Wednesday 1 October 2014

Dresses, Converse and Alexander McQueen Skull Scarves. September Purchases

Dresses and Converse twice in a row! Such an easy option for a stay at home mum. I've worn these two dresses one after the other before as well, just back in the cooler winter weather. Now the spring weather is here to stay, the tights are firmly packed away and it's back to bare legs!


Here's what I wore to go out for lunch with baby and Cooper:
away from blue asos grey colour block skater dress converse skull scarf
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfAlexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
DressAsos grey skater dress (on sale!)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black


Thought I'd give this dress another go, after realising after I bought it that I don't really wear neutral dresses. Hopefully I can make this one a wardrobe keeper and actually wear it.

My only problem with this outfit was that when I went out with baby T in his carrier, I kept tugging at the skater hem of the skirt as it caught in the breeze. I'm glad spring allows me to wear pretty dresses without needing tights, but it does make me more conscious of flyaway hems!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Alexander McQueen skull scarf, Asos skater dress, Converse.



Here's what I wore to go to my mother's group meeting today:
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfAlexander McQueen pink pashmina in skull and floral print
DressAtmos&Here navy stripe tee dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


I really liked the outfit combination from the previous day, despite the flying skirt issue, so repeated it again. Skull scarf, dress and Converse is such a nice, easy outfit. I do prefer this outfit over the previous one though, only because I adore this dress! It's quite a thick material so I want to get the most wear out of it I can before the days get too warm for it.

Wore this out to my mothers group meet up with baby T. Although I did have to be careful about how I sat down sometimes, as baby T isn't mobile I'm wearing dresses while I can. I know it's only a matter of time before I'll be running around after an adventurous crawling little baby, and no doubt my go-to outfits will change again!


Last worn: Wayfarers (above), Alexander McQueen skull scarf, striped tee dress, Converse (see above), Marc by Marc Jacobs baby bag.


Shop similar:



My September Purchases:


Another month already! While I haven't yet worn all of my August purchases (will post about that later!) I do want to share my September purchases. Just like the previous months, I'll be trying to wear each item twice over the next few weeks and reflecting on each new wardrobe addition after I've done so. You can see my goals and why I'm doing this here. Just like last month, I've already returned something, and I'm hoping to get a lot of wear out of the remaining items.

What I bought:
Zalora maxi skirt (returned)
Ruffle hem tank
Willow printed tee dress
California drop waist tee dress





Linking up with Budgeting Bloggers, What I Wore, Wardrobe Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, Thursday Favourites, Throwback Thursday, Spotlight Weekly, Three-fer Thursday, Fashion Informant, Fab Favourites, Fashion Item Friday today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

44 comments:

  1. I love the dress, scarf, and converse combo. Both dresses are great. I'm glad you're getting to enjoy your warmer weather!

    Xo, Amy Ann
    Therealarnolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice having the warmer weather! means I wear less clothing, less chances for baby to make a mess on what I'm wearing, haha! :)

      Delete
  2. I'd totally wear both outfits. So sporty-chic Mica. =))

    Happy October Honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your dresses and how you've styled them - perfect for mothering duties! The stripey dress looks perfect for this time of year and I love the bright pink in the scarf. I know what you mean about enjoying skirts before baby T gets on the move. You will start to see the benefits of shorts (great for being mobile and the pockets are a blessing too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I'll be into the shorts for the necessary coverage as I run after a mobile baby I'm sure! :P

      Delete
  4. I love your pink scarf! So cute!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info here Mica! It is so nice to be back. I love your converse with the pure white laces! Awesome look on you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you appreciate our link up. I am always terming it 'our' because it isn't just me, it is with the co-host too. huh? You are so sweet. Have a grand time with your sweet baby today. ♥, Renae

      Delete
    2. Aww, I always love your comments Renae! Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. I love them both, I love dresses and skirts worn with converses, something so playful and relaxed about the look but still so sassy!

    Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm always so impressed with how put together you look with a newborn on your hands! i love the McQueen scarves!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! You look incredibly stylish with a toddler, I'm sure as baby gets mobile and less happy to watch me getting dressed each day I'll be in trouble! :P

      Delete
  8. Both of these dresses look adorable on you! I love to combine my Chuck's with dresses - such a fun, casual look. I really like your darker ones and have some on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a comfortable combination! :)

      Delete
  9. Perfect Converse pairings, Mica and your September purchases are all cute. Lov ethe stripe dress! :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dresses and cons; what a rad look! Perfect for your mummy activities!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. both of these dresses are perfect closet staples! i can imagine wearing them over and over again -- so many different ways to style them! this scarf looks beautiful with both dresses. i always worry about my dresses going up too high too! i know some girls wear bicycle shorts underneath, which i should probably try.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll have to start trying little hacks like that as baby gets mobile, hehe! :)

      Delete
  12. I quite like you in neutral based dresses, especially with Chucks. You give off such a cool mumma vibe hehehe! I've been living in my white pair a tad bit more of late, maybe it's the weather or something for me. Don't know why I'm gravitating to them as much as I am

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Chucks make getting dressed so easy, and make walking around trying to rock a baby to sleep easy too, haha! I've been wearing mine a lot too - nice for in-between seasons I think!

      Delete
  13. What can you say? Converse are the best! Hehe, and I love them paired with a cute dress :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so cute, I really like the comfy combination. I love the printed Tee as well.
    xx/Madison
    Beauty Goodies, and Travelling Tips

    ReplyDelete
  15. love these casual looks!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these dresses look nice and chic, the first one I like more, though. The scarf looks nice and adds the final touch to both of those outfits:) You look really pretty! Besides, those snapshots are so lovely!
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! The second one is my favourite - as I love that dress so much, hehe! :)

      Delete
  17. Your scarves are always fantastic! I love the cute dresses paired with your converse, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two great combinations! Love that scarf too! You can't go wrong with a skull scarf. :) Or converse!

    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
    L,
    Vicky
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when you have a good combination like Converse or a great scarf, it makes sense to keep repeating it, hehe! :)

      Delete
  19. lovely scarf! I love how you made it sparkle with the rest of your outfit kept more neutral! Very nicely done!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do like wearing bright and bold accessories :)

      Delete
  20. I seriously need to get a pair of converse, love how you styled them! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday!

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be lost without mine, so comfortable! :)

      Delete
  21. Both dresses are great! I also love the maxi skirt you bought. Got one from Zara, too. :)
    Rathana xo http://fabfashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved both your looks! They look casual and comfy! And I think you've lost weight :) I was away from blogging for a bit so I can definitely tell the difference!!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I've lost that big baby belly and gained a son! :)

      Delete
  23. So much great stuff here! I am so loving the black paired with the pink! Those two are a fave color combo of mine. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those scarves. They look so stylish and fun! And Converse are the best. They're so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do I spy with my little eye a pram in the 2nd photo ?:D Gorgeous purchases esp the black and white dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yes! Sometimes I am rocking baby in the stroller as I take the pics, if he's a bit grizzly before we head out, haha! :)

      Delete
  26. Love your purchases. Skater skirts can do that! HAHAHAHA Great striped dress. Very comfy.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But they are such a pretty skirt style...I forgive them and wear them again! :P

      Delete
  27. Wow...it's been awhile since I stopped by...so sorry! As always you look fab. I love a good converse and dress combo so I love both, but that striped dress is great!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. That blue dress is so nice. I've always thought that dark blue is just such a classic and dressy colour.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...