Friday 12 May 2017

Making Maxi Skirts Work in Autumn & Rebecca Minkoff Online Sample Sale

First, the Rebecca Minkoff online sample sale is on now! Your chance to score bags, clothes and accessories at 70% off! A nice Mother's Day gift for yourself ;) Hope you have a happy Mother's Day this weekend.


I wear my maxi skirts year-round, no matter the season. It's Autumn in Brisbane so I'm starting to change my outfits just a little as it starts to get cooler. Layering up pieces that no longer warm enough to wear on their own and wearing one of my thicker maxi skirts.

What I wore:

metallic shimmer foil tank aztec print maxi skirt silicone necklace grey bag autumn outfit | Away From Blue

Aztec print maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff soft grey MAM bag on arm | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TankFrench Connection feather foil singlet
Skirt: Izabel London Aztec print maxi skirt (C/O)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

Last time I wore this printed maxi skirt it was a little too warm! So it was nice to wear it on this autumn day, it wasn't as hot and so it was a much better choice. We had a quiet day, went for a family picnic. It wasn't an overly sunny day which was perfect for sitting by the water.

I've worn this maxi skirt with a metallic tank before, I like the combination. It's a simple difference from a plain, block colour tank, but the metallic shimmer is a nice extra bit of interest for an outfit. It works great with the printed skirt without being overpowering too!

Did think that all the black was a bit dull for a family picnic, so added the bright teething necklace for a little bit of colour.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, metallic tank, printed maxi skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag.

Other ways to wearmetallic tank and lace skirt, printed maxi skirt layered for winter, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancy: printed maxi skirt in the second trimester.



More Printed Black Maxi Skirts Under $50:







What I wore:

maxi skirt in autumn with printed tee dress worn as top layered under | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
Dress (worn as top)Atmos & Here Willow printed tee dress
SkirtJeanswest Luxe maxi jersey skirt
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

I adore this tee dress. Yes, it's a dress under a maxi skirt! I find it too short now to wear when running around with two toddlers under 3, and I've always liked layering it under skirts in the past. When I bought this dress I'd been trying to decide between it and a tee in the same print and I figured if I got the dress I could wear it like a tee too!

Was a busy day with swimming lessons and grocery shopping. In hindsight the long maxi skirt was probably not the best choice - it got wet quickly at the pool! I did like this outfit, just maybe shouldn't have worn it to swim lessons.

Although this is another black maxi skirt, unlike the outfit above it's much more colourful with the colourful dress layered underneath and the yellow handbag.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), willow printed dress worn as top, luxe maxi skirt, gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearprinted tee dress with Converse, drawstring waist maxi skirt worn two ways, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and denim shorts.

Perfect for Pregnancy: tee dress in second trimester.




More Black Maxi Skirts Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:


Maxi skirts are easy to wear year round. Try warmer fabrics or layering a little more to easily take a summer staple piece into autumn too. The autumn outfits above work just as well for spring!


If you like the Rebecca Minkoff bags I'm wearing in the post above, check out the Rebecca Minkoff online sample sale for up to 70% off!!!



Linking up with Friday Faves, Blogger Linkup, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, Modest Monday, Hello Monday, On Mondays We Link Up.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

39 comments:

  1. I love your Aztec print maxi skirt, what a great piece! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Happy new day! I absolutely love how you style your maxi skirts! Wow the dress really looks like a tee! Great idea for those short dresses. Thanks for the inspiration and have a beautiful weekend!!!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the skirt hides the extra fabric brilliantly! :)

      Delete
  3. Ahh thanks for keeping me in the loop! I absolutely love rebecca minkoff but my bag is totally falling apart after two years of constant use.

    Lovely skirts as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Very cute styling! I LOVE maxi skirts - so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recently grew love for skirts.. thank you for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yes! I love a good maxi skirt. Wearing one just feels like a sunny beach vacation :) Love the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woww, you look beautiful in maxi dress. love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fave is the first look and oooohhh Cooper makes an appearance !
    When I saw the second look, I knew i'd seen the top before and then as I kept on reading I realised it was the dress! Haha, you almost fooled me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! It's such a nice print, I wore it heavily before my baby bump outgrew it, so i can see why you recognised it :)

      Delete
  9. Maxi skirts are a great staple year round. Definitely a piece you could get your moneys worth from!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you wore the dress as a top! Too cute!

    xx Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Maxi's but I'm short so very hard for me to wear them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm petite (5"2) and find them easy to wear - although you sometimes have to get them taken up first, haha!

      Delete
  12. Your bags are the bestest! I just bought myself a new one and I can't wait to use it! I'm more of a "one bag for years" kind of person though. I can't justify the expense of more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, bags are my splurge, I'm always happy to add another bag to my collection! :)

      Delete
  13. You have such a lovely collection of necklaces! I am obsessed! I love the second outfit! so colourful!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you sure do know how to wear a maxi skirt. Loving all of these looks on you!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that Aztec print skirt! I'm not a huge pattern person, but I'm definitely a sucker for patterns in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the way your metallic tank drapes and looks with your skirt! I never would have guessed your top in the second outfit is actually a skirt either! The colors are so pretty and I love how versatile it is now that I know it's a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both maxi skirts are so pretty and I love these bags!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I would live in a climate where I could wear maxi skirts all year round, but in Germany it is possible maybe six months out of twelve, and that only if you did really layer up.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated mothers day! I hope you had a great day with family. I like the idea of layering too-short dresses under skirts, that's clever. I have a few of those so I may be trying the trick soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Family picnic sounds so awesome! It is supposed to be spring here, but unfortunately the weather has kind of been all over the place lately! I love that printed maxi skirt and both of these looks are so perfect for the weather!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was actually walking in NYC and saw the sample sale so I decided to go in. Everyone was going in sane just because everything was at a fantastic price!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that's How You wear people! Gorgeous as always

    -Zunera

    https://zunera-serena.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are the Queen of all things maxi! I love how Cooper is getting in on the action!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How creative that you layered the dress under the maxi skirt! I love the printed skirt in your first look too. Yay for picnic weather! I love being able to do that (and I also love that kid clean-up is a breeze). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! just shake the kids off over the mat and cleanup is done, haha!

      Delete
  25. Loving the maxi skirts Mica! I've been thinking about adding a maxi skirt to my wardrobe too - a bit more mum friendly than shorter ones! The print on that dress looks fab - great idea to wear it as a shirt under the skirt x

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I love that yellow handbag! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love maxi skirts. That first one is fab! I love the print.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute maxi skirt!!! I don't own any maxi skirts but I've got a few dresses. You are a maxi queen, Mica!! xo

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  29. First off, let me apologize for being a terrible blogger friend. lol I am SOOOO behind on all my reading it's actually shameful. Anywho.... I remember that dress from your second pregnancy! (You might have had it longer, but paired with a hidden baby bump is where I recall it from (; ) I think layering it under a maxi as top is freaking genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kiki don't worry about it - I'm so behind at replying to comments I'm only writing back to you know, haha!

      Delete
  30. Thanks all for your comments - glad I could give you some new outfits ideas with the dress worn as a top! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...