Wednesday 1 November 2017

30 Ways To Wear a Striped Maxi Skirt - White and Navy #30Wears Series

Another month, another #30wears achieved for a piece from my wardrobe. This time it's another maxi skirt. It's interesting that there are only a few jeans that I've hit 30 wears on but I've easily hit that on so many of my maxi skirts. I've always thought I was more of a jeans than skirt person, my style has definitely evolved over the years. It's useful having the blog to look back on and see what I've worn over the years, and it's great that I can compile my outfit pics together into posts like this.


I have started to look up pieces I'm close to 30 wears on and wearing them a little more regularly, as you've probably seen on Instagram. I do want to wear more of my wardrobe, but I'm also enjoying the challenge of thinking up more ways to wear things to hit 30 wears.



#30 Wears: Navy and White Striped Maxi Skirt


While I don't wear a lot of white, I find this maxi skirt so easy to wear. Being machine washable helps! The stretchy elastic waistband has stretched through to the third trimester of two pregnancies and still fits perfectly post-baby. Non-maternity clothes with elastic waists are wonderful in pregnancy. In fact the very first time I wore this skirt I was pregnant, it's a great pregnancy piece.

It's not just pregnancy this works well for though! Stretchy skirts are great postpartum and incredibly comfortable post-baby. It's easy to see why I've hit 30 wears on this. In fact, half of them were during pregnancy and the other 15 were when I wasn't pregnant. Really funny to see the perfect split when I counted up the 30 wears.


stripe maxi skirt 30 ways to wear series outfit ideas | Away From The Blue blog




Stripe Maxi Skirt With Printed And Embellished Tanks


stripe maxi skirt 4 ways printed embellished tanks | awayfromblue

A printed skirt doesn't mean you have to wear it with plain pieces! I've enjoyed doing a little print mixing by pairing the striped skirt with printed tanks. If you're looking for something slightly different you can add something extra to the stripes with embellished tanks with beading or sequins. The benefit of the beaded and sequin embellished tanks were that they draw the eye up and away from what was an early second trimester baby bump. Of course as you can see with the brown floral tank, you can only disguise a baby bump for so long! Get more ways to hide a baby bump here.


Navy Stripe Maxi Skirt and Matching Top


stripe maxi skirt 3 ways matching navy tops awayfromblue

stripe maxi skirt 3 ways with matching navy tops awayfromblue

Since the white maxi skirt has a navy stripe, it's good to be matchy-matchy and wear a navy tee with it. It's a quick fool-proof outfit technique you can use for any printed piece. Grab a plain piece in a similar colour to one that's in the print to wear with it for an easy outfit that is perfectly co-ordinated.


Stripe Maxi Skirt and Grey Tee


stripe maxi skirt and grey tees 5 ways to wear with bright bags | awayfromtheblue

A grey tee is another one of those fail-safe outfit options with a printed maxi skirt. I have quite a few grey tees in my wardrobe, as you can see above as each time I've worn this skirt it's been with a different grey tee! I like them when I need a neutral piece to wear with a print. A grey tee and a maxi skirt is a favourite frequently worn combination of mine. A grey tee will always be a classic to me. A nice neutral grey tee lets you be a little more bold and adventurous with your accessory choices and I like to wear a bright handbag often with grey tees as the colour really pops.


Stripe Maxi Skirt and Colourful Tanks


stripe maxi skirt in pregnancy with colourful fitted tanks on baby bump | away from blue

While grey tees are a great neutral with prints, and you can easily pick a navy top for an easy coordinating outfit, I like wearing bright and colourful tanks with this stripe maxi skirt too. I love this in pregnancy, as my colourful fitted tanks really work nicely to show off a baby bump. Because this skirt is a non-maternity piece, there is a limit to how far the elastic will stretch around a growing baby belly. When it hits its limit, a maternity tank comes in helpful as the longer bump-covering length lets you wear the skirt lower with the waist band under the baby bump like in the last photo.


Maxi Skirts and Light Layers In Cooler Weather


stripe maxi skirt 4 ways in spring autumn light layers | awayfromtheblue

I try to wear most of my wardrobe year-round, but with the slit up the side it gets a little too cold to wear this maxi skirt over winter. I make it work outside of summer by adding a light layer, something as simple as a scarf or denim jacket, or a little more colourful with a printed kimono or colourful knit. Just that extra layer can make it easier to wear this skirt for spring or autumn. You don't have to keep maxi skirts just for summer!


Maxi Skirt and Ruffle Camis


stripe maxi skirt and ruffle camis 3 outfit ideas with print mixing | awayfromtheblue

Sometimes i's nice to add some extra texture to your outfit. The close fit of this jersey maxi skirt means voluminous tops are a good pairing with it, and my ruffle camis are such fun pieces to wear. You can even add in some print mixing like I've done in two of those three outfits above. Stripes really do go with so much, and a strappy cami is a wonderful piece to wear in the summer heat.


Maxi Skirt and Tees


stripe maxi skrit and tees 5 ways to wear in pregnancy and postbaby | Away From Blue

As you can see above, I love my grey tees and my navy tees with this striped maxi skirt. Any kind of tee pairs beautifully with a maxi skirt though, and as well as some brightly coloured ones it's been fun wearing graphic tees with this striped skirt. It makes a great casual outfit for places like playgroup if you're wanting to dress a maxi skirt down a little. A simple outfit formula like this can continue on in pregnancy as well!




Striped Maxi Skirts Under $50:











A striped skirt can be surprisingly versatile, and this was definitely good value for money! I bought this Atmos & Here maxi skirt back in 2013 for $17.45, so it's now down to 58 cents per wear and still going strong 4 years later.


Want more outfit inspiration? All the 30+ ways I've worn this striped maxi skirt.


Previous 30 Wears posts:

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

69 comments:

  1. I have a striped one as well that I wear a lot. It is so comfortable and summery.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of options, I love maxi skirts in the summertime! Love all your different ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mica! I hope you are having a wonderful week! I really enjoy these posts. They really inspire how to maximize key pieces in your wardrobe to create multiple outfits. I really adore how you paired the skirt with different prints to create fun and cute looks.
    I pray you have a great rest of the week!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tiff, I'm glad you are enjoying the posts! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing all of these different looks, looking gorgeous!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is the most helpful and extensive post I've ever seen on striped maxi skirts! I actually have one in my summer wardrobe that I'd totally forgotten about this year, I'll have to keep your styling tips in mind ready for next spring/summer!! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle, I'm so glad you found this post helpful!

      Delete
  6. So many great looks! I should really see how many of my pieces get 30 wears, but I don't take pictures of what I wear every day so it wouldn't really be accurate, haha.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm lucky to have had that habit over the years! :)

      Delete
  7. Well done, you! I think my favourites are the print tops, the bright colours, the ruffled camis and the graphic tees. I have to say, I'm really not a fan of the grey tees - they are just too boring! Sleep in them, but *yawn* not for wearing out in public. I hope that doesn't offend you, dear Mica - you are a gorgeous woman, and I know sometimes I forget to say that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said on your blog Sheila, you could never offend! You encourage and inspire me to try new things constantly! :)

      Delete
  8. What a cute striped maxi! Love all the ways you styled it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the queen of making the most of an article of clothing or two!! Love the variety ideas!

    With Love & Style,
    ♥ Amber
    ALL THE AMBIENCE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love striped clothes and even though I own many striped tops (most of them similar) I don't own a striped skirt! I love how striped items go with every single colour, especially paired with that pretty red top!! Looks so good! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A striped skirt is just as versatile as a striped top I think! :)

      Delete
  11. You've shown so many fabulous ways to wear this maxi, Mica!!
    I keep wondering how versatile it would be, and you've totally proved it!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way you styled this maxi skirt is really inspiring, Mica! Thank you for all the tips and tricks you've shared. This skirt is definitely super versatile...so easy to dress up or dress down:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That striped maxi is definitely such a versatile piece and it's super cute on you, looks great each way you styled it! Hope you are having a wonderful week Mica:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these looks! I love the stripes!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving all this maxi skirt inspiration Mica! I just pulled out my navy blue and burgundy striped maxi skirt for fall and needed some fresh ways to wear it. I'm going to have to try with a graphic tee, and maybe layered up with a jacket and scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey, glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  16. Great post, Mica! Loved seeing how you styled your maxi skirt different ways! Such great styling!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a versatile maxi dress! Thanks for all the ideas!

    Kim
    simplylovebirds.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to have a maxi skirt with thicker stripes with navy/blue, I think I would like the skinnier stripes like on your maxi better. I love it with the floral top and the grey top, too! I really need to get a grey top (I was thinking this even before this post!). Lots of ideas here, thanks!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some ideas! Grey tees are a staple in my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  19. This is such a creative and extensive post to style a piece of clothing! You put in great effort in styling, love how you keep it cool without trying too hard :)

    xx
    http://realgirltalks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Mica, I'm not surprised that you wear this maxi skirt that often as it is a cool, beautiful and versatile piece! And it makes me smile you obviously also prefer skirts instead of denims - I recognised this also due to my blog :) Thanks for the inspiration and I could imagine you would wear this skirt even 30 times more!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Rena - I could easily wear this another 30 times, it's a great skirt!

      Delete
  21. The striped maxi skirt has proven to be a wardrobe staple after reading this post. You have have come up with so many versatile looks. I love that it can even be worn during colder weather with a sweater or jacket (because it's Fall over here right now). I couldn't help but drool over all your bag options with each outfit. You have the best bag collection.

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a striped tank top maxi dress and I love throwing a denim jacket or tee shirt over top of it. They are so versatile!
    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope my previous comment went through. Let me know if it didn't <3

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the idea of this post. This striped maxi is super cute and really allows so many ways to be styled. My favorite is with a grey tee on top.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such an inspiration! How clever and inventive you are with styling, the striped maxi is versatile, yes, but you manage to make it look amazing and fresh with every iteration. And it is fun to watch you go to a flat belly to a pregnant one, and back again.
    So glad your little ones are well,
    Love from New York.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes it's fun to see the pregnancy and non-pregnancy looks in one post! :)

      Delete
  26. Such a creative post, these are all great looks!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a versatile piece. I love pieces that worked for pregnancy and beyond and would love to hunt down the skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly this is an old discontinued one, but I linked up a few very similar ones - anything with an elastic waist like this one has is a good idea for pregnancy wear!

      Delete
  28. Great styling tricks, love a good versatile piece! x

    www.mes-dames.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Mica. You really have great genes. You have been through pregnancy and still look the same. That skirt is a nice piece too
    http://www.sindisosdiary.com/2017/11/the-storer-must-visit.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that you keep track of all of your wears. This is such a great neutral maxi to wear and I think you show that it works so many ways!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this striped maxi skirt on you! You've included so many different options, and everything you paired it with looks so cute!! I definitely need to get a maxi skirt now.
    Thank you for linking up this week!

    ~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you do these posts as it gives so much inspiration for outfits!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are the maxi skirt queen, Mica! This striped skirt is so very versatile and I truly enjoyed seeing the many ways you have styled it. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots


    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look lovely with that striped maxi skirt dear. I love all the outfits.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You've given me some wonderful ideas Mica! Will incorporate them into my wardrobe :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is what I call fab cost per wear !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's so nice doing this and calculating cost per wear to see how much value I've gotten from things in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  37. wow! I love wearing striped white-navy tees with anything, but this skirt looks amazing!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love how you manage to create an entirely new outfit each time - I don't think I have 30 clothes, let alone 30 different styles to wear with a maxi skirt lol! I do adore these though, the colour of the skirt to begin with makes it an easy item to pair with and you did so really well. You nailed it yet again!

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I think I have a few more clothes than average! :)

      Delete
  39. To be honest I dond't even have a single striped item.
    I was afraid to not be able to combine it.
    But your looks are so lovely, great stylings.

    take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you all for your comments - it's fun putting these posts together and seeing how I'm getting more wear from what I own, and so nice to hear that you like the posts too or you get some outfit inspiration from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is totally cool, dear! Love them all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really love them all but don't have so many striped items...
    Wish you an amazing New Year!
    xx Dasynka
    http://dasynka.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well I can see that you've worn this skirt many times ...
    It's good that you have fun by the pool, look here it's so cold ...
    xoxo

    marisascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love this post! Totally proofs that you don't need lots of clothes! 😊

    xx, Eleonora https://eleonorasleben.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  45. This skirt seems to go with everything! I love how you paired it and it seems comfortable as well x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow what a versatile skirt, I might have to steal your challenge. I got a beautiful red pleated skirt for Christmas & have planned to try a different outfit each month for the blog, perhaps I should try this instead. Have a lovely week Mica. x Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I need to get myself this skirt! It looks so handy and versatile!
    Hope you are having a good week xx

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. 30 ways? That's fabulous, dear! Love the shots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi MIca - one long skirt and so so many possibilities to make a new outfit with them. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. You're such a stylish mama, love all the looks with one maxi skirt!<3


    XOXO
    Ayu

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderful selection!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love the skirt with the grey t-shirts, and I love TJ Maxx! I could live in t-shirts, if I could get away with it! And the striped skirt from Shein would be very versatile,

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...