Monday 8 May 2017

Two Ways to Wear Yellow: with Kimonos, Denim Shorts and Fitted Tanks

I really like blue and yellow together. While yellow is more of a spring colour, I find it works well year round, especially if it's in an accessory.

Although it's autumn in Brisbane, there have been some warm days that have allowed me to continue to wear my favourite warm weather outfit combo of a tank, denim shorts and kimono. With clothing pieces and a colour scheme I love, I really liked wearing both of these outfits.

What I wore:

dressing up jeans and tank basic outfit with yellow accessories and kimono | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
Tank: Kmart navy ribbed tank
ShortsJeanswest denim cuff shorts
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

This was a quiet Saturday as I had a friend come over in the morning. It's hard for us to meet up as often as I'd like as kids don't make scheduling anything easy, but it was wonderful she was able to come over and we could catch up a little.

Picked a simple outfit, denim shorts and a tank. The colourful yellow accessories and printed kimono make it feel a little more dressed up and presentable for having someone visit. Wanted something easy to wear as it had been a stressful few days with Tropical Cyclone Debbie and ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie getting a little too close to friends and family on both ends of the state. We were thankfully fine, and with the constant TV coverage my family up north and own south were on the news! While it was over a month ago now (I'm really behind with blogging!) you can help charities make a difference any day of the year as recovery continues.


Last worn: Somedays Lovin' kimono, navy ribbed tank, denim shorts, gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearSomedays Lovin' kimono and purple jeans, navy ribbed tank and spring layers, denim shorts and printed tank, yellow Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag with grey tee.



More Yellow Accessories Under $50:






What I wore:

navy print kimono how to wear yellow tank bermuda denim shorts | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey | AwayFromTheBlue
NecklaceUniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace (won in a giveaway)
Tank: thrifted Cotton On yellow tank
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts (on sale!)
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

This outfit was inspired by an instagrammer I was following the #SYWardrobeChallenge with. She'd worn a similar outfit with a mustard yellow top and blue leopard print kimono. I knew I had the pieces to create a similar outfit, and loved wearing this! I've worn this yellow tank with blue printed shorts before, so this was a similar outfit.

We went out shopping to get Toddler T some winter clothes as it is starting to get cooler. As the boys were in the shopping trolley I felt brave enough to wear my beaded necklace, although again I took it off as soon as we got home as it's not baby friendly like my silicone teething necklaces.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, blue printed kimono, yellow tank, Bermuda denim shorts, studded gladiator sandalsRebecca Minkoff MAM bag.

Other ways to wearblue kimono and chambray dress, yellow tank and paisley print, Bermuda denim shorts and wrap top, studded gladiator sandals worn 30 waysRebecca Minkoff MAM bag in spring.





More Yellow Tops Under $50:









How You Can Wear It:



Yellow is a fun surprisingly wearable colour! Two easy ways to wear it are to wear a little or a lot of it! If you're unsure about it or find it too bold, try what I did in the first outfit and just add some yellow accessories to one of your favourite outfit formulas.


Linking up with On Trend, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Confident Tuesday, Midweek Inspo, What I Wore, Style On the Daily.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

53 comments:

  1. Wow, you look so pretty in this girly outfit. Perfect for summer <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new week! I always adore how you style your kimonos! I love how versatile kimonos are! Beautiful looks! Have a wonderful week ahead!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These kimonos are so cute!! I love them!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: CALI DAYS...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the prettiest collection of kimonos! I definitely need to wear more yellow and blue. The color combination is so pretty!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, must be a lot warmer it Brisbane than it is in Adelaide! Wish it was warm enough to wear outfits like this. :)

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like blue and yellow together as well! It's not a combo I wear much personally as I don't have much yellow. I am thinking I need to get a mustard colored item as I like that shade. You look great in both combos!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these outfits are gorgeous! Yellow and blue can be such a nice combination. The prints of both the kimonos are so gorgeous too! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I adore those kimonos! Great color combo as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love yellow and Blue and wow, you put it together so nicely! Really pretty gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow is a color I never ever wear. I like it, but I never find a way to make it look flattering on my clothes. I have been incorporating it into my makeup though, so maybe it will grow on me.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe yellow accessories are the way to go!

      Delete
  11. Love how you paired your outfits. Love the yellow.

    xx Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  12. This yellow top looks so pretty on you. Love yello and blue combo.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. The yellow is certainly standing out beautifully in both looks Mica.
    And don't worry I am SO behind too !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue and yellow is my favorite color combination - especially for this Spring! You always have the best easy-breezy casual outfits! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Navy/Blue & Yellow are always a lovely mix. I love those two colors together. They're so refreshing. You look so cute Mica!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love kimonos! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the mustard yellow bag!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never ever though yellow and blue would go together but you definitely changed my mind. I recently bought my first yellow top and I can't wait to style it!

    ps: Absolutely love your hair curled, you are gorgeous, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I think yellow and orange are the two colors I don't wear for some reason. Maybe I don't look very well on them lol but I can tell you you look amazing in these outfits. I particularly loved the color combination of the second one.
    Have a lovely week dear!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. FABULOUS in yellow and blue! That rich yellow t-shirt is an amazing colour on you, Mica! Doesn't wearing yellow just make you feel good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Such a cheerful colour to wear! :)

      Delete
  21. Navy and yellow are a favorite paring of mine, second only to navy and grey.
    Glad you are still having some nice warm weather! we are still having a pretty chilly spring.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yellow and blue is such a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not many people can pull off yellow, but you've found not one, but TWO ways to make it work! I honestly can't choose which one I like the most. I'm leaning more towards the 2nd look with the bermuda length denim shorts :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad to hear your friends and family are ok! Yikes.

    I own absolutely zero yellow things and I've convinced myself I have the wrong colouring for it. However you look lovely in these so maybe I'll have a go with a yellow accessory (I'm admiring that bag of yours still, maybe that's the way to go!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yellow accessories are a good way to give it a try! :)

      Delete
  25. Yellow is definitely taking over this season! I haven't played with it yet but I'm definitely going to try to style it!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely love that first kimono. Wonderful pattern :) I don't dislike yellow, but I'm also not really gravitating to it, clothing wise. Some accessories and shoes yes.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yellow is such a bright, happy colour! It's one of my favourites, it really completes an outfit, and these are some great suggestions.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  28. The floral print kimono is so pretty!

    Kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  29. How wonderful it is still warm enough for your warm weather combos! And I like it we both like it to wear blue and yellow together. Not only therefore I really like both of your looks.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. PS: You look good with the curls in the first pictures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a great look dear, thanks for sharing!

    Faye .x

    Blog: http://www.fayeisabella.co.uk/2017/05/rural-recluse.html
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fayeisabella/

    ReplyDelete
  32. This color makes me so happy! It's so vibrant and pretty on you too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. YES- navy and yellow. I keep seeing that combo here and there and am loving it more and more. Beautiful outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look gorgeous in yellow!! Both of these looks are fabulous!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have been loving yellow lately I just purchased a yellow purse I can not wait to wear thanks for the ideas!

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  36. Throwing a kimono on over jeans shorts + a tank is such a great summer styling tip!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  37. This look is so cute, I love the yellow and blue combo!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. so excited for kimono season! super cute post!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. How cute are the subtle bright colors on that kimono! I love that you styled it with denim shorts. I also love that bright yellow tank you have on. Super cute!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I don't have much yellow, but I love it because it is such a sunny and happy color. So seeing how others wear it is always such great inspiration. I love how you have paired it with navy. They really compliment each other well! I really like the turquoise in your necklace in the second outfit with yellow as well!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yellow really suits you Mica! Unfortunately it doesn't agree with me but it's such a lovely summery colour on you. I love the top especially xx

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love yellow so much! Reminds me of nice weather, holidays and happiness! You certainly carried it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Glad you guys are ok despite the weather conditions!
    Yellow is a color that doesn't typically exist in my wardrobe unfortunately. I find that when I wear it, it enhances the redness in my skin. I think with your skin and blonde hair, it's totally an all year color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ooh I love the yellow, especially that second look--the bright tank peeking out under the kimono is so fun! Violet is at the grabby stage right now so I can only wear my non-teething necklaces to work (and I have to remember to take them off when I pick her up!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes, I'm enjoying being able to wear my proper necklaces now I'm back at work! :)

      Delete
  45. Pretty kimonos I dont own any, but like them on other people! The mix of yellow and blue looks great on you, im ready to break out my jean shorts too :-)
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both looks are chic yet look so comfy. Yellow is one of my favorite colors, so I am taking away some style inspiration with me.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi,
    I wanted you to know I linked to you in the post I published today. If you could share it on your social media, I'd be grateful. Here's the link: http://www.mostlyblogging.com/revive-old-posts/
    Thank you very much!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you all for your lovely comments - glad I could give you some new ideas for ways to wear yellow (if it's a colour you want to wear more of).

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...