Wednesday 24 September 2014

Printed Scarves: Grey Tee, Purple Skinny Jeans, Black Maxi Dress

Sharing what I wore to go to some mums and bubs meet ups with other local mums :)


Here's what I wore to go to a mummy meet up in the park:
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfAsos pastel Aztec print scarf (on sale!)
TeeAtmos&Here grey Arizona zip tee (on sale!)
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


I wore this pretty pastel print scarf with purple last time too! I think the pastel colours pair nicely with purple. The previous few times I've worn this scarf I wondered if its big blanket size was too overwhelming on me, but it came in handy for a rather chilly trip to the local park with baby. The slightly windy morning got progressively colder and windier as the day went on, leading to the mummy meet up in the park being postponed and a cold baby T and I stopping for a nice hot chocolate on the way home to warm up again. I really should have worn a jacket, but it didn't seem too cold when I got ready so I thought the scarf would be enough.

Although I still think the scarf is rather large on my petite frame, it does look nice with the skinny jeans and does keep me warm :) At $7.60, it's not a bad cost-per wear even if I don't wear it a forth time this year.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarersAsos pastel scarf, grey tee, purple skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs baby bag.



Here's what I wore to go to my mother's group today:
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfSeed Heritage Paisley print snood
DressFrench Connection Meadow jersey maxi dress in black
Shoes: Wittner 'Bolla' black bow detail flats
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


This was taken a few days after the outfit photo above, and the cold and wind had made way for a really nice sunny day. I even ended up taking the scarf off on the way home in the hot afternoon.

This scarf seems to have come to a lot of my mother's group meet ups! I wore it to go to the previous mothers's group meeting also. I thought about that as I put the outfit together, but decided to wear the scarf anyway. I really liked this scarf worn with my purple maxi dress, so although it's not very original, I had been looking forward to repeating the combination again with this black maxi dress.

It's inevitable with a finite budget and wardrobe space that I'll repeat certain combinations and items of clothing. It's a fact of life for most people :) I am pleased to see that I'm coming up with other outfit combinations that aren't jeans and a tee though. For a long time that combination made up the majority of my outfits, and I was a little worried I might end up choosing nothing but denim during my maternity leave. While I do slip back into the old jeans and a tee habit now and then, I'm trying to make the most of my wardrobe and wear more of what I own.


Last worn: wayfarers (see above), paisley print snood, jersey maxi dress, black flats, MbMJ baby bag (see above).


Shop similar items:





Linking up with What I Wore, Wardrobe WednesdayStyle Me Wednesday, Fashion Informant, Throwback Thursday, Tres Chic, Spotlight Weekly, Three-Fer ThursdayThursday Favourites, Friday's Fab Favourites today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

44 comments:

  1. I'm such a scarf girl-can't get enough of them!! These are both so pretty & that's one of the nice things about blogging you re-mix and try more with your clothes.
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love being able to see the last time I wore things and try to wear them differently the next time! (Or in this case, like it so much I wear it similarly again haha!)

      Delete
  2. You are the queen of maxi length skirts/dresses and cute scarves! Seriously, haha, I love that tribal print pastel scarf <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be so sad when scarf weather goes away!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty outfit! I love the scarf!

    The Jeans Blog | Dedicated to everything denim - Join my Hudson Designer Jeans Giveaway

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous girl! Love those scarfs and that maxi is so pretty!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first scarf! I wouldn't have thought to pair it with purple, but it's such a great combo.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color mixing - love the scarf.

    Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to get scarves! Ha ha. But I'm always too lazy to wear them! LOVE those purple jeans. And that first outfit reminds me, I have to break out my mouse flats! Haven't worn them in a while, haha.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mouse flats are so comfortable! definitely get yours out for a wear again! :)

      Delete
  8. You are rocking those purple skinny jeans! Love the color combo with the scarf.

    xoxo jenna @ sincerely jenna marie
    PS- I'd love for you to stop by Thursday to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you shouldn't feel bad about repeating the same pieces! i think you mix up your wardrobe really nicely. i often find myself wearing my favorite pieces over and over again. i still love that oversized aztec scarf -- it looks so warm!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to mix it up a little more - but sometimes I do just like combinations so much I keep repeating them, hehe! :)

      Delete
  10. Both looks are gorgeous but I am in LOVE with the scarf in the top picture…the colours and design of it is just gorgeous and perfect to team with a simple white t-shirt and denim jeans :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look great worn that way! If only I was less clumsy and had a stain free white tee....haha! :)

      Delete
  11. Yes the scarf is bit big but it looks so lavish! And love the purple skinnies, what a great shade.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how scarves can change an outfit and both add lots to these and easy to take off when it warms up! Love the black maxi!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourite layering piece! :)

      Delete
  13. It’s nice to hear you are meeting up with other mums :). I love your printed scarf. Those Marc Jacobs metallic flats are perfect. Wow. I have some gold Marc Jacobs flats and they are truly the best ever/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always been fond of my 'blanket' scarves - so good to have in a pinch! Love your mouse flats so much!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice outfits, you look amazing
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that huge scarf has won my heart all over again !
    They are so versatile and I just think they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You seriously rock a maxi like no one else! love that outfit..also the purple jeans? love them, and both the scarves as well..repeat outfits are normal Mica..I repeat all the times, with subtle changes here and there and that is what keeps me sane and getting dressed fun..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, everyone repeats outfits! Execpt maybe millionaires and celebrities, haha! I sadly, am neither.

      Delete
  18. you wear scarves beautifully Mica! i love it with those purple jeans and that french connection maxi dress is lovely. always fab!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely scarf and oh, I love those purple jeans! :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so great!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your looking too pretty and i love the way you have styled the look overall.

    www.curiouscomponents.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my goodness, that first scarf is a show stopper. Obsessed! Another great post, love. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my Vanity Fair feature on the blog today. :) xx

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great scarf! And so cheap too! :)

      Delete
  23. Love the scarf in the first look! The print is so beautiful :)

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love scarves, they can really change the whole look! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday Link Up!

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I live & die by scarves in the fall and winter! Super cute looks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That scarf is epic! I can't believe it was only $7.60, it looks like there would be more material than that much! I love the print. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. love your scarves! outfit #2 looks so comfy, I absolutely love maxi dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love both looks! I'm a huge sucker for scarfs! xo Andrea

    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always love your great scarf collection! I bought a giant blanket scarf last year and ended up returning it because it was just too hot around my neck. It does not get cold enough for a blanket scarf in Southern CA.

    Thank you so much for linking up to TBT Fashion and I hope to see you this Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rarely cold enough in Queensland for them here either, but we do get one or two really cold days where they come in handy!

      Delete
  30. Love the classic Maxi dress with the fab scarf!! Great looks:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you all for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...