Friday 26 September 2014

Good and Bad: Wine Tee, Printed Skinny Jeans | Stripes, Owl Print and Maxi Skirt

Two very different outfits to share today! One that I loved, and one that was more comfortable than photogenic.


Here's what I wore to have a visitor over:
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
JeansSass and Bide 'The Archetype' feather print zippora skinnies
Shoes: Wittner 'Bolla' black bow detail flats


Nice casual jeans and tee outfit! I knew I wanted to wear these fun printed jeans, but I couldn't decide on a top. I've worn them with black and grey before, but wanted to try something a little different. Ended up picking this lovely burgundy tee, a different colour combination to what I'd normally go for. I think it worked quite well colour wise, and I love the slouchy tee with the fitted jeans. Would be so happy to wear something like this every day, one of my favourite outfits!

I was at home most of the day as I had someone over, and I only really went out to walk Cooper so I didn't need any extra layers to keep warm. Which was a good thing, as I'm really not sure what scarf or jacket would have looked nice with this! Used up all my thinking power wondering if burgundy and yellow would go nicely together ;)


Last worn: burgundy oversize tee, Sass and Bide zippora, black ballet flats.



Here's what I wore to go to the doctors:
ScarfLiquorish owl print scarf in grey (on sale!)
TopAtmos&Here 3/4 sleeve stripe tee in berry white (on sale!)
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt (on sale with extra 40% off!)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black


Bit of a cooler day with some rain, so I layered up for a short trip out to the doctors with baby T. I've paired this scarf and skirt together before, on an outfit I wasn't completely happy with after looking at the photos. Wanted to try the combination again though, as it is incredibly comfortable!

Thought that it may look better with a slightly more fitted tee underneath, but after reviewing the photo, I'm thinking again that it's not the best combination. I do prefer this outfit over the previous time, but I think the scarf and the skirt together just have too much volume, what do you think? Maybe best to keep the big blanket scarves to outfits involving jeans.


Last worn: owl print scarf, striped tee, jersey maxi skirt, Converse.


Shop similar:



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

29 comments:

  1. You always have such great everyday looks! Love that wine tee-it's such a great colour one of my faves & looks chic with your patterned pants. Enjoy your weekend.
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These outfits both look cute, polished, and comfortable! I'm especially loving the burgundy tee and printed pants!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color and shape of the tee in that first outfit!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that wine colored tee! It was the perfect pairing for your jeans.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not something I'd normally go for, but I really liked it! :)

      Delete
  5. the color of your burgundy top is gorgeous! love the color combo in that outfit. your owl scarf is absolutely adorable. i see what you're saying about having volume on the top and bottom, but since your maxi isn't too (voluminous?) i think this outfit looks fine! just a different take on wearing it.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby! I really appreciate your feedback :)

      Delete
  6. I like your first look.
    I am not too keen on the second one either, I do think that a fitted top would work better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have to try it a different way next time! :)

      Delete
  7. Oooh, love the wine colored tee! Perfect for fall <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you look adorable in those printed jeans! I am NOT ready for skinny pants yet but the weather is getting cooler and I only have a few long skirts I can wear (mainly because of my muscular legs!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your legs are stunning! :D I'm lucky I've found the perfect brands of jeans for me, maybe you just haven't found yours yet? :)

      Delete
  9. I love those printed jeans! They are so perfect with burgundy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are ready for fall with your cozy scarf! Love those pants, the print is fabulous.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look really lovely in this wine colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your outfits! those printed jeans are just amazeballs!

    xx Janelle
    Styles & Prints

    ReplyDelete
  13. The top of the first outfit is great! :) And it goes great with the jeans!

    x Angela // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great tee! I had to buy it in so many different colours....haha!

      Delete
  14. You always look so lovely Mica, love the first look <3

    Anyway, i am inviting you to join my giveaway. Join it here!

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both looks are wonderful! Flower printed pants are always great!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the wine colour of the tee and your printed trousers are so cute. I love the first outfit. Have a lovely weekend dear. xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm liking BOTH! Those printed pants and tee are cool Mica. Great skirt and striped top! The scarf looks great with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving both these looks! The second is my fave, tho--I adore both stripes and owls (fab scarf!!!). :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the outfits!!! the printed pants are my fave! :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look great dear!! Love the looks and I'm obsessed with that wine color right now - have been searching for a purse in that color forever! LOL

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be a lovely colour for a bag! I used to have one in that colour, but gave it to my bestie instead! :)

      Delete
  21. Thanks! I'm pleased you liked it! While comfortable, I wasn't too sure looking at the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you all for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...