Monday 11 January 2016

Corporate Style: Wrap Dresses For Pregnancy Office Wear, Balenciaga Sorbet Pink City Bag

Now that the Christmas and New Year's holidays are over, I'm back to sharing my office style. Even though I wore both of these outfits before Christmas! Have been so behind with blogging, although I was dressing for the Fox in Flats DAREcember style challenge each day.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Second Trimester Office Wear Printed Target wrap dress pink Balenciaga bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet Hermes pink clic clac
Necklace: custom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
Dress: thrifted Target printed wrap dress (with Supre pink singlet underneath for modesty)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs two tone flats in blush and black
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes pink clic clac
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'she's a lady' so I figured a lady-like wrap dress with pink accessories was a great way to dress for the theme and still be office-appropriate. You can never go wrong with a wrap dress, and for only $1 this was an op-shop bargain I couldn't pass up!


Last worn: pink singlet, printed wrap dress, two-tone flats, Balenciaga sorbet city bag.

Other ways to wearpink singlet and a floral dress, printed wrap dress and purple singlet, two-tone flats and a plaid pencil skirt, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and a chambray dress.


Where to buy beautiful wrap dresses for under $100:




(I've already bought the first dress, I sized up so it works in the third trimester and it's perfect for the officeYou can see it on Instagram here)


What I wore:

Away From Blue | Soon Maternity 'Madeline' grey printed wrap dress second trimester office outfit

AwayFromTheBlue | JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch Balenciaga sorbet pink city bag
Necklace: Chanel necklace layered with Dogeared silver wishbone necklace and Dogeared 3 Wishes stardust bead necklace  (closeup on Instagram)
Dress: Soon Maternity 'Madeline' grey print wrap dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the next day was 'neck party' which I decided to do by layering some of my more delicate necklaces. This was before I got the awesome statement necklace from my bestie for Christmas, or that would have been perfect to wear.

Loved carrying my Balenciaga city bag the day before, so wore it again. I like the colour combination of pink and black. I've worn the bag and dress together before too, when I was in the third trimester with baby T.


Last worn: Soon Maternity wrap dress, black ballet flats, Balenciaga sorbet city bag (above).

Other ways to wearSoon Maternity wrap dress and an orange bag, black ballet flats and skinny jeans, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and a maxi dress.







Lots of nice wrap dresses, and other styles perfect for office wear.






Linking up with Hello Monday (also here), Classy Monday, Mix It Monday, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Fresh Fashion, What I Wore, What I Wore to Work.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

60 comments:

  1. Wrap dresses are always chic and timeless :) These look perfect on you! I can imagine they would be really comfy for pregnancy too...

    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wrap dresses really suit your current figure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse is so key!! Love the color and how big it is without being too bulky... looks like you could fit a lot in there!

    Stay fab,
    Lisa Favre
    fabuloushabits.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress perfectly accentuates the bump!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look glowing! Love that bag too!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely adorable in these wrap dresses! I really love the print of the second one!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the feeling that dressing whilst pregnant can be really difficult - but you do it so effortlessly, I'm always in such awe!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with a wrap dress I find - pregnant or not! Great way to look pulled together! :)

      Delete
  8. I love wrap dresses. So great for the office! Your color in the bag is such a fun addition, and I like the more delicate layers on your necklace.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Loving the wrap dress on you and the print is so pretty!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "neck party" totally works - and your wrap dresses have come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that second one has lasted me well! :)

      Delete
  11. You always wear such lovely dresses! The print of the second one is my favorite :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously love your dress collection - wrap dresses are so beautiful (and very lady-like - perfect for the style challenge!)

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky to have a lot of pretty dresses (and quite a few that work with the baby bump too!)

      Delete
  13. Such a cute dress! It look so cute on you - thanks for sharing!

    theritzyglitzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely nailed the style challenges! Good job!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did a major wardrobe clean out this weekend. Out went the last of my two big maxis and wrap dresses. It was bittersweet, but easier to do since it's freezing here. I really look forward to summertime and figuring out new styles of dresses to try! (:

    I haven't skipped a day with the style challenge I am currently following and I'm so proud of myself! It's ok you are a little behind. I'm sure as your pregnancy reaches it's end, you're exhausted and the last thing you want to do is blog. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been doing so well with your style challenge, I've enjoyed seeing your insta pics! :)

      And yes I am not too worried about having a backlog of outfits to post..I'm sure it will come in helpful soon! ;)

      Delete
  16. Such a lovely dress, Mica! I think wrap dresses are so figure flattering and they show off and embrace a baby bump so beautifully, too. I love yours paired with the pop of pink, you look beautiful! I hope you're having a wonderful start to your week so far :)

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this kind of dresses on you, Mica! Beautiful dark prints. So chic with black flats! Have a wonderful week, Mica.

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  18. That bag is so gorgeous! I'm usually a black and white type of person, but I can see that bag going with everything! You make pregnancy look super glam.

    Margarita Chi | MARGARITACHI.CO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whenever I see you wearing a dress, I start to think that I don't have many dresses and I should really add a few to my wardrobe :) You look lovely in grey :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I may have a few too many in my wardrobe...they are great though! :)

      Delete
  20. You look wonderful! That dress fits you great!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of these dresses are so cute!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wrap dresses are so classic, and I'm loving both of these on you! The bag adds the perfect pop of color!
    Rachael
    http://www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wooohh i need to find something similar to your wrap dress.
    You look gorg babe!

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  24. what can't a wrap dress do? they look great on everyone. that bag is pretty awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed look great on everyone :)

      Delete
  25. Love the color of that bag. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wrap dress are perfect for maternity wear, they grow and adjust and still can be worn afterwards.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so comfortable and nonrestrictive! They are awesome pregnancy workwear :)

      Delete
  27. Wrap dresses and pregnant bellies are meant to be together! You look fantastic and so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, that dress was $1?! What a great find. I love both dresses and they're so flattering too. I've got to get myself a wrap dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, such a great op-shop bargain! I've been pretty lucky with the thrifting lately, found a new hidden away store with lots of gems! :)

      Delete
  29. That pink bag looks so good with grey! These wrap dresses are adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved the second look the most! The bag is indeed looking pretty good with this black dress!
    neck party! haha
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You can't beat a wrap dress! So cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look great & I love your bag! You have a great collection!

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. your dresses are really prtty. You look each day more beautiful too
    x,Abril
    The Color Palettet

    ReplyDelete
  34. The grey polka dot dress is super cute! You look great! I've never heard of a "neck party" before :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think you totally fulfilled both challenges! The dainty necklaces are perfect for layering go so perfectly with the wrap dress :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  36. Pink and black are a fantastic combo and I approve wholeheartedly. I also like the sorbetishness of this bag, scaling it back from a true hot pink to something a little more refined. (Even though I love hot pink/magenta/fuchsia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I love a good bright pink, but this pastel is such a nice shade too :)

      Delete
  37. omg!! i love your pink balenciaga!!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  38. They look great on you Mica! I especially love the print of the second one. Love your jewelry! Dogeared necklaces are addictive to wear.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for layering too I find! :)

      Delete
  39. so pretty xo
    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. A wrap dress is every women's friend no matter what shape or size. They look gorgeous with your baby bump

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, they look great on everyone! :)

      Delete
  41. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...