Wednesday 30 November 2016

Floral Kimonos, Navy Tanks and Denim Shorts

This is my one thousandth post! 😱 1,000 outfit posts, 1,584 outfits! It's just like every other post as it suck up on me with all the Christmas prep, but when I hit my 5 year blogaversary in January I'll have something special for my followers to mark the occasion 😉 Thank you for reading along! 💙


Spring is such a great time to wear kimonos. I have a few of them now. The majority of them are blue of course, since it's my favourite colour! The two below are both navy and floral print but even worn with navy tanks and denim shorts they look quite different. I mentioned when I first got the second one that I already had a similar one, it was good to do a side by side post and see how different they are.

What I wore:

Navy tank denim shorts floral cocoon kimono neon pink mini MAC bag spring OOTD | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
Tank: Kmart navy ribbed tank
Shorts: Jeanswest denim cuff shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

The first time I wore this tank it was a little layered up as it was a cooler day, but when I bought it I had outfits like this in mind. The tank, shorts and kimono combo was one I wore a lot last spring/summer, only with maternity pieces. This is basically the non-maternity version of this outfit! I like the combination of the neon pink bag with the print on the kimono, I've worn them together before. Wore this out to run a couple of errands and take Baby Boy for his weekly weigh.

This is the second time I've worn this tank and I'm reviewing everything I buy after I wear it twice in the month I buy it. I've written more about why I do this here, but it's basically to make me think more critically about my purchases and make sure I'm adding sensible choices to my wardrobe.

My purchase review:
I really like this tank! A great basic, for $3 you can't go wrong, and I didn't have a plain navy tank like this in my wardrobe. I am a little annoyed I've seen some other colours of this on sale in Kmart recently for even less...ha! But overall I'm pleased with this purchase, I know it will gt a lot more wear and I don't have any concerns with the quality even with the low price.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarernavy cocoon kimono, navy tank, denim shorts, Havaianas, neon pink mini MAC.

Other ways to wear: kimono and jeans in autumn, navy tank and cosy layers, denim shorts and ankle boots, neon pink mini MAC and flares.



More floral kimonos under $50:







What I wore:

floral bird print kimono breastfeeding tank printed denim shorts red saddle bag shopping outfit | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | AwayFromTheBlue
Jacket: thrifted Edited floral and bird print kimono
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TankMEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O Zibibo
Shorts: Jeanswest printed denim shorts
Shoes:  slim gold Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale and on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

Wore this out for a big day of Christmas shopping that I mentioned previously. While I was out to buy some specific gifts, I also had a few stores I wanted to check out myself and take advantage of having someone watch the boys while I was trying clothes on. This was a simple and easy outfit for a day of shopping, and it was easy to try things on too. Managed to get a new pair of shorts, one of the items off my wardrobe wishlist.

I've mentioned before that a kimono is great for using as a breastfeeding cover. I ended up having to use this kimono to throw over the stroller for baby boy at nap time as well as I'd forgotten to pack a blanket. Kimonos really ares such versatile pieces!


Last worn: floral kimono, navy breastfeeding tank, printed denim shorts, gold Havaianas, red saddle bag.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and stripes, navy breastfeeding tank and purple jeans, printed denim shorts and a blush blazer, red saddle bag and printed dress.


Linking up with What I Wore, Fresh Fashion, Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Fun Fashion,
Friday Faves. Passion for Fashion, Mix It Monday.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1000th post, that's amazing!! These kimonos are really pretty, you look great in both outfits! Have a wonderful day!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice kimono, I like the colour and the print. Lovely red bag with studs, looks really good on you.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing them too. Only have two so I definitely need more

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect for summer! And you can never have too many I think, haha!

      Delete
  4. Kimonos would have been perfect for breastfeeding back in the day for me! I love how effortlessly chic you look with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an awesome layer for breastfeeding to help feel a little more covered up! :)

      Delete
  5. I wish I could pull of kimonos as well as you! They just never seem to look good on me. Although I only have one, hah
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you just haven't found the perfect kimono? :)

      Delete
  6. Love the Kimono. I´m a big Fan of Kimonos and i love to wear mine:)

    Come and visit my Blog
    https://aliceimkleiderschrank.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I bought that first kimono at the very end of summer and never got a chance to wear it. It looks identical to mine! Happy 1000 post! That's so insane, but totally awesome! I bet you feel crazy accomplished! Not to mention, you've been running this through two pregnancies as well! Many more outfits to come! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have warm weather to wear and enjoy it soon! :D

      Delete
  8. Navy blue looks superb on you dear Mica - and congrats on the thousandth post !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that kimono! I'm missing our warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congrats on 1000 posts! That's epic! I love the kimono look, it never seems quite the right weather for that here but looks like I might be stocking up in the near future ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes you'll need to think of lots of warm weather outfit ideas! :)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on your 1,000th post! Yay! A kimono is such a fun way to add a little bit of flair to a look and cover up when it's warm and both of these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 1k posts! <3 So happy for you. I must say that you're really one of the most constant bloggers I've met (virtually hehe). You were very consistent with your posts, as well as when it comes to engaging with other people's blogs. And I thank you too for being one of my blogger friends. <3 Anyway, I adore your first outfit! Loving the floral kimono, and your cute elephant necklace! Hope to hear from you soon! :)

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Airish! I'm so glad you enjoy my blog :)

      Delete
  13. Mica, congratulations on your 1000th post! That is awesome! I've enjoyed each and every one. I had to look at mine. LOL I have 1005. You have an amazing kimono collection! Watching you style yours has given me inspiration to get one. They're so versatile and look great with outfits.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you do it Kim, you have so many quality posts! :) Glad I could give you some outfit inspiration! :)

      Delete
  14. I love the necklace! Gorgeous outfit too!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so lovely! Adore the kimono!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're right, Spring is really perfect for donning kimonos since they are versatile, and you do so very well. I like the kimono styled with the red studded bag. Brilliant price on the tank! I think I've neglected my kimonos, perhaps I will find a way to incorporate it in layering soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can wear your kimonos soon! I've got lots of outfit ideas if you click the kimono tag at the bottom of the post :)

      Delete
  17. I'll never get used to you talking about xmas shopping while wearing summer clothes! Haha.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your bag dear
    http://thestyleride.com/peacoat-from-dezzal/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations and I wish you much more success to come! You always wear the best kimonos & you bring out the beauty in them perfectly! Well wishes to you

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow 1000 posts! That's insane and such a magnificent accomplishment. What a way to celebrate than with a super cool kimono too. And Kmart! Hehehe. Sometimes you can really find some great staple pieces.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    COMME des GARCONS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1000 posts, that is a lot. Congrats on still being inspired and here for us.
    And kimonos... I did not end up getting one last summer, but I really, really want to for next!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get one - I think they are awesome! :)

      Delete
  22. That's a very cute look!
    Have a great day!
    https://tbymallano.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I'm so jealous that you can wear shorts and kimonos! It's so cold here haha. Love both these looks. Have a lovely day! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely love the tank + short + kimono combo for spring too! Just so comfortable and easy. Love yours!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love love love both of those bags! Especially the first one! And congrats on a 1000 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  26. your elephant necklace is so cute-I have never seen one like that before!
    -Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love kimonos they are so comfy and light for the warmer weather, plus I just love all the fun prints and colors you can get :) You look beautiful x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your RM bag!! :)
    Nati xx

    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kimonos are pretty and practical... I love the floral print... it is a perfect item to wear while breastfeeding. .. you look sweet... congratulation's on your 1000 post, Amazing ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome for having a cover up for breastfeeding built into your outfit! :)

      Delete
  30. how many times have I mentioned I am jealous of your weather? So cold here!
    Love the kimono!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12733549

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whoa, 1000 posts is a big milestone! Huge congrats :) It must be so cool to have such a vast collection of photos and memories.

    You look lovely here as usual--the elephant necklace is so cute, and I'm loving the subtle fringe on your bags!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun being able to look back at so many days and outfits! :)

      Delete
  32. Congratulations on your 1000 post milestone! That's a lot of lovely outfits! :) Would love to see a throwback post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do a throwback post! Sadly it requires a level of organisation I don't have quite yet, haha!

      Delete
  33. Congrats on your 1,000th post! Love that kimono jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow congrats on the 1000 post! That's an accomplishment! I love your saddle bag!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  35. Comgrats on the 1000th post! And what a cute outfit that is. Love the floral kimono with the navy!

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! Happy 1K ... that's amazing! And you always look so darn adorable! Love that kimono and cool elephant pendant!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yay! Congrats on your 1,000th post! Love your kimonos and that red saddle bag!!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful sharing, dear! Have a great week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my goodness! 1000th post? That's insane! That just made me go and check mine, I'm just shy of 1300 and I've been blogging over 6 years, but you have done way way more outfits than me! I love your necklace here though and the pink on your RM! That's stunning!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow 1300 is a great number of posts to have, awesome! :D

      Delete
  40. Thank you all for your lovely comments and your congratulations on my 1000 posts milestone!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...