Wednesday 18 May 2016

Postpartum Outfits: Stripes, Stretchy Skirts and Speedy Bandouliere Bag

Postpartum dressing is tricky, as your body reverses some of the changes that happened in pregnancy. You can't bounce back to your regular wardrobe right away, so stretchy and accommodating fabrics and waistbands are ideal for 'fourth trimester' post baby style!

What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | 2 weeks postpartum oxblood tee striped maxi skirt Louis Vuitton speedy bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere with stripes
Skirt: Target black and white striped maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit. Simple, comfortable, and perfect for our daily walk around the neighbourhood and having some friends over to meet and cuddle baby boy.

Every time I wear this tee I love it, I should wear it more. While it accommodated my bump in pregnancy, I much prefer the way it looks without a baby belly. The tee doesn't need ironing either so it is likely to be worn a lot more often now as I let some household tasks (okay, most of them...) slide as I adjust to life with two under 2.


Last worn: wine tee, striped maxi skirt, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearwine tee and skinny jeans, striped maxi skirt with a graphic tee and baby bump, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in the office.



Elastic waist maxi skirts under $50:








What I wore:

Away From Blue | Autumn Maxi Skirt Postpartum Outfit stripes purple cardi LV bag

Away From The Blue | Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene speedy bandouliere and a maxi skirt
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
SingletAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank (new purchase)
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats (new purchase)
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

A slightly cooler morning meant a chance to layer, although I took the cardigan off fairly soon in the day. Brisbane is taking a while to welcome autumn temperatures.

Wore this out to check out a possible house. We started house hunting last year before baby boy was born and never found the perfect place. We didn't expect to resume house hunting so soon after baby was born but we'd found and viewed a promising place and asked some family to come along on our second visit to check it out and get some non sleep deprived opinions. We ultimately decided that while it was close to perfect, it wasn't quite perfect enough. So the house hunt continues, although at a much slower pace than before. Trying to attend open houses with two under 2 isn't the most relaxing thing to do and we are being a lot pickier about what we go to see.

The highlight of the day was seeing my sister and realising she was wearing a very similar outfit. We were both wearing singlets, stripes and a maxi skirt!


Last worn: purple cardi, grey maxi skirt, Louis Vuitton Speedy bandouliere (above). First time I've worn the shoes and the tank on the blog as they are recent purchases.

Other ways to wearpurple cardi and skinny jeans, grey maxi skirt for travel in the second trimester, Louis Vuitton Speedy bandouliere and a wrap dress.








Linking up with Fresh Fashion, What I Wore, Oh Hey Girl, Style Me Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, Fabulous Friday, Fun Fashion, Weekend Linkup, Weekend Wear.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

53 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how stressful house hunting with two children has to be! Fingers crossed you find the perfect one soon. We are lucky to have found it already, but the construction work and organizing the move is pretty intense as well.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope the move and the construction go well! It would be so tricky organising that with a baby too.

      Delete
  2. Love how comfortable both your outfits look and you look great in maxi skirts! Good luck with your house hunting!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the opposite boat with weather. It just can't seem to get warm so I'm still in jeans and sweaters!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully our weather decides to match the seasons soon for us both!

      Delete
  4. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family on the house! That's such an exciting thing, especially once you found the one. Hope to see you at today's linkup!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope house hunting goes well!! I like your striped maxi skirt!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like you're doing such a great job transitioning your wardrobe into post-partum style. I think the "4th trimester" is almost more challenging to dress than any other--you want to wear your "regular" clothes again but the reality is they don't work yet, and depending on the situation you have to make sure things are nursing-friendly, etc. So complicated!! You're doing it so well though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea. It is a tricky time for sure, and having a newborn to take care of too doesn't leave a lot of time to experiment with outfits! Luckily I've been through it before so hopefully like me you'll find it slightly easier this time around :)

      Delete
  7. Strechy, comfy clothes are perfect for anytime as far as I am concerned :) Good luck with the house hunting! I find apartment hunting a pain, I can only imagine how difficult it is to find the perfect house!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Stretchy clothes are definite must haves for anyone's wardrobe I think :)

      Delete
  8. Looking good momma!! How is that adjustment going? I can imagine that has to be crazy but you seem like the kinda momma who can totally handle anything. :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! Slowly adjusting to life with two under 2. The boys get along so well though it's a big help!

      Delete
  9. Stripes are my favorite pattern! So loving these looks!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a maxi skirt! It looks put together, yet it's easy to wear. Perfect for post-partum style and beyond. I have a similar gray maxi skirt that I wore while pregnant and still wear now.

    Tara - http://theshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I bought both of these while pregnant a couple of years ago, they have worked so well over the years with all the belly / body changes.

      Delete
  11. I love your striped pieces, Mica, you've styled them so well! I always appreciate the tips and suggestions you give regarding pregnancy (and post) style, it gives me a heads up on what to expect, thank you! I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jalisa! Glad you found them helpful!

      Delete
  12. Love the stripes! You look comfy and chic! Good luck with the house hunting!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so cute!!! I love that bag as well...wow! You'll be able to use that forever!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree-postpartum dressing can be tricky! I found it difficult to accommodate not only the stomach area, but the chest as well! You are doing it all with ease though. I love the maxi skirts on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's the chest region I'm finding trickiest this time around - they got much bigger than last time so my go-tos from last time aren't working! :(

      Delete
  15. Love the skirt. Target is always a good choice! :)

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your looks are so flattering for post-baby!!! I bet the stretchy materials are super comfy!!


    Amber
    All the Cute 🎀
    Today's Post: Sequin Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you find your dream home Mica! I can't imagine having to do house hunting while hauling 2 young children along...
    But you're still doing it in style, which is amazing. Love your skirts and how you still look so put together!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The stretchy maxi skirts look great on you, and the Speedy adds a touch of luxury to the outfit.
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. When you find the perfect tee, or basic piece, it's best to run out and buy it in every color. Seriously. lol Oh and those household chores, pshhh they can totally wait! I know how hard it is to do anything when you just want to stare at your sleeping baby. (: Now that you have a toddler in the mix, I can see where your time goes. Hang in there Mica, and I know the perfect home will come around! Nothing wrong with being picky. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki! I'm trying to cut down on buying multiples of things, but having more than one of these tees has come in so handy it makes me glad I did it, hehe!
      Juggling two under 2 is tricky but we are getting there :)

      Delete
  20. That first one is one that I love! I would wear something like that myself :D :D

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stretchy materials are the perfect post-baby choice!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you're not too exhausted with everything going on! People forget that dressing after pregnancy can be as tricky as dressing during pregnancy. I love both your maxi skirts.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Both boys are pretty good sleepers so getting some rest is getting easier! :)

      Delete
  23. These outfits look beautiful on your post-baby figure. I can't imagine having two under 2. I know I wouldn't even think of ironing anything, even it was wrinkled. Beautiful photos!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been tricky finding time to iron, so it just hasn't happened haha!

      Delete
  24. Great post partum outfits! You still look radiant as ever! Love your purse! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving that skirt, lady- so many ways to wear!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Mica! I love that wine paired with stripes. I never thought to do that. Will have to try :D Love it! Buying a house is a big investment, so take your time doll. You will find the right one.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it when you give the combination a try too! :)

      Delete
  27. Wow you look amazing post pregnancy! You're glowing!


    Darriyan♡ | www.darriyancateland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love you in both looks and you seem to be bouncing back amazingly! You seem to look awesome no matter what ;) XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. very fun maxi skirts! you look lovely!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Maxi skirts and dresses are really great for the in-between stage. Looking great Mica!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your wine top is such a pretty color and looks great with the striped maxi skirt. I like how you reversed these looks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look great for a new mom! Thanks for joining the linkup.

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  33. Two under two?!? You look fab! I loved wearing patterned tops or maxis for my postpartum bod! Good luck with the house hunt!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it can be a handful but it's a lot of fun too!

      Delete
  34. Nothing like a lovely maxi skirt to keep comfy! Love the bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hooray for stretchy postpartum style! Sometimes you just need the movement that stretch clothing allows.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mica it's good to see you hopping back into the scene with a smile and looking so very fashionable while doing so. I know how hard it is to get back in shape and feel good after having a baby. But you look marvelous! And that skirt you're wearing is a awesome too.

    Have a great day!
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KaSonndra! Will take a while to get back into shape but there's no rush, have plenty of stretchy clothes to wear! ;)

      Delete
  37. Thank you all for your lovely comments and good luck wishes for the house hunting :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...