Monday 22 September 2014

Maxi Skirts in Spring - Florals, Stripes, Denim and Hearts

At last, I'm caught up with the current season and sharing some Spring outfits! Have been a bit behind with blogging lately, having too much fun with baby T :)


Here's what I wore to head to the shops with baby T:
first day of spring outfit Floral tank colour block maxi skirt denim jacket
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Tank: no label floral and lace top
SkirtAsos colour block maxi skirt in red (on sale!)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats


Baby T had a lovely long nap in the morning, which was helpful as I was fussing around my wardrobe wondering what to wear and taking longer than usual to decide. I knew I wanted to wear this pretty maxi skirt, but couldn't settle on a nice top. When I saw this floral one I thought it was too perfect - florals for the first day of spring! It was still a little chilly though, so the denim jacket was needed.

DH complimented my outfit when he got home that afternoon, so it was a winner in my book.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, denim jacket, floral tank, colour block maxi skirt, metallic mouse flats.



Here's what I wore to spend the day with my mum:
stella mccartney heart print scarf striped maxi skirt grey tee
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfStella McCartney heart print scarf
TeeSpectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
SkirtTarget black and white striped maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black


This was another "I don't know what to wear" day, this time because I had to dress for two very different events! My sister and I had been nominated for the ALS ice bucket challenge, so while I wanted to be comfortable for a day out with my mum, I also needed to be wearing something that would stand up to having a bucket of water thrown over me. "What to wear for an ice bucket challenge?" is not something I'd normally ask of my wardrobe, so it took me a while to come up with an outfit!

Ended up with a grey tee and maxi skirt, with a nice scarf to add a bit of colour and some print mixing during the cooler morning. Was really comfortable all day for being out with baby, and minus the scarf it worked well when I got a bucket of ice water poured over me in the evening!


Last worn: Wayfarers (see above), heart print scarf, grey tee, striped maxi skirt, Converse.

Linking up with Let It Shine, Modest Monday, Mix It Mondays, The Style Record, Style to InspireReal Mom Style, Manic Monday, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, WIWW today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

29 comments:

  1. How nice you were able to spend the day with your mum, I love that outfit, and the first look with the colour blocked maxi is my favourite! :) Good for you for doing the ALS ice bucket challenge!
    /Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun challenge - especially as I got to pour the bucket over my sister, haha!

      Delete
  2. This is always the time of year I'm most envious of you - knowing you are just starting out into spring with the winter behind you, while winter is looming ominously in my future.

    Love the new maxi skirt, the colors are going to make it so easy to style through the spring and summer, and even into the fall.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top maxi skirt is one of my favorites of yours. I love the lines and colors.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favourites too - I like how colourful it is! :)

      Delete
  4. You look so pretty in maxi skirts, dear! I love this first one and color of this item <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both outfits. Fabulous maxi skirt and jean jacket. Gorgeous striped and Heather grey tee! I saw your challenge! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! It was a cold challenge, haha! but for a good cause! :)

      Delete
  6. Hope you didn't freeze too much with the ice bucket challenge! but good on you participating! Love a good maxi!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am loving the floral top with that skirt! such a cute combo. so nice of you & your sis to accept the ice bucket challenge!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always throws me off that your seasons are opposite of ours up here in the Northern Hemisphere. However, just gives me inspiration to wear some of my last, light summery/spring items before fall hits for us!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, get the most wear out of those pretty summery items that you can! :)

      Delete
  9. Mica, like I have mentioned before, those are both 2 great maxi skirts and the styling is perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear! You look fabulous. Love the first maxi skirt! :)
    Come and visit my blog if you want!

    Big kiss
    xx
    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of these! The floral top is a perfect match for the skirt! And I love the scarf in your second outfit! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful looks! Love that beautiful scarf paired with the gray top and striped skirt -my favorite!
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors! Aren't maxis the BEST?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your Stella McCartney scarf, it brightens up your look. I love both maxi skirts, the colour blocking one looks fab with the pretty top and denim jacket. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought I'd love a skirt more than that stripy number but that ASOS is very lovely. Like, very lovely.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely indeed! such a great sale buy! :)

      Delete
  16. I hate "don't know what to wear" days. Love the first look so much! And wow! That's one of the chicest ALS bucket challenge outfits I've seen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's so tricky to dress for - what do you wear to get wet? haha!

      Delete
  17. Mica! You are so cute! I love the floral top + colorblock skirt. And it's always so helpful when the little one naps just a tad bit longer so you have more time (for anything)! :)

    Hope you changed out of your clothes quickly after the ice bucket!!! Sounds chilly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a towel and fresh clothes on standby, it was so cold!!! :)

      Delete
  18. Love the sequin top you wore with your colour block maxi and love the converse with the stripe maxi. Both looks are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can rock a maxi skirt like nobody's business!! Love both of these looks so much and also you in that jean jacket - so practical and cute!

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...