Wednesday 22 November 2017

Relaxed Fit Shorts and Floral Kimono: Spring Playgroup Style

I've been on a bit of a shorts buying binge this spring! I've been slowly swapping out some of my current shorts and selling or donating them to make room for some more of these cute relaxed fit soft shorts. I'm not really sure if they have a proper name, 'relaxed fit soft shorts' seems a bit long. I do know that they are insanely comfortable and perfect for Brisbane's heat though. They look great with this floral print kimono too.

Ordinarily I wouldn't wear voluminous pieces with a kimono, I don't always like the results, but I loved the relaxed vibe of both these outfits. Perfect for playgroup.

What I wore:

floral kimono and printed relaxed shorts with metallic tank pink mini MAC | awayfromtheblue

Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC | awayfromblue
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TankJeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver (on sale!)
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

With the warmer weather, I have been so excited to wear these blue printed shorts again. I know from my personal stylist session that they aren't the best style for me, because post-babies my waist isn't the narrowest part of my body and these shorts highlight that. But I really don't care, I love them anyway. So much so that I went and bought a couple more in a similar style!

I'm surprised that these have only been worn 16 times so far, nowhere near 30 wears but I'm aiming to reach that goal with them this spring/summer!

I usually pair these shorts with stripes if I'm wearing another print, but decided to go with the neutral metallic tank and add the floral print kimono for something different. Partly also because I'm trying to hit 30 wears with this kimono this season. I really liked this combination, nice and comfortable for a warm day at playgroup with the boys. I've worn the tank and shorts together before too.


Last worn: Somedays Lovin' kimono, metallic tank, blue printed shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearSomedays Lovin' kimono and chambray dress, metallic tank and chambray skirt, blue printed shorts and pink vest, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC bag and skinny jeans.


Perfect for pregnancy: floral kimono and maternity tank in third trimester.


Printed Shorts Under $50:







What I wore:

floral kimono with oversized tee relaxed embroidered shorts casual comfy spring playgroup outfit | away from blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | Away From The Blue

awayfromblue instagram olive embroidered relaxed shorts slouchy tee kimono spring
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Top: thrifted mix apparel black space dye tee
ShortsJeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts (new purchase)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Back when we had our failed shopping trip that ended up with x-rays, I'd seen these shorts in Jeanswest and considered them but figured they were a little too expensive and I didn't love them enough to go try them on. I hadn't been able to get them out of my head since then though, and even tried going back in store to buy them. They didn't have my size and again something came up with the boys and I couldn't get to the store that did have my size.

So when I saw these shorts in the 40% off sale I had to get them! Was so pleased to discover them as it's been a while since I last saw them. While the shorts are already a relaxed fit, I thought of pairing them with this black tee right away. I really liked the combination, and the floral kimono added a little extra colour to the outfit. I was really inspired by loving the first outfit so much.

It's got a bit much going on, with the voluminous pieces together, and the mix of prints and embroidery, but I really liked this outfit. So insanely comfortable, and such an easy outfit after our big day out the day before.


Last worn: Somedays Lovin' kimono (above), Havaianas (above), Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag. First time I've worn the tee and the embroidered shorts as they are recent purchases.

Other ways to wearSomedays Lovin' kimono and skinny jeans, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag and winter knit.

Perfect for pregnancy: kimono and maxi skirt in second trimesterspeedy bandouliere and maternity wrap dress.




Embroidered Shorts Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:

Relaxed fit, soft shorts are perfect for hot days. light and airy, and still great coverage when running around with two toddlers, without having to worry about things riding up. You don't have to stick to neutrals if you have a pair of printed shorts either, a kimono is a fun layer that doesn't make you overheat in the sun.




SHOPBOP SALE ALERT!



20% off orders of $200+

25% off orders of $500+
30% off orders of $800+

Just use discount code 'MORE17'! Perfect time to get all your Christmas shopping - the more gifts you add to your cart, the higher the discount! Shopbop have an awesome gift guide to give you inspiration. Plus the discounts mean you can get up to 75% off sale items!



Linking up with Style on the Daily, Wardrobe Wednesday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

33 comments:

  1. I love your summery outfits, Mica! I'm really looking forward to summer, even though I'll probably end up complaining when it gets really humid soon! Haha:). I love the olive embroidered shorts: so pretty and versatile. Hope you're having a great week, Mica. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style, such a pretty LV bag too!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the kimono with the flowy shorts, it's so light and carefree!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit is so cute!! I love that kimono.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a pair of similar shorts last summer, with a floral print, and they are so easy to wear in the heat!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mica, those style shorts look so cute on you! That's what I do as well. Donate or sell items and replace with things that better suit me. What a great deal as well! Love both outfits! You look so cute.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think both shorts look great on you! Have a lovely day. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say the stylist you consulted are not really right as I personally love you really in such shorts styles, dear Mica!

    And you did absolutely right to buy the green ones and congratulation that this was even possible with that great discount.

    Thanks a lot for sharing this inspiring post and I hope you have a wonderful week.

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I think sometimes you have to go with how you feel in something over how it looks, haha! :) And I'm so comfortable in these, I like the relaxed fit :)

      Delete
  9. Ordinarily I would probably opt for keeping things tight underneath a kimono too, but this works really well - and like you say, has a lovely relaxed vibe about it! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd usually go fitted too, it was nice to try something different :)

      Delete
  10. I love those green shorts! The embroidery is so much fun! you're making me jealous with your warm weather wear ;) (but I love my sweaters so it's okay)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you do have such a great collection of them too!

      Delete
  11. The second outfit looks really amazing:-)

    http://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are such cute outfits and love your bags! x

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute shorts! Definitely perfect for warm wear since they are moveable and breathable. Plus perfect for mom life. I especially like that olive pair.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that I think of it I don't recall wearing my kimonos with shorts, its a clever idea !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you an idea! It's how I frequently wear mine!

      Delete
  15. Well sometimes comfort wins over a whittle waist. Both these looks are great and look totally comfy and love the second one in particular.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm all about the comfort at the moment haha!

      Delete
  16. These looks are so cute to wear to a playgroup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always struggled with shorts (I don't have a waist either and I don't even have any babies to show for it) but I have basically given up dressing for style over comfort so sign me up! I like that these come a tiny bit longer than your average denim short too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That kimono works so well with both styles, Mica!! They are one of my favorite pieces for the warmer seasons, because they go with everything!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. 40% off is a bargain! Can't believe you got that deal, they're gorgeous too! Love the fluro pink RM! It's nice to see summer outfits!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really like your relaxed looks and pretty floral Kimonos! You look beautiful and pull off these casual chic looks so very nicely.

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice outfit! The shorts look so cute! Love the bag too :)

    Marije | thegfguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in love with those shorts!! I sometimes ignore fashion rules too when I really like something. By being petite for example i have many "no-nos" that I later ignore hehe. But funnily enough, those shorts look gorgeous on you! You go girl, keep wearing them!! :D
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I hate the 'maxi skirts aren't for petites' rule as I love them!

      Delete
  23. I never know what to call those kind of shorts either, except maybe "soft shorts"? The embroidery on the green pair is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think soft shorts is the way to go! No matter what they are called, they are comfy!

      Delete
  24. I'm so jelly you are still wearing shorts!!!!! Canada is getting so cold lately it's going to snow soon :( Those short are super cute!!! I always call them home shorts because they are so comfy hahaha but not sure what's the right term for those short. You look lovely as always!

    www.petiteandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks all for your lovely comments. I'm looking forward to wearing these shorts more over Summer (summer right now in Brisbane!)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...