Wednesday 2 November 2016

Statement Jeans, Prints, Yellow Teething Necklace

While I am trying to move away from a blue denim rut and embrace some other kinds of clothes in my wardrobe, there's no denying that I love jeans as an easy go-to outfit option. I do try step away from the blue by buying and wearing other kinds of jeans as I wear them a lot being a stay at home mum. As well as colourful jeans, I'm happy to have a few statement jeans in my wardrobe.

What I wore:

pink and blue breastfeeding spring SAHM outfit leopard print skinny jeans | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
TopDorothy Perkins 3/4 sleeve wrap top
Jeans: Portmans pink leopard print skinny jeans
ShoesAsos 'five star' leather sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'gratitude' and while I'm grateful for a lot of things, I decided to celebrate the fact that the slightly cooler spring days gave me another change to wear this long sleeved top. While the wrap design happily means it's perfect for breastfeeding, the longer sleeves mean I probably won't get to wear this much more this year as spring draws to a close.

I like blue and pink together almost as much as I like blue and purple so the pink leopard print jeans were a good choice. I've worn them with a blue top before too and I liked the combination just as much then as I do now.

Added the bright teething necklace at the end to help keep baby boy occupied. Spent some time with my mother in law in the afternoon.


Last worn: blue wrap top, pink leopard print jeans, pastel sandals, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag.

Other ways to wearblue wrap top and chambray skirt, leopard print jeans and blazer, pastel sandals and a maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag and maternity pencil skirts.


Sale Alert!






What I wore:

striped tank Sass and BIde metallic gold skinny jeans Balenciaga Day Bag | Away From Blue

Cora purpleheart JORD wood watch Balenciaga day bag | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
JeansSass and Bide 'Three Words' metallic gold jeans
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'because I can' which gave me the perfect excuse to wear these statement metallic skinny jeans on a quiet weekend. While these jeans don't look as bright in the photos as the leopard print ones above, I feel these jeans are really statement making when I wear them. I often have to think a few times before coming up with what to wear with them. I still have a lot of fun wearing them though so they are definitely staying in my wardrobe. Plus I think the likelyhood of finding another pair of metallic jeans to replace them if I change my mind later is pretty low!

Stripes are a great go-to when you're not sure what to wear too, they go with everything! I picked the brown Balenciaga day bag as it's a great neutral and I felt like I hadn't worn it in a while.


Last worn: striped tank, metallic skinny jeans, Havaianas, Balenciaga Autumne day bag.

Other ways to wearstriped tank and maxi skirt, metallic skinny jeans and printed shirt, Balenciaga Autumne day bag and flares.

Linking up with Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

44 comments:

  1. Olive and stripes for the win! I gotta find pants like that. I love that outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look a little olive in the pic, but they're gold :)

      Delete
  2. You've been tackling these style challenges like crazy! I wear blue and pink together quite often too. (; Not sure if I could ever pull of a statement metallic pant, but you seem to have it mastered! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem a bit out there but they are so fun to wear! :)

      Delete
  3. Woohoo for fun jeans! Loving both of these!!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first blue top reminds me of one I gave way some time ago - it works really well with the printed jeans.
    Oh and it had been a while since the metallics jeans made it on the blog !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous jean collection you must have! I like how your first look turns the more expected combination of blue jeans and a pink printed top on its head. Obviously I need a pair of pink leopard jeans now!

    And you may be right about trading in your metallic jeans. I'd wait until I found a suitable replacement first. I got rid of my green anorak last year thinking it'd be easy to find a replacement. Not so! I would think those jeans would be fab with a black tunic top and black suede pumps or ankle booties for the holidays. Just top it off with a long gold pendant necklace, and you'll be good to go!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a few too many jeans, haha! I think you're right about waiting to find a replacement, I'd never find these again if I regretted letting them go!

      Delete
  6. I love that necklace! I really need to get some of those for when Violet gets bigger and starts teething. And I LOVE those metallic jeans, they are so fun. Love how you kept the rest of the look classic with stripes and simple sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, the jeans in your first outfit are GORGEOUS!! I love the leopard print but I also like that they're not super 'loud,' if you know what I mean? The color is really cute!
    Love both outfits, as per usual. I really need to get myself out of the same old blue jeans rut as well!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean! They are such a wearable print :)

      Delete
  8. I always love yellow against blue so I like that pretty teething necklace with both tops. The metallic jeans are nice and I always love a good wrap top. I bet the boys keep you busy on the daily, Mica. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the nautical theme to the second outfit. It looks simple but glamarous at the same time :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's true, jeans are just the number one go-to, so it's nice to have some colorful and printed options to choose from and break up the blue.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That necklace is really cute! I love it when teething necklaces also are adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a few big yellow necklaces! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you use the teething necklace to really help with teething or just as a grab and play?

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both! They are great for baby to gnaw on when he's got sore gums and he loves playing and gnawing on them even when he's not teething! Plus it's nice to wear a safe necklace and accessorise a little ;)

      Delete
  14. Love the pink leopard jeans, but OMG, my jaw dropped at those gold metallics! I want, I want! I actually saw some like those recently and they were far too small for me (I did try them on, just in case!). You've renewed my desire for them. I might have to go thrifting this weekend! It'll be your fault, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I hope you do manage to find a similar pair! You would look great in them! :)

      Delete
  15. Mica, you look absolutely adorable in that first outfit. Casual yet oh so stylish! I'm going to have to look for some pink leopard jeans now! They look gorgeous with the soft draping top and wow, that necklace. FABULOUS!

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're definitely mastering the style challenges dear! Every outfit of yours is a hit! ;) Staying away from our "recurring patterns" (quoting one of y previous posts haha) is hard because there are certain colors or shapes that we like and we know they flatters us. But fashion is fun and it's okay to explore outside of our comfort zones, right? By the way, I'm droolijg over those skinny metallic jeans, I bet they look even more awesome in person!! *.*
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right - it's good to try different things now and then, even while we still love and use the classic combinations! :)

      Delete
  17. As I was reading your first paragraph, the lightbulb lit as to what "Away from the Blue" means! Aha! How did I miss that in your little blog description all this time?! haha Well, it makes so much sense now! I love that wrap top on you, it looks cute and comfy! And how fun is that second pair of jeans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha glad I could give you the lightbulb moment! :)

      Delete
  18. i love both outfits, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog post, i appreciate it, i followed you and would love if you could follow me too
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The print on your pants is super cute!! I wear a lot of boring blue jeans but you inspired me to find a printed one! The teething necklace is pretty chic with your outfit!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  20. You should wear colourful jeans more often, you know how to style them and they look great on you :) "because I can" challenge sounds good, it is definitely different that outfit rocks! I hope you're having a great week :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never heard of a teething necklace before! I do like things that are functional, and have a cool design! I love how you styled everything!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such an essential for me with babies! :)

      Delete
  22. I really love the colourful denim, and it's great that you have done these style challenges, and it's spot on! Happy weekend.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great outfit!! super stylish!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. what great color jeans they look fab only you

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute look Mica! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love both outfits - blue and pink are always great together! But I also really like the striped top. That teething necklace is so cool - I wouldn't have guessed it has another purpose aside from looking fab! Have a lovely weekend!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people are surprised when I tell them it's a teething necklace! :)

      Delete
  27. I need more colorful jeans in my closet! Those printed jeans are adorable! Such a pretty look styled with the blue and pop of yellow!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mica, I have always loved your metallic jeans. I think they're so cool and what a great color. Also love your leopard ones. You paired both with great tops.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...