; very comfy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE that blue leather jacket!!!
    Yea, I bought my Chanel second hand, but it was still super expensive, haha. So even though I didn't pay full price it was still lots :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Chanel is always expensive! Worth it though :)

      Delete
  18. Great outfits. I especially love the scarf. Dresses and leggings is the perfect combo for when the weather starts to cool down

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you look great in both Mica! I love the pairing of leggings with both dresses and skirts. Love your leather jacket! Looks so good. You can never fail!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh wow.. it's time to layer up once again? :) looking great, dear!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the cold winter weather has returned!

      Delete
  21. I love your scarf and the casual vibe of the look.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. The second is my favourite :)

    http://www.stadinstyle.helsinkids.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both dresses are so nice! You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the dress and leggings combo...the first is my favorite! Thanks a bunch for linking up with Renae and I!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all for your kind comments and thoughtful words and ideas for the second outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...