Saturday 12 October 2013

Stripe Tank, Jeans, Balenciaga Sorbet Accessories | Asos Grey Tee, Skinnies, RM Mini MAC, Funkita Swimwear

Here's what I wore to work on Friday:



Sunnies: pink leopard print sunglasses from Paddy's Markets in Sydney
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
Top: AT By Atmos&Here Orion stripe tank (new purchase)
Jeans: Sass and Bide "Straight up" jeans
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet


I worked from home on Thursday and actually forgot to take an OOTD before it got dark, although I did take a quick instagram shot of Cooper and I when I realised.

So this is what I wore to work for casual Friday. Nice simple striped tank and jeans. I would have liked to have added a scarf for some colour, but it was much too hot, so settled for pink accessories.


Last worn: leopard print sunglasses, Sass & Bide jeans, Balenciaga sandals, Balenciaga sorbet city. First time I've worn the tank as it's a new purchase.




Here's what I wore today:



Sunnies: gifted Cotton On 'Risky Business' sunglasses in sky blue
Necklace: gift from DH
TeeAsos new forever grey tee
JeansSass & Bide Jekyll and Hyde zippora jeans
Shoes: Novo 'Tahnee' black studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Kate Spade skinny mini bow bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC


This is in fact the exact same outfit as I wore a few weeks ago, just with different accessories. Although I do repeat wear items a lot, like everyone with a finite wardrobe space does, I don't usually repeat combinations so closely together, haha. I just like this tee with the skinny jeans. It's comfortable and it works :)


The weather was even sunny enough today to take a dip in the pool with my new Funkita garden party print bikini! Funkita make really good swimwear, and just released a new 'Pixel Mix' collection at the start of the month. Lots of fun prints and bright colours for spring, all the way up to a size 22. I think this floral print is lovely and perfect for the warm weather, don't you think?


It looks great when worn too, so I thought I'd share that photo of the gorgeous Funkita model wearing it to truly do it justice. They have lots of pics on their facebook page. The fit is nice, and everything stays firmly in place so you don't have to do that awkward "modesty check" to make sure everything is still covered before you pop up from jumping into the pool like you do with some bikinis. Looking forward to wearing this a lot over the coming months and putting the durability and colour fast properties of the fabric to the test! Although I just missed out on it arriving before our long weekend holiday, the warm weather we are having means I'll have plenty more times to wear it before the pool gets too cold.


Last worn: blue sunglasses, Asos grey tee, Jekyll and Hyde skinny jeans, studded sandals, RM silver mini MAC.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

35 comments:

  1. Your bgs are out of this world incredible. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the pop of pink brought to the first outfit with the bag (def a great way to bring in colour when its too hot for a scarf!)

    -Tara x

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the striped tank. You can do so many thing with it! The pink really makes the whole look pop.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love the touches of pink in the first outfit, and then those print pants are so cute in the second one!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay looks like summer has arrived in Brisbane! The bikini looks uber cute! I am sure you look beautiful in it!
    I spotted those beautiful pink Balenciaga sandals! Oh I didn't know you own a pair. How are you liking them?? Are they comfy at all? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so comfortable! My favourite sandals, had to get them resoled as I wear them so much! :)

      Delete
  6. Nothing wrong with repeating outfits with an accessories update - it's what real people do :]

    And you look gorgeous as always - love those skinny jeans you wore today :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yep, I'd run out of things to wear otherwise! :)

      Delete
  7. I repeat outfits all the time, but i do like adding new accesories like you did! Love the pants and love both your bags:)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. No worries! Hope you find something you like! :)

      Delete
  9. Great picks dear! The weather looks great there!

    Also, I'd like to personally invite you to enter my MAC lipstick $40 MAC giftcard giveaway!
    http://mash-elle.blogspot.ca/2013/10/mac-creme-cup-review-mac-lipstick-40.html

    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the added pink Mica. So summery! You must be getting some good weather up there. Today it is freezing in Melbourne with rain all day :(

    Those bikinis are gorgeous! I'm on the hunt for a pair myself and modesty is on the top of the list so I'll check those ones out. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the bikini tip!

    x Mandi
    www.findmeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, hope you find a lovely bikini - they have tons of great ones! :)

      Delete
  11. love that silver purse! cute outfits
    xx
    www.TheAblazed.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the addition of pink in your first outfit, pink looks lovely against your skin tone.

    Halima

    Fashionicide | Manchester Fashion & Beauty Blog

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Balenciaga Sorbet looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the first outfit with the touch of pink! You look stunning in both outfits though :)

    Mariana xx
    fashionforelephants.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that bag! Your outfits are perfect!

    <3
    Closet Checklist

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool Bags!!!!

    www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. love these cute sandals! wow you have a great weather there :D

    Anna xx
    serendipityhappening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those fun Balengcia sandals! I am like you, I do of course wear my clothes over and over but always try to wear it just a little bit differently from the last time.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so many bags and accessories, it's easy to wear it a little differently each time, I'm very lucky to have what I have :)

      Delete
  19. Cute striped tank! Love how you added the pink sandals and bag! Great look!

    http://www.hiteastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh you look so summery!! It's so cold already here in London, makes me so jealous!

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like those Balenciaga sandals!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah I love that second outfit Mica! I'm not a fan of swimwear shopping either but hopefully I find something that suits me this year! Thanks for the tip ;)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. omg that bikini is gorgeous! love the colours and print. can't wait to see you in it! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will see if any photos turn up of me wearing it - I usually leave cameras and electronic devices behind when I go for a swim! :)

      Delete
  24. Beautiful. My favorite one is the second one. The pants and bag are gorgeous.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. that bathing suit is beautiful! i need to pick one up for an upcoming vacation, so i'm definitely going to check out that site.

    xo,
    gabby

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have a good taste in picking your outfits! I like both. I really love your pink bag. Also, Your dog is adorable.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like that silver bag with those jeans. So pretty together. You can't go wrong with a striped top. Love the added bag of color.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...