Friday 19 September 2014

Grey Tee, Pink Leopard Print Jeans | Tie Dye Maxi Dress, Blue Cardi

Here's what I wore to spend the day with my mum and sister:
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal skull scarf in white/pink
TeeGrey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves (new purchase)
Jeans: Portmans pink leopard print skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


I like pairing pink and grey together as much as I do pink and blue! Very happy to be able to squeeze back into these jeans post-baby, they are such a fun statement pair. I used to have a grey leopard print jean as well, but I donated those and held onto these.

I wasn't too sure about the print on the scarf worn with the jeans, but my sister told me it looked okay. Glad I listened to her, I really liked this outfit. We went out to have lunch at the bayside, so the scarf was a good extra little something to kept the chill off. It was baby T's first time by the sea, but he was asleep for most of it, cuddled up with his auntie in the baby carrier. Such a lovely day, and a great lunch.


Last worn: Wayfarersskull scarf, leopard print skinnies, mouse flats, Marc Jacobs baby bag. First time I've worn the tee as it's a new purchase.



Here's what I wore to have a friend over:
Sunglasses: Cotton On 'Risky Business' sunglasses in sky blue
CardiJeanswest long blue drape cardigan
DressJeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress
ShoesNine West fascinate ballet flats in silver glitter


I love looking back and seeing the baby bump when I look up the last time I wore things. When I last wore this dress I was 39 weeks pregnant!

One of the ladies in my mother's group is starting up her own skincare business, and was looking for guinea pigs to practice on. I jumped at the chance for a pamper session! My mother in law and I had a really nice morning at home getting a free facial.

Ended up with a very blue outfit! Just wanted something easy to wear as I was really tired as baby T had been a little grouchy overnight, so wore a maxi dress with a cardi for warmth. Last time I wore a similar longline cardi with a maxi skirt I didn't like the way it looked, but I thought it looked nice left untied with the maxi dress this time. Maybe as the maxi dress has that elasticated section? Comfortable and practical outfit for a pamper session anyway :)


Last worn: blue sunglasses, blue cardigan, grey tie dye maxi dress, glitter flats.



Linking up with Style Confessions, Fab Favourites, Passion for Fashion, Casual Friday, Throwback Thursday, Sunday Funday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

44 comments:

  1. those pink leopard print pants are so much fun! i like the combo of pink and gray too. glad you had a fun day by the sea! getting a facial sounds amazing, especially at home!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! nice for a little indulgence post-baby! :)

      Delete
  2. You have the best jean collection! It really is amazing to see you looking great in things post-pregnancy that you wore during. You did the maternity wardrobe so well.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's fun seeing the difference from wearing something in pregnancy and now! :)

      Delete
  3. I love love the combination of grey and pink! The first outfit is something I would wear too on any casual day! Glad and mum in law had a pampered facial morning! Hope the skincare works well for your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey and pink is such a lovely colour combination! :) And the facial was so nice, great products! :)

      Delete
  4. This printed jeans are so fun in the soft pink. I do like pinks & grays together too and I agree with your sister that the scarf works very well with the first outfit.

    Hope you will join me in my link up today.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! My sister is very stylish so I trust her advice :)

      Delete
  5. Oooooh, these two outfits are spot on!
    Your sister was right, the skull print is a different size, so it still works with the leopard print. Great colors!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda! My sister is a great style consultant, haha! :)

      Delete
  6. Cute outfits! I'm shy when it comes to mixing prints too but I think this combo looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good to try something different now and then :)

      Delete
  7. Love that first outfit. The pants are so cool and I like the pretty print-mixing of both the pink pieces. And look at that beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both really cute outfits on you. Love the pink leopard jeans so fun & unique too! Enjoy your weekend:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those pink leopard pants! They look great with the simple gray tee and fun scarf. Cute dress too, looks so comfy!
    Tiffany
    www.stylestealsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pink jeans are so cute on you! :)

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like both of these outfits. The first outfit is my favourite outfit I've seen on you so far. the combination of pink and grey is such a stunning look. The scarf is beautiful and the trousers are such fun. I love your 2nd outfit too, it's mad to think you were so pregnant when you last wore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun looking back and seeing the giant baby bump too! So lucky to have my little boy :)

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love the long maxi dress you wore. So pretty! Can't believe you wore it last when you were pregnant. x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey mica! i love pink & gray together. your pants are so cool. hahaha about the pampering session. i don't blame you. i bet it was relaxing. have an amazing weekend doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pink and grey is such a pretty and fun look! Loving those leopard pants.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh. This is the first time I'm seeing you in pink. One can't but think that it's starting to get spring over there ;-) Those pants are great and I think they go very well with the scarf. Mix those prints!

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thanks Alex! It's definitely heading into spring and pink weather! I don't have a lot of pink in my wardrobe, but I wear what I have a lot in warmer weather :)

      Delete
  16. Love your two outfits. Im just not sure about jeans, they look too much. just saying.
    I adore your dress in the second look

    ☀︎ ☀︎ ☀︎

    We’re searching for EDITORS. For more follow the link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink leopard print jeans aren't for everyone! :) I do like having a fun pair of statement jeans to wear now and then though. Thanks for your feedback! :)

      Delete
  17. I like the pink and grey combo! :-)
    xx

    -Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look AMAZING!!! Love both of these looks so much :)

    I love dresses that work for maternity and beyond!

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so lucky to have had so many regular pieces that worked in pregnancy too! :) Stretchy dresses are the best! :)

      Delete
  19. These are some lovely outfits Mica! I especially love the maxi dress on you. Your sister was totally right about the scarf. It matches your jeans perfectly since the colors match. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bayside looks so nice and relaxing! I'd love a free facial, i hope it was good :) loving that second outfit, that cardi goes perfectly with that dress. hope you and your little one are doing well xx

    Thrive on Novelty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome little treat! :) And she completely understood when I had to go check up on baby, as she was a new mum too! :)

      Delete
  21. Pink and grey has always been one of my favourite combinations, I should wear it more often, always love those shoes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both looks!! And that cute lil dog
    Martina x

    Www.martinasmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there! I love both of your outfits! I remember that dress when you were pregnant and you look as beautiful as you did with the big baby T belly :) both outfits are super cute, I specially like the leopard print pink pants and how you paired up with that scarf (your sister was very helpful). I hope baby T starts having more peaceful nights!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com
    KAWAII BOX INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Milu! :) My sister is very helpful indeed! :) And we are still working on peaceful nights, haha!

      Delete
  24. Two awesome looks! Of course I adore the pink leopard print paired with the fab pink Alexander McQueen skulls scarf. But, that blue maxi ensemble is stunning, too. Well done! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. yay I need a free pamper session too! haha loving both outfits...and yes pink and grey is a great combo. those jeans sounded pretty crazy to me at first (pink animal print?) but you make them look so classy and cute :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty crazy jeans! I love them! :)

      Delete
  26. I love the scarf with your pants as well! It's a fun extra bit of pattern and pink! Cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fresh and breezy, nice to see your face on the blog too Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pink is suuuuuch a great color combo! I am loving your pink bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I agree with your sister ! i also like these soft colours on you - the pastels work beautifully.
    I also think that the dress is just perfect for having guests over.. or even a night out. That dress has a lot of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great dress! One of my favourites :)

      Delete
  30. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...