Monday 10 July 2017

Monochrome Winter Outfits With Colourful Touches and Silver Mini MAC Bag

It's the middle of winter here in Brisbane and I tend to go for darker neutrals more when it gets cold as it makes layering easy! A completely monochrome black or grey outfit, while easy to put together, doesn't seem very cheerful, so I usually add in a little touch of colour with my accessories.

I'm wearing my neutral metallic silver mini MAC bag in both of these outfits, so added some colour in other ways.

What I wore:

pink and purple bead necklace with monochrome black grey jeans and tee outfit | Away From Blue

striped duster, jeans, Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | Away From The Blue
Jacket: Kmart striped maxi cardigan
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
Jeans: Nobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (C/O, on sale!)
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale, 20% off!)
Nail PolishOPI Fire Escape Rendezvous


Why I wore it:

An easy playgroup outfit! The style challenge for #witnerStyleFile on Instagram was 'monochrome Monday' which I thought would be easy enough to do, but the outfit looked a little dull before I added in the teething necklace for just a little pop of colour!

With the red nail polish and the pink and purple necklace, I felt I met the monochrome challenge while still being happy and having just a touch of colour.

This striped duster swishes around beautifully as I walk so I messed around a little in front of the tripod in the morning to catch a photo of it in all it's twirly beauty. Worked out quite well I thought!


A post shared by Mica (@awayfromblue) on



Last worn: striped duster, grey v-neck tee, black Nobody Denim jeans, ankle boots, metallic silver mini MAC.

Other ways to wearstriped duster and flares, grey v-neck tee and leopard print jeans, black Nobody Denim jeans with denim jacket, ankle boots and printed dress, metallic silver mini MAC and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancy: striped duster and maternity denim, grey tee to announce a pregnancy, ankle boots in second trimester, mini MAC worn as a clutch in third trimester.



More Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bags:









What I wore:

wearing a red tartan scarf in winter with black and grey neutral jeans and Converse outfit | AwayFromBlue

grey winter wool cardigan outfit with Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC bag | AwayFromTheBlue
Scarf: red tartan scarf
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversize tee in black (also in grey)
JeansSass and Bide pale grey skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale, 20% off!)
NailsOPI Russian Navy

Why I wore it:

Another easy outfit. We had playgroup again in the morning and then a doctor's appointment and a trip to the chemist in the afternoon. You get exposed to so many bugs in winter when you have kids!

This is incredibly similar to the outfit above, but with a black tee and grey jeans and jacket, reversing the black jeans and jacket and grey tee before. The style challenge for the day was 'scarf out loud', and the monochromatic outfit was the perfect backdrop for this bright and colourful tartan scarf. A tartan scarf might seem a little loud, but I love the colours in this one and find it really wearable - especially when the rest of my outfit is full of neutrals like this.


Last worn: Jeanswest wool cardigan, red tartan scarf, black v-neck tee, grey Sass & Bide jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC (above).

Other ways to wearJeanswest wool cardigan and maxi skirt, red tartan scarf and stripes, black tee and printed shorts in summer, grey Sass & Bide jeans with pink and purple, Converse and chambray skirt, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: print mixing with red scarf to disguise first trimester bump, black tee and maternity pencil skirt, Converse in the second trimestermini MAC and maternity denim shorts.






More Tartan Scarves Under $50:












How You Can Wear It:



Monochrome jeans and tee outfits are easy to pull together, perfect for a busy morning. You can add texture with a wool cardigan or more interest with a print like stripes. If you still feel the outfit is a little flat, you can add a colourful accessory. A bright necklace is good for any season, and a statement scarf works well in winter. A neutral outfit makes a colourful accessory really pop.


Linking up with The Style File, Fashion Frenzy, What I Wore, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Spotlight Weekly.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

33 comments:

  1. Such an amazing outfits!! So cute!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: LACE DRESS & LA VIBES...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the length of that cardigan, makes the look very chic.
    Have an amazing new week beauty.
    Love from https://tbymallano.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one the most, it looks so cozy x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol the middle of winter! I googled, it says it's about 16 degrees there (mind you, at 9pm) which to me is a very pleasant spring day, ha ha! Love the stripy maxi cardi :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes Brisbane's very different from the UK!

      Delete
  5. I love those pale grey jeans, they are perfect for winter! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so strange to me when we are in such opposite seasons! Kind of makes me ready for fall. I love your layers and cute silver bag!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like monochrome outfits, too, especially darker ones in winter. I love your long cardigans! Great bag, as always!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love sweater dusters on you Mica! You wear them well! You do a great job layering clothes.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The long grey cardigan is such an interesting garment, I love the idea of long layered cardi over jeans or fitted dresses. Great looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pops of colour in these otherwise neutral outfits - very nicely done. That duster is awesome - a garment with swoosh is aces in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to wear fu shows to my monochrome outfits for a little extra. But the teething necklace works great too.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love a long cardigan! Both of these look so cozy!!! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the accessories you added to keep the outfits from looking too dark. This is the perfect way to add some color in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Beautiful looks! You nailed the challenge perfectly! Pray you have a great week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're in the midst of summer right now and the hot and humid weather actually has me a little wistful for winter right now especially seeing your stylish cool weather looks. Your mini MAC looks so fun and versatile! Happy new week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the longline striped cardigan SO much, a great piece to have in your wardrobe- and especially as its a navy/white version; so versatile!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the striped duster! A pop of colour on monochrome is always fun :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great outfit!
    bisous

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The twirly duster is so fun! I should try one of these Instagram outfit challenges because I am very uninspired with my clothes these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun when you're feeling uninspired!

      Delete
  20. I love the way the coloured accessories stand out against the neutrals. I'm wearing my red tartan scarf most days at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the striped cardigan on the first look! You've aced layering for winter!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these looks. The ankle boots in the first look are perfect! I love the pop of red scarf in the second look. You look great in both!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the bag, it got so popular!

    www.petiteandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your striped cardigan, it's so simple yet chic!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. that first outfit with dark neutrals is so stylish and chic...and the second one with light grey tones is very pretty as well. I really like the pop of colour with that red scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stylish and practical outfits for playgroup! Jeans and cardigans are my go-tos as well for playgroups. Loving that Jeanswest longline one - it looks so warm!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the layers! Your striped cardigan is so cute! Both of these looks are fabulous!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the swirly maxi cardis on you! Of course, we're in full coats, scarves and gloves weather here but Darwin in a couple of weeks will be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...