Wednesday 8 October 2014

Star Print, Purple Skinny Jeans | Grey Tee, Colour Block Maxi Skirt

Two more Fox In Flats style dare outfits from September!

Here's what I wore to go out for the day with baby T:
NecklaceDogeared silver wishbone necklace
Tee: Star and galaxy print boxy tee from my sisters wardrobe
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs


Took baby T for his regular checkup with our local child health nurse, and then went shopping with my mother in law. The style dare for the day was "borrowed", so I thought this tee was a good choice. It's a hand me down from my sister's wardrobe, from a pile of clothes she let me look through before she donated them. More 'taken' than 'borrowed', but I thought it fit the theme. The print and the label are quite worn so I don't know the brand, she bought it on one of her overseas trips. It's really soft and comfortable, and I like the galaxy print.

As well as looking pretty, the print came in extremely helpful! The day started out well and I even had time for a photo, but of course I ended up running late. Baby had a little burp as I picked him up over my shoulder, just as my mother in law arrived to take us out for the day. As we had an appointment with the nurse, I didn't have time to check to see if more than the floor got a little something on it. No-one said a thing and it wasn't until I got home that I realised I had milky dribble down my shoulder. Turns out, baby spit-up looks a lot like the star and galaxy print from a distance! A very helpful tee for life with baby ;)


Last worn: purple skinny jeans, Havaianas. First time I've worn the tee.



Here's what I wore to go out for coffee and cake:
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
TeeAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves
Belt: C/O Poppywinkle brown weave belt
SkirtAsos colour block maxi skirt in red (on sale!)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats


This is what I wore when the style dare was "braided". Although my hair is long enough to braid, I'm constantly having a bad hair day as I haven't seen the hairdresser since before baby was born! Thought that a braided belt would be a bitter idea, and maybe a little unexpected.

As the maxi skirt is gathered and has a bit of volume on it, I'd normally go for a more form fitting tee. And that's what I imagined paired with the skirt when I bought it. But I've worn it with voluminous tops before and it looked so good I wanted to wear it again. And you can never go wrong with a grey tee. This is one of my favourite outfits, it was perfect for a morning out and indulging in some cake.


Last worn: Wayfarers, grey tee, braided belt, colour block maxi skirt, metallic mouse flats.






Linking up with What I Wore, Wardrobe Wednesday, Style Me, Thursday Favourites, Sequins and Style, Three-Fer Thursday today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

20 comments:

  1. Loving those purple skinny jeans! You also look great in the maxi - loving that skirt!

    ut my post at http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2014/10/what-i-wore-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favourite maxi skirts! :)

      Delete
  2. Cute jeans and skirt! Very good choices :)

    www.flashforwards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I need to break out the colored jeans soon - these purple skinnies are fabulous!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get lots of wear out of yours with the cooler weather you will be experiencing! :)

      Delete
  4. Love your colour block skirt!! Gorgeous. And love the baby burp story. I remember my first son doing that all the time. People would tell me "um there's something on your shoulder" and I'd whip out the wipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. baby wipes can clean up so much! I had a burp right down the front of my top the other day, I grabbed a wipe and it cleaned it up enough for me to get home without any stares, haha!

      Delete
  5. that galaxy/star tee is the cutest! major bonus points that it's soft and comfy too. i didn't get to comment on your last two posts, but i am loving all of your new dresses. the dropwaist one looks amazing on you!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that colour block maxi, it looks great and you and love how you styled it with the grey tee. Hope you are having a great week:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the casual outfits!! You're really pretty and it's great that you can pull off a maxi skirt. Haha the spit on the galaxy print is a funny story ;)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those blackberry jeans are awesome! They're darker than purple. I so want a pair. Great pairing with the sparkly tee. Looks so good together. I bet you're busy with the baby and taking him for his vaccinations. You always look stylish Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such the perfect deep purple! :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! love the skirt :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great. I'm convinced your wardrobe is endless


    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...