Wednesday 12 August 2015

Corporate Style: Balenciaga Tempete Day Bag, Pencil Skirts and Leather Jackets

Two more office outfits, both featuring blue prints. It's been a while since I've worn my Balenciaga day bag and so I thought it was a good idea to get it out again. I like wearing it with blue.

Just wore my leather jacket instead of my usual go-to trench coats as it was a little warmer. I am looking forward to the end of winter and being able to wear fewer layers!

What I wore:

Printed Leather Jacket Pashmina blue shirt black pencil skirt flats hobo bag office wear

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete
ScarfNali feather print pashmina scarf
Shirt: Target blue abstract floral print shirt (new purchase)
SkirtJeanswest black ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Excited to get to wear my newest purchase! I bought this Target top back in July, when I was supposed to be doing #noBuyJuly15. I always end up buying something in sales, so I should never have decided to take a look at the sale. At least I only bought one thing. For only $10 I'm really happy with it, it's the kind of top I can wear to work and at home with baby too, so I'm not beating myself up too badly for buying something and not meeting the challenge 100%.


Last worn: printed leather jacket, feather print pashmina, black pencil skirt, Walnut Melbourne flats, Balenciaga Day bag.

Other ways to wearprinted leather jacket worn with stripes, pashmina with a navy dress, black pencil skirt hiding a second trimester bump, black flats with skinny jeansBalenciaga day bag and summer dresses.







More Balenciaga Day bags:
(including some second hand under $700)





What I wore:

Blue and Black Office Outfit Winter lace pencil skirt skull scarf Balenciaga day bag

Balenciaga G21 giant hardware tempete storm blue day hobo bag on shoulder
ScarfAlexander McQueen skull scarf in light blue
TopJeanswest 'Tilda' black shirt
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

It's been a while since I wore this blue skull scarf too! During my wardrobe detox it was called out as a colour that's not great right next to my face, and something I should get rid of. I couldn't part with it though! I'm keeping it as I can live with the fact that I'll just look more tired on days I wear it, like I do here.

I'm trying to wear this pencil skirt a little more over winter. I tend to wear it a lot in the warmer months with bare legs, and not so much with black tights in winter. I'm trying to wear it more often to ensure I'm making the most of my wardrobe year-round. Not everything will work for all seasons, but I'd rather have the majority of things in my wardrobe being able to be worn all year, so I'm not leaving things unworn too long.


Last wornprinted leather jacket (above), blue skull scarf, black top, lace pencil skirt, Walnut Melbourne flats (above), Balenciaga temptete day bag (above).


Other ways to wearleather jacket and a grey dress, skull scarf and striped dress, black top in the second trimester, pencil skirt worn casually outside the office, black flats with a printed dress, Balenciaga temptete day bag and denim shorts.







Linking up with Pleated Poppy, Style Me Weekly, Style Me Wednesday, Trendy Wednesday, The Wednesday Pants, Thursday Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fun Fashion Friday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

39 comments:

  1. I love your corporate look-- so classy and chic.
    I love your 2nd skirt too
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty skirt, it deserves to be seen all year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Hopefully I'll wear it in the cold weather more often now!

      Delete
  3. I love your skirt! I used to have a dress with a similar print and loved it. It's just something different! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lace is lovely, I really like the texture and it is something different from all my other skirts :) Shame you no longer have the dress!

      Delete
  4. You are looking great, I love the skirt in the last look such a great print :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful blue and black looks, Mica! Your lace skirt is amazing! Really chic with a leather jacket! Would love to see it with a blazer too! :) The pashmina scarf of the first look flatters your skin, Mica. Great styling! <3

      xoxo Ira
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  5. The skirt looks great for winter! I've got some items that I just can't get rid of, so I'm glad you're holding onto things you like, regardless of the wardrobe detox!
    PS: I hope your knee is getting better!

    -Olivia.
    www.foxandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I'm trying to rest it as much as possible still!

      I think I did well only grabbing one thing back out the pile, I let go of a lot of clothes in one day, so I think it's okay to hold onto things now and then ;)

      Delete
  6. I love the color of that bag, such a nice dusty blue :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that skirt in your second outfit. So unique and great for work. Your leather jacket is really nice too. You have some beautiful pieces!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly think Target is the reason I'd epically fail at one of these no spend challenges. Whether it's for me, Pen, or Joshua, I ALWAYS find something worth buying. You know what I've come to notice I love my cheap Target clothes more than my department store "investment pieces." Funny how that works out right? I'm still on one big mission to make my closet the happiest it can be, with lots of transition pieces and things I can easily mix and match. It was going great until I starting losing weight. And let me tell you, it was like all at once! In fact pants I purchased last week are already a bit too baggy on me. Totally not complaining, but I need to keep up with myself. (;

    I love all the shades of blue going on in these outfits. Blue is my favorite color and I'm always trying to find new ways to make it work. In love with that powder blue scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes there is always that one store that we can squeeze the budget enough to spend some money in! :)

      I think the cheap clothes can often last a long time so they certainly can turn out to be investments!

      It's great you are doing so well with your weight loss journey, although yes it must be a pain buying pants!!!

      Delete
  9. You look amazing. I love our blue prints.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you really find some great things at ASOS. Love the skirt in particular. I would totally rock this skirt. Super chic.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love both of these outfits! The leather jacket is so cute!!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont think I've ever owned a bag in that shade of blue… just navy. It's a great piece that I can imagine you wearing with an all white look and hints of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look great with white! Not that I wear white often being clumsy myself and now adding a toddler to the mix, haha!

      Delete
  13. Love the look! I need that bag. :) Haha!

    Stopping by from the PleatedPoppy link-up!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a GREAT bag! I highly recommend it! You can find some lovely ones second hand too that are easier to save up for!

      Delete
  14. Cool skirts! The second one is my fave, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That skirt in the second outfit is adorable. You're so good at accessorising!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah yes, Mica, it's better to make use of outfits all year round that keep it in the closet when season changed. You're just being creative and that's great!
    I like the second outfit most, btw

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, always good to wear things year-round! :)

      Delete
  17. Gahh that Balenciaga bag is a beauty!! I love that pencil skirt in the second outfit - the lace details are gorgeous!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. That bag is gorgeous! I try to buy things that are seasonless too. I love your pencil skirt! It's so pretty for work and you can dress it down for a weekend look!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worn it casually once before, but I have the hardest time seeing pencil skirts as casual options as I wear them for the office so much, haha! It did look great though :)

      Delete
  19. I LOVE the color of that bag! I also love that pencil skirt! Bravo! XO
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eee, your layers and scarves make me look forward to fall! Both these looks are polished but still unique. No buy July sounds like a great idea (I ended up doing thrift-store-only-July, but it doesn't have the same ring haha). It's hard to hold true to these things though, especially if you just happen to be where clothes are! When I gave up shopping for Lent, it was tough since I still accompanied my mom for her trips. But as you said, if it's something you'll keep wearing, it's worth it. The point of the challenge is not to be super strict, but to encourage people to be more mindful and purposeful about what they buy.

    Also liking the idea of wearing more typically seasonal pieces in every season--that lace skirt is really chic!

    WIshing you only the best!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so tough when you go shopping and you aren't supposed to be buying - I shouldn't have checked out the sale at all, haha. But I thought I'd just have a little look.....certainly showed me that I can slow down my buying when needed, and after buying so much in June a month of no shopping was definitely necessary!

      Delete
  21. These are some lovely outfits Mica! That blue lace skirt is just stunning. And hey, buying just one $10 top isn't bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yep, could have been worse and been something like the budget-breaking haul I bought in June! I don't feel too bad just buying one thing, although I wish I'd stuck to the challenge completely, not a bad result.

      Delete
  22. Love, love, love the blue of your bag!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That purse is a great color and love the alice skirt in the second outfit.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm kind of obsessed with maxis - love how you've layered them for winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well I think it was an excellent purchase! When you see something at a great price definitely get it. Love that lace skirt! The bag looks great with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...