Monday 24 April 2017

Maxi Dresses and Matching Bags

I've been wearing my maxi dresses often as they are the simplest outfit - grab and go! Accessorising is easy too. When in doubt you can always go monochrome with a bag that's a similar colour to your dress.

What I wore:

monochrome blue outfit different shades Jeanswest 'Chantelle' printed maxi dress | AwayFromBlue

navy printed maxi dress, Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete storm | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
DressJeanswest 'Chantelle' crochet detail blue printed maxi dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
Bag:  Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

I've worn almost the exact same outfit recently, I just wore Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals this time instead of my two-tone Wittner sandals. The Balenciaga day bag is a frequently repeated accessory with this dress too. While the navy blue of the dress isn't an identical match to the grey-blue of the Balenciaga bag, it's a combination I like to wear. Blue dress, blue bag and in this case a blue necklace just makes me happy because of all of the blue.

This blue maxi dress is the one I wore to Toddler T's first birthday party, so I had considered wearing it to Baby Boy's first birthday party too. Decided to wear another dress instead, and wore this to Baby Boy's birthday celebration at playgroup.


Last worn: blue printed maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearblue printed maxi dress and a baby bump, Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals and denim shorts, blue Balenciaga day bag with pink and purple.


More Blue Printed Maxi Dresses Under $50:







What I wore:

Jeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress boh SAHM outfit love quilted bag monochrome | Away From Blue

boho tie dye maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
DressJeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Another playgroup outfit! I'd picked this maxi dress to wear as I'd been participating in the #AutumnStyleFile instagram style challenge and the theme for the day was a jumpsuit. Being petite, I don't have any jumpsuits or playsuits so this maxi dress as an all-in-one outfit seemed like a good alternative. Nice and easy for a morning running around with the boys too.

I added the yellow teething necklace as I felt the grey Love bag and tie dye dress together needed a little extra colour.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, tie dye maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff Georgina studded sandals (above), Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love cross body bag.

Other ways to weartie dye maxi dress and baby bumpRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded sandals and printed shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag and summer layers.






More Tie Dye Maxi Dresses Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:


A printed maxi dress means there's a lot of print in your outfit, but it doesn't mean it's hard to accessorise. You can wear a bag in a similar colour for a monochrome outfit without a lot of effort. You can keep the rest of your accessories coordinating or add a pop of colour through a statement necklace.


Linking up with Turning Heads, On Trend, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

57 comments:

  1. Loving the tip on choosing a bag that is a similar shade to what you are wearing. I'm loving the colour of that Balenciaga bag! Hope you had an amazing weekend!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second dress! Its so cute x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pairings al always! Hope your week is off to a good start!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love maxi dresses too and I wear them a lot in summer, they are so easy to accessorize with sandals and a nice necklace and I love floral maxi dresses, I think I have more than 10 in my closet!! Happy Monday lovely! xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Happy new week! I absolutely adore both looks! Your accessories make the dresses pop beautifully! Thanks for the great tips and have a beautiful week!
    Tiff
    Http:// www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning dresses, dear! Gonna check them out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to break out all my maxi dresses once it's a bit warmer. They are the easiest outfit-makers!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so good in maxis, I wish I felt as confident in them as you. I just always feel overdressed even if its a more casual piece, dunno what it is!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like them so much I'll wear them everywhere, haha!

      Delete
  9. Loving the monochrome look of your matching bag and dress! I also love the ease of a dress. Not having to think about pairing anything together is so nice.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like both dresses and loving the second bag!!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love all these dresses! Maxi dresses are basically my daily uniform ;) They can be dressed up or down and are always easy to wear! What great finds!! Have a wonderful week <3

    xo,
    Amanda
    misslulupearlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love using a bag in a similar shade to what I'm wearing! The Rebecca Minkoff one works really well with the dress. Have a lovely week! xx

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Mica, I'm always impressed how perfect you look in a maxi dress! You are right: it is really an easy way to dress - unfortunately I never look as good in a maxi dress like you! Have a happy new week.
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd look beautiful in a maxi dress! Maybe you just need to find the right one :)

      Delete
  14. Love a maxi dress on you - so cute!
    xx,
    Lauren
    FashionablyLo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing in these maxi dresses, I especially liked the blue one on you.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute, I'm loving te blues and your elephant necklace is so cute!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com
    Don’t forget to join the Fashion Frenzy Linkup every Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Monochromatic always looks good! I can't believe its been a year already. Happy Birthday to him :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the second outfit a lot. Despite being such a casual combo the color and the bag make it very elegant.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so great in maxi dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've said this a million times and I probably sound like a broken record but I can't help but admire your maxi dress collection! Both looks are lovely, as usual. I'm going to have to invest in a few maxi dresses for the summer myself!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really need to update my wardrobe with a couple of new maxi dress. I often forget how versatile they are and one can easily dress up and down with a maxi dress.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the blues and greys you are wearing here. YOu look so cool and chic In maxi dresses!
    Xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both maxi dresses and those bags are perfect with them.
    xo, christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been looking longingly at my maxi dresses and can't wait to wear them, but it needs to be just a tad warmer. I love the bright colors you've paired with these. I think I need some bright necklaces to spruce things up a bit this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hard to complain about lots of gorgeous blue!
    Though I do think grey and yellow is one of my favorite combinations.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the patterns on your maxi dresses! You have lovely taste!

    Kim | Simply Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  27. That grey bag is amazing! So pretty! And your doggy is so sweet in the photos!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely love these maxi dresses on you!

    xo,

    H

    http://firsttimethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think maxi + gladiator is a match made in comfy heaven. I love maxis for the comfort they serve as well ease of styling. Gosh these two looks are perfect but I'm drawn tot he tie dye, great alternative to a jumpsuit. I can see why all the blue would make you happy ;).

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how you did this post, why you wore it, Last worn, so cool. I love a good maxi, can't get any better then that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the format of the posts! :)

      Delete
  31. I love maxi dresses, the second one is cute!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Me too! I love maxi's so much I'm actually thinking of featuring my latest one in my next shoot - unfortunately the weather has been terrible to get outside and actually shoot it!

    Love the way you've styled both outfits and I love the elephant necklace :3

    The Hidden Thimble

    ReplyDelete
  33. your second look is my favorite! beautiful color
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I loooove a good maxi dress in the spring + summer! You look great in both looks, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. I never used to really be a fan of maxi dresses, simply because I couldn't really find ones I loved and that fit my body in a flattering way. Now that I'm pregnant, it's a whole other story, haha. I've been searching high and low and have built quite the collection and I'm still keeping my eyes peeled. I love both your dresses, especially the second one, it's so pretty with the tie dye print. Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a lovely start to your week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, both of these worked so well in pregnancy for me too! :)

      Delete
  36. I should really get a few more maxis--they really are so fun!!
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such beautiful dresses and matching bags! Wonderful looks for spring and love the yellow necklace on the grey outfit, such a cool color comb!
    xo
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This post shows off two things I think you have such an awesome collection of--teething necklaces and maxi dresses. I love all the ones you're featuring here, especially that yellow necklace! Gah... baby boy's first birthday party? How is that even possible???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It goes by so quickly, your little one is growing up so fast too! :)

      Delete
  39. Maxi dresses are one of my favorite go to summer outfits! Classy and simple.

    Luci’s Morsels | fashion. food. frivolity.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Blue looks great on you! http://marciabcreative.blogspot.ca/2017/04/hanami-in-new-york.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the maxi dress. That second look is perfect for chasing after kiddos!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love maxi dresses too! Both of yours are fantastic! That elephant necklace is so cute too. :)

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Purchased my first teething necklace off of Amazon the other day. Totally because of you and obviously way too early, but it was on sale and I added it to the "box" of stuff that's been piling in baby number 2's room. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I'm sure you'll find them just as practical as mine have been! :)

      Delete
  44. I love the necklaces you wear.. so fun! Mica I am a handbag fan so you have a great collection, love the steel blue color. The maxis look perfect on you and so comfy! Love your little furbear's haircut!
    thanks for linking
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are teething necklaces :) So fun to wear, and they keep the kids amused!

      Delete
  45. How stunning is that blue maxi dress, wow! :) You look gorgeous!! I might have mentioned this before, but I have been getting into wearing maxi dresses lately for this summer. This has definitely given me some ideas/inspiration, so thank you! Hope you're well, darling. <3 xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you all for your comments and compliments - they are very pretty dresses and I'm glad my accessorising tip was so useful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...