Monday 13 January 2014

Striped Maxi Dress, Louis Vuitton Neverfull | Black Top, Asos Graphic Pencil Skirt, Balenciaga Sorbet City Bag

If you haven't seen it already, you might want to watch my latest short video or this post may raise a few questions, haha! Thank you for all of your kind words and congratulations on the reveal post!


Here's what I wore on Sunday:
three dots striped maxi dress second trimester baby bump non maternity dress

louis vuitton vachetta damier azur neverfull tote
Sunglasses: gifted Rayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
DressThree Dots stripe maxi dress
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes pink clic clac
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull


Simple maxi dress for the weekend. Although I've worn this bag and dress together before, repeated the combo again on Sunday as I had to cart some paperwork around. The neverfull is a great bag for that!

This dress highlights the bump a little. I'm really glad I don't have to hide it now that I've spilled the beans! :) We wanted to keep the secret to ourselves for a while, and to have the joy of surprising our families on Christmas day. It was a really wonderful Christmas! Telling all of our friends and family was so exciting, and we were so pleased to share our happiness with them. I also thought it best to tell my boss before I posted anything online about it.


Last worn: Rayban, stripe maxi dress, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton damier Neverfull.



Here's what I wore to work today:
office wear asos graphic print pencil skirt black and white pink accessories

balenciaga sorbet city bag away from blue blog
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceRoie Designs pearl and antique gold long necklace
Top: Cotton On 'Carrie' round neck top in black
Skirt: Asos graphic print pencil skirt - maternity version (new purchase, on sale)
Shoes: Novo Carmina fuschia suede flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet


While I've told my boss and the relevant managers know for planning reasons, I haven't shared the news with everyone else at work yet, for a handful of reasons that I won't go into. As a result, I'm minimising the bump as much as possible in my office wear, despite how pleased and happy I am to see it progress! My latest Asos sale purchases were maternity work wear like today's pencil skirt, to help with appropriate office dressing.

I'm also throwing a waterfall cardi on top while I'm in the office, instead of my usual straight line cardi. I think the drape makes a difference. When I did quietly share the news with one of my friends in the office, she confessed that she had noticed one afternoon and just thought I'd gained a little weight, so hopefully everyone who notices anything is thinking that and I can keep things under wraps for a little longer. ;)

For the immediate future, the blog will be a mix of minimising the bump for the office, and dressing as I please on the weekends. Baby will be mentioned from time to time, as it is at the point where the bump influences what I can wear, but I don't intend to turn this blog into anything other than a daily outfit blog. You can always email me or leave a comment if you want to know anything baby-specific! :)


Last worn: Rayban (see above), black top, pink suede flats, Balenciaga sorbet city. First time I've worn the pencil skirt as it's a new purchase.

Linking up with Style Sessions, Trend Spin Linkup today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

49 comments:

  1. You are already glowing!! Loving the lil bump!! Congratulations once again.. :) Can't wait to see your maternity style!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfits! And the little bump is so cute, love it. Congrats again! You look so lovely.

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute :$
    Kisses <3

    http://www.theladyjersey.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations sweetie! I am sure you'll be a wonderful mom! :)
    Loving both outfits, especially the first one! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally die over your purse collection every time I visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I had no idea that you had an Instagram and Youtube! I'm definitely following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fab dress for pregnancy. I wore one like this when I had my two girls and it was a life saver, because a lot of maternity clothes just drove me crazy!! You are gorgeous, so sweet :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping I can wear my maxi dresses a lot! Going to try wear my existing wardrobe as much as possible and buy just a few maternity pieces, will see how I go :)

      Delete
  8. First things first, MICAAAAA congratulations!!!
    and second, i love your black printed skirt, it looks so perfect for the office.
    Oh, Cooper is getting a sibling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited, Cooper will make a great big brother! :)

      Delete
  9. Love love love both the bags - the balenciaga is perfection great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the baby news! So happy for you!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome striped xx
    http://girlonstreet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss that you were expecting!? Ahh congratulations! That is so exciting!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your bump looks adorable! Wearing dresses is the best and most comfortable way anyway and you always look beautiful wearing them pregnant or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, congratulations!! You look stunning! I love both looks very much!

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog! Let's stay in touch! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: A Cozy Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your first necklace is great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are lovely outfits. I especially adore your new pencil skirt! You are going to be one stylish mommy, I can tell you that. It must have been wonderful to finally tell everyone in the family ^^ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki! It was so great telling friends and family, we got some amazing reactions and it was great sharing our joy and excitement! :)

      Delete
  17. CONGRATS !!! You look glowing in these photos!
    your outfits are so cute and yes they hide the bump very nicely!! I didn't even noticed it untilI read your post!! I can't wait to see your outfits later on! =)
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. you've been hiding it extremely well mica - and congrats again. definitely some amazing news especially for your family! i'm super excited for you too and i hope you'll continue blogging throughout. what a way to start the year!! xx

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! It has been harder to hide in person than in photos, but I'm lucky for all of the flowing dresses and skirts in my wardrobe! :) Looking forward to seeing my little bump grow, it's definitely popped now :)

      Delete
  19. Your baby bump is sooooooo cute!! Congrats on the new addition!!

    I love the maxi dress the red and white stripes are perfect for any season!

    ReplyDelete
  20. mica, that dress looks so good on you. i love the color. i love your work attire. that black top & skirt looks awesome together. i love the print of that skirt.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, I think your baby bump is cute! Love that the dress highlights it :]

    And wow, your work outfit realllly hides the bump!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yes the few work friends I've told about it have been surprised as they didn't notice the bump before, so I'm glad I'm disguising it well for the office :)

      Delete
  22. congratulations on the pregnancy!! the dress perfectly shows off the bump and i can't wait to see more maternity styles!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  23. You really can't see the baby bump in the work outfit. I love the colors of your maxi dress!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww, your maxi dress really does highlight your cute little bump perfectly :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the striped maxi dress on you! CONGRATS! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  26. A Big Congratulations! You are glowing :) love all the outfits!
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both of these looks are so cute! And yea, I wouldn't want everyone in my office knowing either, and for a while it will be a fun challenge to see how well you can hide it (and who is smart enough to notice)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, it is a bit of a challenge hiding it, hubby thought everyone would have found out earlier, so he's impressed I can disguise it this long!

      Delete
  28. I love the maxidress, I think it's something that I'd love to have in my closet too!!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have been away too long, congratulations!!!! That maxi is quite gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. both outfits are so pretty!:) and I absolutely love the first necklace!♥

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww, Congratulations! You are looking fabulous!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun day to tell your family! I really like the dress in your second outfit. The pink accessories look amazing with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect day to tell them, such a wonderful Christmas gift to share :)

      Delete
  33. Congratulations Mica! That is such wonderful news! I have had no internet access so the first I have seen! Wonderful news.
    Cant wait to watch the bump grow.
    Congrats!!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you all for your kind comments - and congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...