Friday 2 October 2015

Colourful Cardis, Printed Tanks, Jeanswest Prima Denim Skinny Jeans. SAHM Style

Now that my knee is feeling much better with daily exercises after intensive physio, I'm spending more and more time without the bulky knee bandage. Which means I can wear my skinny jeans again! Although it's Spring here in Brisbane, it's not always warm enough for bare legs, so I'm pleased to be able to wear all my jeans again and not just my flares.


Shortly before my knee injury I wore a simple but colourful outfit with a printed tank, bright cardi and skinny jeans. I really loved that outfit so much, so I've been wearing similar outfits recently.

What I wore:


NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
TopJeanswest 'Hannah' print tank in paradise pink multi
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual (plus a hair tie!)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

I'm never really sure of the colour on this tank! (Is it pink, coral, red or a mix of them all?!). It was too chilly for bare arms so I was looking for a cardigan to wear with it, and going to pick a plain grey one, when I thought I'd give this brighter red one a try. I haven't worn it in a while. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, I liked this combination!

Cooper has had his 'summer trim' so we took toddler T out to the hairdressers for his first haircut too. He did really well, it helped that the hairdressers were lovely and used to kids. He looks less and less like a little baby every day, he's growing so fast!


Last worn: red cardi, striped tank, skinny jeans, studded mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wearred cardi and a maxi skirt, striped tank with a leather jacket in winter, skinny jeans layered up in winter, studded mouse flats and a maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and printed shorts.


Shop more colourful printed tanks at Shopbop:



Shopbop have a large selection of tank tops - everything from graphic tanks to plain or printed tanks! They are so easy to layer up when it's cooler or wear on their own when it's warmer.



What I wore:

Away From Blue | SAHM outfit: purple cardi, Aztec print tank, black skinny jeans, RM Love

Away From Blue | Purple cardi, jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
CardiganJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TopAtmos&Here 'Florida' tank in Aztec print
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Again, loving the printed cardigan and printed tank combination, so I wore it for a day out with toddler T. We went to the library for toddler time (singing and dancing) and then had morning tea together and did a little bit of running around our local Westfield. Well, he did most of the running, I said sorry to the laughing sales assistants every time he let go of my hand and sprinted into a shop doorway. It's amazing how you can't help but smile at a tiny toddler walking around with the biggest grin on his face, we got lots of chuckles from passers by too. When I'm in a rush, it's impossible, but when I've got nothing on my calendar except spending time with the toddler, it's nice to let him 'explore' a little and to just slow things down to his pace.

I'd been looking for something to wear one day and had thought the purple cardi would look nice with this tank, but picked something else to wear instead. It was nice to get around to wearing it, even if I do wish I'd worn a different necklace as this one gets 'lost' a bit in the print.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarerspurple kimono cardigan, Aztec print tank, black prima denim jeans, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag (above).

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and a maxi skirt, Aztec print tank with a red bag, black skinny jeans and plaid shirt, black ballet flats and a printed dress in the office, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and a litle red dress.



Linking up with Fab Favourites, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Modest Monday.


This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

58 comments:

  1. Everyone should have a few printed cardis in their closet. I only have two so I should really get a few more. Anyhow, I do love both of your outfits. That red cardi you wore in the first outfit is so well paired with that redish/pinkish coral top...such a stylish combo. I sure do like the colours you used.

    As for the second outfit, I find that top really interesting, the print is gorgeous. You did well to paired it with a purple cardi, it makes it stand out even more..Plus, that bag is adorable!!!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing my cardigans a lot more recently, I'm glad they are getting some wear for a change! :) I'm definitely a convert and thing they are good additions to a wardrobe!

      Delete
  2. Glad things are on the mend finally! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The bag is amazing!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Your posts, style of writing and photos are amazing! You do a great job!

    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many great printed pieces!! Loving both of these looks :)
    And look at little Cooper, so cute with his haircut
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cardigans... I love the printed tops layered underneath, too!!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Graphic Tee, Denim Skirt & Pumps

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHa I didn't recognize Cooper! So cute! Glad everything went well at the Barber with baby. GLAD your knee is doing better Mica. Such a tender area. I love both tops and cardis with your skinny jeans. They look great!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always looks so different after a big summer trim! :)

      Delete
  8. I love both of those cute printed tanks and how you layered them. The colors in that first look are so pretty!! I'm enjoying our fall colors now but I have such a thing for the colors of spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think spring colours can look great year round, but I definitely wear darker colours more in autumn!

      Delete
  9. So glad your knee is feeling better! I love your printed tops with the cardigans. Such great layering.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bag looks great in both outfits!
    xo, Claire // vonvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your knee is better! That must have been extremely painful.

    I love these outfits! As a matter of fact, I am wearing a tank-top with a cardigan, and some jeans today! I think that outfits like these are great for spring and fall.

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great outfit formulas for those in-between seasons! :)

      Delete
  12. You look so beautiful in this last look, purple matches you so well! I love the printed top too!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, not being able to wear what you want because of injuries is the worst! I love your drapey cardigans (I'm all about them this year!), and you have the best bag collection!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice being better and having a bit of wardrobe choice!

      Delete
  14. I always love how you put together these colors! Lovely!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad your knee is finally feeling better. Must be so annoying having to wear that bulky knee protector for so long! Not to mention not be able to wear your favourite skinny jeans! Mr. Cooper almost made a full frontal appearance in the first picture HAHA I was excited for a second before realsing he was still facing to the side (probably starring at a bird I am sure lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha he was keeping an eye out for a roaming toddler I think! It's hard to get him to look at the lens and take a pic where I'm in the right spot and corral a toddler. hehe! :)

      Delete
  16. That red top is so beautiful! Love the bright colour. Glad to hear that you're recovering!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to know your knee is getting better and also that you're finally back into your skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look lovely!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little blogging sidekick is the cutest! I love the print on that second tank - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad your knees getting better! Great outfit. :)
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bright cardigans and tops are perfect for spring! I can see why you've been gravitating towards that lately! And yay for no brace!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both outfits, dear! Cardigas are excellent layers and you look gorgeous in both color combinations. :)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Even though the necklace get a tad lost, I really like the print, and think the purple cardigan is nice. The red outfit is my favourite, bright and full of happiness. <3
    In-flight-Style

    ReplyDelete
  24. No one wear the skin jeans & cardi combo better than you. It’s like your signature style. It must feel great to be able to wear skinny jeans again!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have really been enjoying wearing my cardigans more this year! :)

      It is definitely good to be back in my skinny jeans, I missed them, ha!

      Delete
  25. Two great choices of cardigans! Both compliments your tops so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love printed tanks and have quite a few in my wardrobe. So glad to hear your knee is feeling a but better. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute looks! I definitely really like the first one.

    N- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great news about the knee - onwards and upwards. Cooper is looking mighty fine, just like his mommy! I love that red cardi - it really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These outfits are both so gorgeous, especially the second one! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love both outfits, but the first one is really eye catching, the red cardi and the tee, beautiful. Love that bag. Your cute dog is so adorable.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute casual looks! And so glad to hear your knee is on the up and up!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm glad that your knee is feeling better! Print tops + cardigans are always a good idea. Love the bag too!
    ~jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovin your cardigan
    So fall look ready
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  34. Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you! I've been well! :)

      Delete
  35. Glad your knee is getting better!

    I love colorful cardigans! The color of the pink/coral/red tank & cardigan is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this bag, now it's on my wish list it's pretty and it will go with everything.

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  37. I adore that purple cardigan with the aztec top, for some reason the colours go really nicely together!

    Also I so wanted to see your pup's face!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He rarely looks at the camera now, too busy watching the toddler running around behind the tripod, haha!

      Delete
  38. Love the second top, the print is super gorgeous :) x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm also always wondering myself how fast our son grows... :)) Your first lovely outfit is looks refreshing, Mica. Both tops are beautiful!

    Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the red cardigan, and your dog is so adorable! Great looks, thanks for sharing :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your outfit! It looks comfy and lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Printed top with a cardigan is my go to look. It's easy, looks put together and simple. I think you totally rocked both of these outfits. So happy to hear your knee is feeling much better! So I noticed you're typing toddler T now. Wait what?! haha When did this happen?! They grow way too fast. I'm still guilty of calling Penny "baby." I'm reminded every day she's not a baby any more. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know! I still call him Baby T, but someone pointed out on instagram he's a little past the baby stage...he'll still be my baby! :)

      Delete
  43. I love coloured cardigans - I have quite a few and are ideal at this time of year between seasons. Really like the colour of both of yours and great with printed tops.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you to everyone who left a thoughtful comment. I'm pleased my knee is feeling much better too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. These are both great looks - I just love wearing cardigans. So glad to hear your knee is doing better. That is terrific news!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...