Wednesday 8 July 2015

State of Origin Maroon Outfit and The Wednesday Pants Link Up

A special post today - a Maroon outfit for the State of Origin! I've posted about the game before, it's a bit of rivalry between two Australian states; Queensland (maroon) and NSW (blue). I'm linking up with Allison and The Wednesday Pants wearing my maroon and Allison will be wearing her blues. You can join the linkup below.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Maroon Queenslander Origin office wear skinny pants polka dot blouse

Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat (similar, on sale!)
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
DressNext brown polka dot and lace top
PantsJeanswest 'Fiona' skinny leg pant in shiraz
ShoesWittner 'Lumen' heel in patent leather
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


Why I wore it:

This is a great way to wear some maroon in the office, burgundy pants. Very appropriate for the 'Wednesday Pants' theme too! On game days, our office dress code is relaxed enough that people can wear footy shirts to the office. But if you don't have a team shirt, or you have meetings with customers so you have to stick to the dress code, then maroon items are a great way to still show your team spirit. Plus you can re-wear things you already own.

I haven't worn this top in a long time (almost 2 years!) so it's overdue a wear! It's a mock layer top so it's one piece, but it looks like two. It's very easy to wear, just has been neglected for a while as it's better in cooler weather and it didn't fit when I was pregnant and it's not ideal for breastfeeding. Glad to be able to wear it to the office again.

I was a bit shocked to see it's been 9 months since I used my Fran handbag too! It is still a favourite of mine, but when I last wore it I found it a bit much to juggle with the baby bag also, as it's quite large. I figured it would get more wear when I returned to work, but that hasn't been the case. Partly because I bought a new tote for work and partly because all of my handbags are hidden away in boxes under the bed now and it's easy to forget about them when I can't see them all out on display like I did before. We turned my dressing room into a nursery instead.
After buying another handbag in June, I think I need to put the breaks on the bag buying a bit and just enjoy what's left after my big bag clearout on ebay a while back. #NoBuyJuly15 means no buying handbags either! Despite all of the tempting sales.....I have kept away from the handbag sections of Shopbop, Matches Fashion and Net-A-Porter to avoid breaking my shopping ban.


Last worn: trench coatbrown lace polka dot top, burgundy pants, patent heels, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag.

Other ways to wear: polka dot top with tweed pants, burgundy pants on the weekend, trench with a LBD, Marc Jacobs Fran bag with a maxi skirt 4 weeks postpartum, nude patent heels with pencil skirt in summer.





This week I'm excited to be co-hosting The Wednesday Pants Link-Up with Allison of Sydney Fashion Hunter. Allison created her blog to share her experiences of hunting down that perfect fashion item in the beautiful harbour city she calls home. She's a globe trotting, shoe loving, designer handbag toting Aussie who loves to cook up a storm with a wine glass in hand. On the blog she mixes high end and high street. In "The Wednesday Pants" series she has set herself a challenge to wear the same white pair of Calvin Klein pants every Wednesday for an entire year, styled differently of course! This week is the State Of Origin decider and Allison is supporting NSW by showing her colours and proving that you can be stylish while still supporting the boys on the field.  Head on over to her blog and follow along.




We'd both love to see your style this week so link up below following these simple rules:-

1. Follow your host on Facebook, Bloglovin', Twitter and/or Pintrest.
2. Follow your co-host on Bloglovin'InstagramTwitter and/or Facebook.
3. Your post should be either a white pants outfit from your archives or your best OOTD from this week.
3. Ensure your link goes to a specific blog page rather than you blog home page.
4. Include a link back to Sydney Fashion Hunter in your blog post.
5. Visit a couple of the other links and discover new blogs to love.






Linking this post up with Wardrobe Wednesday(showing lingerie so not safe for work), Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Pleated Poppy, What I Wore, Style Me Weekly, Oh Hey Girl, Trendy Wednesday, Brilliant Blog Posts, Thursday Favourites, Thursday Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fun Fashion Friday, Feature Friday, Fashion Friday today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

59 comments:

  1. Great outfit Mica! #GoTheBlues #NSW #BleedBlue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha #GoQueensland! I'm pleased we won! :)

      Delete
  2. I love burgundy pants - especially in the colder months! That top is super cute as well.
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute combo of colors, so rich. I think your blouse added the perfect amount of girliness to your outfit. I have a pair of pants in a very similar color and love pairing it with other jewel colors in winter/fall. Have a wonderful Wed dear ( is it Wed. there right now:) XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we are ahead of the times in Australia, haha!

      And I do like wearing these pants in the cooler months, you're right! It's that kind of colour I guess.

      Delete
  4. So funny as I wore a maroon pencil skirt and dared to pair it with leopard. Always great to revive an old bag love affair, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of shiraz but, on you it looks fab. Cute outfit. Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit! Maroon is one of my favorite colors to wear in Autumn/Winter :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the bag, nice styling job!

    xoxo

    http://midoriline.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these outfits!! Your style is so cute ;A;
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a South Australian, the State of Origin and rugby in general doesn't penetrate much of our AFL-obsessed state but I have worn footy jumpers to work many years ago as part of Grand Final celebrations! I am loving your very tasteful take on the maroon and that Marc Jacobs bag big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that most workplaces allow us to really get into it and have a bit of fun! :) Even if you can't wear the shirt, they encourage you to dress in team colours :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. ...or is it oxblood? Or burgundy? So many names...why so many names...haha!

      Delete
  11. What a fab idea for a challenge - I know wearing any pants in two consecutive weeks would be a challenge for me! Linking up with my favourite pants from last week - they have blue AND maroon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the perfect pants! :) It is a great and tricky challenge Allison has set herself!

      Delete
  12. Yes to maroon! I love how it adds a subtle pop of colour to the neutrals.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Looks great on you, Mica! Such a chic office look!
      We've had to change the dressing room into a baby room too! So almost everything is hidden somewhere in my closet! Guess that's a major problem why we, ladies have nothing to wear! :-D

      Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
    2. haha yes dear Ira you understand the situation! It's better having the nursery, but I do miss being able to easily see everything!

      Delete
  13. love your bag as always!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having the word "blue" in your blog title shouldn't you be barracking for the blues! Hehe! Go the Blues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha 'away' from the blue, 'away'! Go Queensland ;)

      Delete
  15. You guys have some beautiful trench coats! How fun that you showed your team spirit with maroon pants--very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute outfit Mica and a nice change from the usual jeans. Gorgeous handbag too! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know why I come to your blog, everytime I see your photos I get so jealous that it is so cool there and here I am stuck in the heat, lets switch places? :D haha. Though lets be real here I never look that chic, you have such amazing clothing for every season!

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you, we are lucky that it doesn't get too cold here! :)

      Delete
  18. As always you look so chic! You style such amazing outfits! And what a awesome link up! Happy Wednesday!
    xoxo.Victoria
    www.coffeeandablonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw this is the first I'm hearing of Wednesday pants. haha. I'm a typical dress to the office gal, but today it was really chilly and I opted for a pair of fitted black trousers instead. I'm loving that top on you. I'm a sucker for all things ruffled and peplum. (:

    So nice to "meet" Allison! Love her shoes and hangbag! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has great taste in accessories! :) And I think every now and then the day just calls for some pants! I'm looking forward to finding another pair like this, these are my only pair of work pants!

      Delete
  20. Cute look!! I adore that plum Marc Jacobs bag!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Rosegal Printed Romper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for cohosting! I have a pair of burgundy pants and they are one of my favorite work staples. I love them with your cream top.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those maroon pants with that top Mica! You have some hidden fashion treasures in your closet! It paired beautifully with your pants. Allison looks beautiful in blue. Love her outfit.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I do have so many things hidden away, it's sad! Means I need to be better at cleaning out!

      Delete
  23. You look awesome in those pants! Love the burgundy with the beige! And I had to set my bag buying on a time-out too. :( This shall pass....or so they say. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your bag buying ban! I'm struggling with mine, so many pretty bags...But I really needed #noBuyJuly15 and a break from spending!

      Delete
  24. I can't believe you have not worn that bag in so long - then again I can relate to not seeing things and kind of forgetting they exist.
    MMM are you really, really doing a #nojulybuys? I would have loved to jump in - but i have already shopped !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my hardest to stick to #noBuyJuly15! Unfortunately I picked a month full of sales...so it's very tricky! But so far so good!

      Delete
  25. Lovely outfit Micah

    Regards,

    www.agirlinafrica.com

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this look and your style sweetie! What a beautiful blog!

    I invite you to check out my blog. I am a life coach and every Monday, I post life coaching tips on all areas of life. I would love to see you there! <3

    Diana Bryant

    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com – Blog

    www.DianaBryant.com – Web

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those maroon pants are amazing!!!! XO
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. All lovely outfits.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. May I confess, I'm in love with that pretty polka dot blouse, it's so lovely! This outfit is one of my favourites, seriously. I love beige and burgundy, and each of those items supplement each other:) Nice choice, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look so cute :)) love your outfit especially the blouse :) And yeah, I fell in love with your bag! Have a nice day :))

    Welcome to my blog
    www.blotterlife.com :))

    ReplyDelete
  31. I totally hear you on forgetting about items safely tucked away in boxes for later use..just so I can keep a tab on what I have, I keep them out in the open, all throughout the year..keeps me in check ( or not!) most of the time..Love the maroon pants, I have long wanted a red or maroon one and have held off, but I think once I am back to my new normal ( hopefully in a few months) I will definitely be getting one! love the combination with the subtle polka dot top as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no rush to get back to your pre-baby self, take your time! There will always be a chance to shop! :)

      I miss having the space to have everything out and see which bags hadn't been worn in a while, it was so quick and easy rotating through them!

      Delete
  32. What a fun way to show your state loyalty! I love this look, especially that top! I love how you made it look sophisticated with the maroon color and nude pumps--such a pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love maroon pants and wear mine constantly during fall and winter. Glad you were able to wear your top again! It looks adorable paired with those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that lacy top, it's very pretty. Also, I have a terrible penchant for buying way more bags then I need (such is life) so maybe I will share in your #NoBuyJuly, haha.

    Hope your week ends well!
    Xoxo,
    Shian | The Fashion Investigator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes, feel free to join us! We could use the #NoBuyJuly15 support!

      Delete
  35. Love the bag! Such a great color.

    - Audrey Allure
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely ensemble! I adore maroon. Another lovely handbag... :) Thanks for hosting this link up! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. How fun for the two of you to showcase team colors today! Looking great as always Mica!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I used to live in Australia and fondly remember the excitement surrounding all the supporting events! Shorts were worn in the office over the Christmas period while the Ashes were on the TV. Love the maroon trousers, though as I lived in Sydney I should be hailing blue! Love handbags, think you can never have too many. Popped over from #FashionFridays xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame the blues lost then! :) Australia is a lovely country, I'm sure you enjoyed living here :)

      Delete
  39. Thank you all for your kind comments, and for linking up with the link up I co-hosted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi! Thanks for co-hosting. I love the color of your pants and the bag is great too! Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I LOVE those maroon colored pants, I would love a pair in that color. That white top and camel colored coat go great with them. You look awesome!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love that classic outfit, you look beautiful. Thanks for linking up to #brillianblogposts http://www.honestmum.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...