Sunday 15 September 2013

Rebecca Minkoff mini MACs: Denim Jacket, Colour Block Dress | Stripe Tank, Sass and Bide Skinny Jeans

Here's what I wore on Saturday:
away from blue colour block dipped hem dress denim jacket

away from blue metallic silver mini MAC

Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: silver Owl pendant long necklace from Paddy's Markets
Dress: Cotton On Colour blocked maxi in black / Algiers blue
Shoes: Novo 'Tahnee' black studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus gifted Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC


Saturday was such a strange day weather wise! Really windy and blustery, but still warm when the wind died down. It was the perfect jeans and tee weather, but I had to go to the physio so couldn't have my knee covered. I added a denim jacket to this, as my friend wearing hers yesterday prompted me to dig mine out, but with the weird weather I kept taking it off and on all day.

First time this jacket has been featured on the blog. I had a look for the last time I remember wearing it, and found this picture from 3 years ago where I was covered in parrots, haha! When I first bought it in a City Beach sale around 10 years ago I was so happy at the bargain I got, and wore it over and over. Although it's rarely worn now, I keep it around as I think everyone can use a denim jacket sometimes.

Linking up with Plane Pretty, My Style Monday today.


Last worn: colour block dress, owl necklacestudded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC. the jacket is old, but it's the first time I've worn it on the blog.





Here's what I wore today:
Away From Blue striped tank sass adn bide embroidered jekyll hyde skinny jeans

away from the blue rebecca minkoff aquamarine mini mac

NecklaceIndigo Rose Design pearl and antique gold long necklace
Top: Cotton On stripe sailor tank in dusky green / grey marle (new purchase)
JeansSass & Bide Jekyll and Hyde zippora jeans
Shoes: gifted Havaianas tropical print thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs labradorite bracelets
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC with python embossed leather in aquamarine


I wore this casual outfit to go shopping, relax in the back yard and work at Church Online in the evening. Got this tank at DFO last weekend, it was a lonely little tank sitting in among some other sale items and it happened to be my size. As there was both girls and guys stuff side by side, I'm not entirely sure if this is a guy's top? But it is slouchy and comfortable so I bought it anyway! :)

The necklace and bracelets are from my friend's jewellery line. If you have Pinterest, she has a board setup that you can view or pin here.


Last worn: skinny jeans, Havaianas thongs, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC. First time I've worn the top as it's a new purchase.

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

52 comments:

  1. denim jackets are definitely a closet staple. i hardly wear mine but i love knowing it's there. it still fits you so well, haha. i think some of my older things are way too small now. love the colourblock dress and the RM bags, both great colours! weather here has been a bit weird also, poured down today. hope your knee is ok!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look!
    I'm a new follower and would love for you to check out my blog!
    http://dreaminspiredesire.blogspot.com/

    xo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first dress and I am drooling over the RM bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jeans in the bottom picture - I have a thing for printed jeans at the moment. Yours are adorable!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress...the color blocking and high low hem are great. The parrot pic is too funny! Birds terrify me, so you're really brave in my opinion...ha!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love birds, so it was really fun, but I was a little scared in that picture as two of them had just been fighting, haha.

      Delete
  6. Great way to pair flip flops (at least that's how we call your shoes over here)! Lovely outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes they are 'thongs' in Australia! :)

      Delete
  7. I love the cool hi/low dress - and everyone can use a jean jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, denim jackets are must-have! Good to keep it around :)
    Love the pretty high-low dress you wore it on top of too.
    Also, cool print jeans in the second outfit!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the jacket, love denim and i love the doggy, what a cutie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are rocking these mini MACs!! I wish I could use them too (with what I need the mini is too small). Mini comes in so many great colours and texture (love the snakeskin one you have)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I manage to slim it down to just the daily essentials :) they are perfect little weekend/errand bags! :)

      Delete
  11. bags <3
    kisses x
    http://fashiongirlfromtown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the first look Micah! ^^That silver bag is so cute. And I love your denim jacket. I'd love to own one too but the one I like are always above my budget :( xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was so lucky to find this one on a great sale! :)

      Delete
  13. Love the look, so cool :)

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the RM bags!
    Mafalda ❤
    www.mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bag is so gorgeous!
    Thanks for your lovely comment, now following you dear.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  16. the blue and black dress is awesome- so graphic and right on trend! hello Cooper :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great dress. And isn't it great we can bring back our old denim jackets!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :) I think, like blazers, they are something that will never date! :)

      Delete
  18. Those Sass and Bide jeans are so cute!

    I haven't been to DFO in ages I should definately take a trip there soon for some bargain hunting :)

    Great outifts!

    Xx
    Siree
    www.thehiddenthimble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certainly a lot of bargains to be found there! :)

      Delete
  19. i love that hi and lo dress mica. the print & colors are so pretty on you. love that owl necklace and denim jacket with it. great pants in the second outfit. gorgeous rebecca minkoff bag.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your dress, what a gorgeous shade of blue

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your star print jeans in the second outfit, so cute! And the bright pop of color from your bag is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Replies
    1. They are very fun, and they match that bag so well. I'm always pairing them together, haha. They were a fab gift from my sister :)

      Delete
  23. Fun pattern mixing on the 2nd outfit. I agree - you can never go wrong with a good denim jacket. I did replace my denim jacket because my old one did not have any stretch. I don't wear mine too often but I know it will last me for years to come.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Alice - it's a staple item to have, even if you don't wear it every day :)

      Delete
  24. nice looks,like the bag :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the bags! the blue is definitely my fav, super eye catching!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  26. 2 fab looks sweety :)

    Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the Rebecca Minkoff bags, they are so much fun! the turquoise is so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the 2nd outfit, great jeans!!


    xx


    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both of your Rebecca Minkoff bags!!! I have one in black but I'm thinking I need to get my hands on some more fun colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute dress and I love the printed pants!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great pictures, absolutely stunning and stylish!

    Monica Harmony's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  32. yay for rebecca minkoff!! :D love her bags!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gah so jealous. love Rebecca Minkoff. Where did you get the mini macs?

    X. Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too :) The aqua mini MAC was a Shopbop purchase, and the silver one a recent Reebonz purchase :)

      Delete
  34. Ooo loving the Rebecca MInkoff.

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  35. the dress is so cute!!


    http://steph-annieblog.blogspot.fr/
    http://steph-annieblog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...