Wednesday 29 October 2014

Statement Denim Outfits - Blue and Purple, Metallic Gold and Mixed Print Shirt. Monthly Purchases

Just like Monday's post, getting a little uninspired with my outfit choices and I wore jeans twice in a row! Coloured jeans for a bit of interest, but still sticking with the comfy denim!

Here's what I wore to spend the day with my mum:
Blue and Purple Sheer Stripe Tee layered tank skinny jeans Spring outfit
TeeAtmos&Here 'Cara' mesh panel tee (on sale!)
Tank: Jeanswest 'Jenni' basic singlet in Hawaii blue
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs


Wore this to spend the day with my mum, and a slightly grouchy baby T! It was a cooler, overcast day so I layered up a little with this sheer stripe tee over a tank. First time I've ever worn this tank without a baby bump! I was in my second trimester last time I wore it.

I really like wearing blue and purple together, I've worn this combination before frequently with these jeans. The one thing I didn't like in this outfit was the stripe tee. It was one of my July purchases, right back when I started sharing my purchases and trying to be more careful to only buy things I'd actually use. Since July, this is only it's third wear. While I do like it with jeans, much more than it worn with maxi skirts, it was a bit warm despite the cooler day. With the weather warming up more too it's unlikely I'll get a lot more days to wear it this year, so it would be sitting in my wardrobe for a long time before it would get worn again. Given the limited ways I can wear it, and the limited time I'll have left to wear it, I don't think it's going to be a frequently reached for piece. I did consider this in my purchase review after wearing it twice, but I held onto it then, thinking I might still get lots of wear out of it. Today it's leaving my wardrobe, going into the donate pile, and serving as a lesson to myself to really think things through before I buy them! Not a great cost-per-wear.

Slowly but surely, I'll work my way through wearing all the items in my wardrobe and end up with a wardrobe full of things I love to wear and can wear in multiple ways!


Last worn: blue tank, sheer stripe tee, purple skinny jeans, Havaianas.



Here's what I wore to meet my mothers group and run errands:
Spring Outfit Sass and Bide Metallic skinny jeans Jeanswest mixed print shirt
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceDogeared 3 Wishes stardust bead necklace layered with vintage gold initial necklace
ShirtJeanswest 'Ruby' mixed print shirt
JeansSass and Bide 'Three Words' metallic gold jeans
Shoes: Cotton On thin strap thongs in black
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


Unlike the previous outfit, I loved everything about this one! The sleeves on the shirt were a little frustrating to me through the day, but only as I was in a rush in the morning and hadn't taken the time to roll them up properly.

Wore this shirt for a busy day! Caught up with some of the ladies in my mother's group in the morning, and then had to run around fitting in as many errands as I could. No matter what time I go, there always seems to be a huge line at the bank.....thankfully we got home in time for my mother in law's visit that afternoon.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, mixed print shirtmetallic skinny jeansCotton On thongsMarc by Marc Jacobs baby bag.



I've been trying to share my purchases each month on the blog - to meet a few shopping goals. Reviewing each purchase after I wear it has really helped me too.

This month I didn't buy anything for myself though! I did go a little overboard with baby clothes, but I'm not accounting for that on the blog ;) The only shopping I did was my Missoni purchases for the house and baby T, so I'll share that video for my October purchases.



Not a bad result for October :) I didn't set out to not buy any new clothes or accessories, it just happened as I wasn't too tempted by anything. I've been thinking a lot more about Christmas presents too, so most of my budget has gone to that.




Linking up with What I Wore, Wardrobe Wednesday, Budget Linkup, Style Me Wednesday, Thursday Favourites, Spotlight Weekly, Throw Back Thursday, Three-fer Thursday, Sequins and Style today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

33 comments:

  1. Love these coloured denim looks on you, perfect for everyday & still so chic. Your blouse in the second picture is lovely! Hope you are having a great week.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 cute blouses today Mica, especially the second one. You look lovely.

    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those berry colored jeans. The gray top looks great on you!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it was so "breezy" here in Scotland! When we say breezy - it means blizzards! ;) PS cute sheer tee!

    Tatyana
    Secret little Stars
    www.secretlittlestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice look, I love the second shirt, verry pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top in your second outfit. It's super flattering and looks extremely comfy! (:

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you're assessing all of your purchases and tracking the wearability of everything you buy. i SO need to do this, as my closet is overflowing and i don't wear half of what's inside. it's so hard for me to get rid of stuff! anyway, love the purple jeans and the gorgeous top in the bottom photo, even if the sleeves were a bit annoying for you. :)

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a lot of ways to edit my wardrobe over the years - this seems to be a good one so far! All about trying to find what works for you! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the colors on the second outfit. Purple denim is so fun too - I do like that you have a color tank under the first outfit and how it shows through.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope to see you tomorrow for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I am loving everything about that second outfit too! It's just...perfect :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your chiffon shirt/blouse on the second outfit!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the casual vibe of both look.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh ooh oooh, I just love the second outfit! Those fab gold jeans with the gorgeous printed sheer top is just lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ensems my friend. Yes I am dressing up and I am going to be something really scary. A DOCTOR! LOL My daughters are helping me so not to over do. Thank you for your sweet words of friendship to me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. how chic and comfy the outfits are! so cute!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeans are my favorite! I could wear them 500 days in a row because I love them so much!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also love everything about the 2nd outfit. Your gorgeous jeans are stunning and the soft grey sheer top is beautiful and suits your soft skin tone. I usually try to work out cost per wear but I still end up wasting money with things hanging in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would be rather embarrassed by how high my cost per wear is for some pieces I'm sure! I need to work harder to wear more and buy less!

      Delete
  17. I have that sheer grey stripe top. I brought it months ago and wore it once and it's been sitting (somewhere) looking pretty. I need to bring that bad boy out to play! Thanks for the reminder Mica!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those purple jeans in the first picture!

    http://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty. Your hair has gotten so long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute outfit! I love the blue and purple combination- I would have never thought to pair those two colors together but it looks good. And I love that second outfit a lot!
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your ever-chic style! Blue and purple are a fab combo. Guess it makes sense as purple is comprised of blue (plus red). :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like you with a fuller top and skinnier pant Mica. That style looks great on you! LOVING the second outfit. You look so CHIC! Sorry your son wasn't feeling good. Hope he's doing better.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love both, but my favorite is the grey blouse. Very tasteful chosen :)

    greetings from Germany
    Dana
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the top that you wore to your mother's group. Looks very feminine!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look great! You can't ever go wrong with jeans and also I just completely adore your mothers get-together look – so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those gold skinnies are so cute! They add the perfect touch of unexpected sparkle.
    The Doctor Diva

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...