Tuesday 29 October 2013

Belted. Red Shirt and Pencil Skirt, Bal Velo | Aztec Print Dress, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran Bag

Here's what I wore to work on Monday:
red shirt belted with pencil skirt office wear

2011 coquelicot balenciaga poppy red velo bag
Necklace: gift from DH
Top: thrifted Just Jeans red pleated shirt from AWLQ jumble sale
Skirt: Review 'Ziggy' polka dot pencil skirt
Belt: Kmart thin black glitter belt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs patent mouse flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga Coquelicot Velo


Amazed that it's been over a year since I last wore this shirt! It's a great piece for work, it's just that I tend not to wear shirts often (I have about 10 button up shirts that have never been worn in years!) as I hate ironing them. Moving to a casual work environment where I don't need to wear shirts every day plays a big part in it too.

Tried to make a bit of a peplum effect by leaving the shirt un-tucked and belting it, but I really wasn't sure if it worked or not. Kept changing my mind throughout the day, haha.


Last worn: Red shirt, black glitter belt, polka dot pencil skirt, patent mouse flats, Balenciaga Velo bag.




Here's what I wore to work today:
Jeanswest blue aztec print dress belted with black flats and tights

Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran Bag Carob Brown
Sunnies: gifted Cotton On 'Risky Business' sunglasses in sky blue
NecklaceDogeared 3 Wishes stardust bead necklace
Dress: Jeanswest Aztec print dress
BeltAsos metal keeper skinny waist belt in bright blue
ShoesWittner 'Bolla' black bow detail flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


Had a presentation to do today, so I went for comfortable favourites to wear. And luckily, the dress and bag pair together well! I've worn them together before. Usually I'd go with heels to give myself a bit of a confidence boost, but as it was predicted to storm quite badly I thought flats would be the best for navigating wet pavements!

Linking up with Fashion Informant, Spotlight Weekly today.


Last worn: blue sunglassesJeanswest Aztec dress, Asos blue skinny belt, Wittner black flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag.


Don't forget to enter my Iconemesis iPhone case giveaway!

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

25 comments:

  1. Love both of your outfits. Glad you got in before the rain started, I've read that storm was pretty bad. Bet you enjoyed the cupcakes! sparkle2day.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the outfits! Very nice!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cute peplum effect wearing style lol it's quite a brilliant way!! I completely understand about dressing more cSually! I feel the same way. I have became so lazy at even buttoning up my top so I tend to buy tops that don't require me meek than 2 seconds to put it in hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Clothes should be comfortable and easy to wear though, they are much more fun that way! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your marc jacobs bag!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love that aztec print dress! such a pretty print!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's so fabulous is that the red shirt and bag look perfect together! it's hard matching up reds, but these definitely compliment one another. you look great and i love that dress.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, love the belted red top in that first outfit! It does create a nice peplum effect :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome balenciaga bag in red! I've always wanted a balenciaga as well! <3

    Check out my new post partying with AX Paris! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh great colour combos here mica, you look super cute! i have the same problem with shirts too, i try my best to dress them down and most times i don't know if they should be tucked or not. it's been raining here too, i'm in flats today in case!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha the DIY peplum works - I do it a lot with some of my button ups for work :]
    You look amazing, as always :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the red outfit!! so wonderful as always!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfits! That dog is adorable!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marc Jacobs mouse flats are the way to go for work (& for any occasion actually!) I'm trying to get more use out of clothes I haven't worn for ages. It's my goal instead of buying new stuff all the time- you just reminded me when writing about your lovely shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm trying to focus more on what I already have, and less on accumulating new things! trying to downsize, but I find it tricky. I can at least slow my purchasing :)

      Delete
  14. I love the ikate-print dress. It has the most beautiful shade of ink blue ^^ xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dress and the red blouse =)

    mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The red shirt looks great with the belt. You look so lovely in red and also in blue! Lovely outfits and bags! Your dog is so cute!

    http://thefashioness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the plum bag! Very complimenting to the blue tones of the dress. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The firts outfit is definitely my fave! I love that top and your bale is suoer gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the red shirt and red bag. Wonderful! Both outfits are terrific though. I can't get over the mouse flats. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for your kind comments - I'm glad you liked the belted shirt outfit - maybe I should try it again with a different shirt and see if I like it better :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...