Friday 18 September 2015

Flared Jeans, Flats, Printed Scarves, Balenciaga Day Bag

Since I discovered I can fit the bandage for my knee injury under my flared jeans, I've been wearing them a lot lately! Switches things up a little so it's not just maxi skirts all the time. While I am trying to move away from wearing the bandage to support my knee now and then, I still need it the majority of the time so my wardrobe has to work around it.

As it is spring here in Brisbane, I decided to add a little more colour to my layers with some printed scarves. Won't be long before it's too warm for most of them to be worn. I confess I have so many scarves it's hard to feel I get a good amount of wear of them all over winter!

What I wore:

Away from Blue | Flared Jeans spring layers print mixing scarf and stripe cardi

Balenciaga automne brown classic RH day bag
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Kmart striped maxi cardigan
ScarfJeanswest Lux paisley print scarf (C/O)
ShirtJeanswest Helene sleeveless textured shirt in berry
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

This scarf is one that will be able to be worn well into spring as it's nice and light. I really liked the print mixing with the stripes, and the blue of the scarf against the pink sleeveless tank too. I added the maxi cardigan as it's still a little too chilly for bare arms at the moment.

Wore this to playgroup, and was in a little bit of a rush to get there so I didn't spend much time getting ready and didn't realise the tag was showing so prominently on the scarf! I really should cut it off!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, striped maxi cardi, printed scarf, sleeveless shirt, flared jeans, gold mouse flats, Balenciaga day bag.

Other ways to wearmaxi cardi and a shift dress, printed scarf with a blue dress, sleeveless shirt and skinny jeans, boho outfit with flared jeans, gold mouse flats and printed jeans, Balenciaga day bag and chambray dress.



Shop printed scarves at Shopbop, starting from $15:


See the full range of printed and plain scarves at shopbop here. It's one of my favourite places to shop for scarves! I'm frequently browsing the printed scarf selection.

If you're in the US or UK and it's getting chilly, they have things like cashmere scarves to keep you cosy, or even blanket vests and capes if it's getting really cold where you are.


What I wore:

Away From Blue Flared jeans in winter neon leopard print scarf Balenciaga day bag

Balenciaga truffle brown day bag classic RH
Scarf: Supre neon pink leopard print scarf
TeeAtmos&Here grey Arizona zip tee
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

More long sleeves! It was quite a cool morning so although I contemplated shorter sleeves, I figured this would keep me cosier. With the grey tee and the dark wash flares it seemed a little dull and dark, so this neon leopard print scarf added the perfect amount of colour. Colourful printed scarves are perfect for that! I think maybe a colourful handbag would have been nice also, but I've really been enjoying using my Balenciaga day bag. Plus the brown colour just goes with everything!

This was comfy and cosy for a morning spent running errands.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer(above), neon leopard print scarf, grey long sleeve tee, flared jeans (above), Converse, Balenciaga Day bag (above).

Other ways to wearleopard print scarf and a maxi skirt, grey tee with ankle boots and denim shorts, flared jeans and a blazer, Converse and a maxi skirt, Balenciaga Day bag and a shift dress.


Linking up with Passion for Fashion, Friday Favourites, Flashback Friday, Fab Favourites, Casual Friday, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Hello Monday here and here.



This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

45 comments:

  1. Great casual outfits Mica. So sorry to hear about your knee; I am glad it's getting better. As always you have the best bags. Love the brown one, looks perfect for everyday and is so versatile. XOXO, Elif
    http://theboxqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good scarf! They bring so much character to your looks! =)

    ~Alyssa~
    shesalyssarenee.com
    Follow Me:
    Instagram
 | Facebook | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with scarves too! And living here in the Algarve where it's too warm most of the year, I feel the same as you. Like I don't get to wear them often enough, which is why I tend to use them to keep my shoulders warm on a cool summer's evening (provided they're big enough!)
    Love the way you wear yours...gorgeous!
    Suzy x
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to make more of an effort to wear my lighter scarves in spring, but much too humid here in summer! :(

      Delete
  4. So envious of your scarves! The color of the second one is so fun (especially for our approaching Fall)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that combination Mica! Sweater + Scarf + Jeans is a very cool look :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarves you're wearing, they are so pretty!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love your post!
    I'm starting to collect different scarves. Haha. It's always a must have.

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to build up a collection - especially when you see them on sale! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm such a fan of coloured scarves, love the red leopard print. You have an amazing collection of handbags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a collection of spring scarves too and such a short window of time to wear them in Sydney as it gets warm so quickly. Every time I see your balenciaga bag I fall more in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, same here in Brisbane! Feels like there isn't enough time to wear them all. I do prefer the heat though :)

      Delete
  10. I'm pleased that your knee is getting better, soon you won't have to worry about squeezing it into jeans because it will be warm enough for skirts and dresses! You certainly know how to rock a scarf, I've got loads of scarves, I just don't know how to wear them (without looking like a wally!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice with scarves I guess! I tend to wear all mine in very similar ways so that helps too, haha.

      I'm looking forward to the warm spring weather, but it hasn't stuck around here in Brisbane yet!

      Delete
  11. I love that first outfit, it's lovely and I hope your knee is fully recovered soon :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I even didn't notice the tag. I always admire your versatile scarf collection, Mica! You have always a wonderful fun to add to your looks. Your second casual outfit is my favourite. Enjoy your weekend, Mica!

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks Ira! I've cut it off now so it's easier to wear!

      Delete
  13. Yay! I'm glad you were able to find something else you could wear with the brace! I really like everything about the first outfit. Your coral top pops against the dark stripes! That scarf lays so nicely too, even if the tag is showing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love scarves so much and your tassel scarf is my favourite. Also the striped cardigan is gorgeous as well. Great outfit! Have a lovely weekend, glad to hear you're doing well and working around the knee issues.
    The Art of Decorating

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like that long striped cardi and how it matches your printed scarf.
    I've been wanting a long cardi but in my head I think it will make me look shorter. But then I see you wear yours and I think.. I can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would make me look shorter too, but when my mum gave me this one for free I couldn't say no! Got to give it a try and I like how it looks :)

      Delete
  16. Your scarves are always on point.
    I love it babe.
    So pretty

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeeekkk!! Those flared jeans look amazing on you!! I hate jeans but I really want to get into some flares again. They remind me of my high school years haha Though, you look way more fashionable of course!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, flared jeans, converse and a graphic tee and it's like being a kid again!

      Delete
  18. Sorry to hear about your knee but great to hear it's Spring in your part of the world. What a great look, love the scarf. I'm going crazy over those gold MJ Mouse flats. LOVE them!

    Brian
    https://davisbe.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great scarves! I love the striped cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally love the first look!
    and your bag seems to age well. totally love its texture

    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balenciaga bags age wonderfully I think! This one goes with everything, so pleased with my purchase!

      Delete
  21. haha isn't it convenient that 70s style including flares are back in fashion again! I have the same issue with the scarf tags too. I don't know why but I always have a knack for wearing them in the way that showcases the tags the most lol. Hope you had a great weekend! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I'm the same with the tags! Often I have to cut them off as I can never figure out how to hide them in the fabric! :P I've cut this one off now ;)

      Delete
  22. you look stunning dear...

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're in luck because flared jeans are totally in right now! Scarves are great for adding more color and pattern into your outfit. I just wish I could wear mine more often but it's too hot here right now! Can't wait for fall to get here!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes couldn't have picked a better time to bring out the flared jeans!

      Delete
  24. such a pretty outfit! you look really cool :)
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the print mixing with your scarf and stripes. Personally I am glad to have flres back and a fun alternative to skinnies.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great alternative, but I've been missing my staple skinny jeans! Pleased to get back into them on the days I can go without the bandage :)

      Delete
  26. scarf season is on!!! i love it! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  27. The flare jeans look great on you! Love the printed scarves, too!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You DO have such an awesome scarf collection, I always admire them! The one in your first look is great, and it's perfect to transition to spring. I love the color and stripe mix in that look too--it all works really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love you bag! And you can never go wrong with Chucks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope your knee heals soon! At least you can wear those amazing flares! They look great on you!

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you all for your kind comments - my knee is healing, although slowly :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...