Tuesday 25 February 2014

Balenciaga Coquelicot Velo Bag and Mouse Flats: Black Shirt, Striped Skirt | Printed Top, Maternity Skinny Jeans

Here's what I wore to work on Monday:
Jeanswest tilda black shirt french connection twisted stripe skirt mbmj mouse flats

Balenciaga coquelicot velo red poppy worn with black and white striped skirt
NecklaceDogeared 3 Wishes Stardust Bead Necklace layered with Dogeared silver wishbone necklace
TopJeanswest 'Tilda' black shirt
SkirtFrench Connection 'Abby' twisted skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs patent mouse flats
Bracelets: the usual plus two metal and fabric Roie Designs bracelets, Hermes Kelly double tour bracelet
BagBalenciaga Coquelicot Velo


Bit of a rush to take photos Monday morning as it started to shower as soon as I stepped out the door. Cooper wasn't having any of it and wanted to run back inside when he got rained on, so he's missing from the photos. Although I did snap one pic of his grumpy little face that I shared on instagram.

When I bought this shirt last year, it was labelled as both a regular shirt and a maternity shirt, something I missed when I bought it. Grateful for it now with the growing baby bump! :) The longer sleeves were nice for the cooler morning too, had even considered a scarf.


Last worn: Jeanswest black button shirt, French Connection twisted skirt, patent mouse flats, Balenciaga red velo.



Here's what I wore to work today:
Cotton on empire waist floral print top jeanswest maternity skinny jeans

Balenciaga coquelicot velo bag mixed metal bracelet stack
NecklaceHouse of Harlow Dynamic necklace in gold
Top: Cotton On floral print empire waist top (with black Cotton On singlet underneath)
PantsJeanswest maternity skinny jeans in black
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
Bracelets: the usual plus mixed metal spiral bracelet stack
BagBalenciaga Coquelicot Velo


This is one of the tops I found in one of my wardrobe clear outs. After moving it to the front of my wardrobe for a while, it still remained unworn so I was about to add it to the donate pile when DH mentioned he liked it too much for me to give it away. I used to wear it a lot when we were dating. I remember buying it on our first trip to Melbourne together, after I went shopping for the afternoon while DH caught up with one of his mates. It looks great with jeans, but after changing jobs to an office where I don't wear denim every day it's gotten no wear for years. Found an old photo of me wearing it to work in 2007!

Figured I'd at least wear the top one more time before deciding if I should donate it or not. Glad I decided to keep it, I had 3 people come up to me today to tell me how beautiful it looked. And one lady who refused to believe I'd bought it from Cotton On and not somewhere more expensive, haha! Might have to keep it in the wardrobe a little longer.


Last worn: Jeanswest maternity black jeans, MbMJ metallic mouse flats, Balenciaga red velo (see above). First time I've worn this top on the blog.

Linking up with What I Wore Wednesday, Trend Spin Linkup, Spotlight Weekly today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

31 comments:

  1. Ooh I really love the first outfit - your red balenciaga bag really pops against the neutral and the stripes! Very very cute :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second outfit! It's so cute! And the bag is to die for!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your purse match wit everything
    kss
    http://tupersonalshopperviajero.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with your first outfit! the combination of those pieces is so perfect. i was laughing at grumpy cooper not wanting to go outside in the rain -- my dog can be the same way! he runs out, takes care of business real quick and starts pulling me back towards the door, haha.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I'm glad it's not just Cooper that acts funny sometimes!

      Delete
  5. Honestly that red bal makes everything looks good haha (i am a Balenciaga biased, can't you tell?)
    How are you liking wearing flats? I bet your feet must feel better? I naturally can't stand pumps and heels so if I was pregnant i would probably live in shoes like Birkenstocks and sandals haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be a little clumsy on heels normally, so now that my centre of gravity has shifted I'm really wary of heels! Flats are definitely more comfortable :)

      Delete
  6. Absolutely LOVE LOVE the second floral top. The only thing i am really jealous of?? The fact that its summer there..baaah!! I want winter gone.
    Take care hun..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This handbag is GORGEOUS!! I just love your Marc Jacobs flats too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That second look is simply perfect!! I love love love the top with the black cami and trousers :) The golden flats add the perfect sparkly touch! I can understand why your co-workers loved it too ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am LOVING that floral top on you Mica! The colors and print are so pretty. Looks fabulous with that black underneath. So chic! LOL at Cooper! He can't get his hair messed up. LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it! He hates getting wet!

      Delete
  10. Love this bag! I'm beginning to get an idea of just how big your collection must be!

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I do have a few bags! You can see them all on the "handbag collection" tab above :)

      Delete
  11. Love the bag and your top!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bag!!! BAG ENVY! you must stop with these gorgeous pieces haha every time I look i am so jealous, you are looking flawless and hope all is well.

    Have a great Wednesday,
    Lucy xxx
    Florals & Corals

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the black and red together.you look cute in these photos :) lovely balenciaga and your flats are great
    xx

    Style Of OzOz
    Style Of OzOz Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you red bag! Nice outfit :)
    http://myobsessionsdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The second outfit really caught my eye. The top really pops against the all black.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh those mouse flats are adorable! and I really like that floral top from Cotton on. it doesn't look like it's from CO I agree, haha. And I think that style of top is actually really perfect for baby bumps! It's chic and flowy without being bulky, if you know what I mean! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm loving empire waist tops at the moment! :)

      Delete
  17. that top is gorgeous! its actually kind of fun to keep some old clothes like that, so full of memories, such fun! and it still looks amazing on you too!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's funny to remember just how long ago it was that I bought it!

      Delete
  18. That second look is beautiful, specially the print on that pretty top.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are adorable!! I love both looks! I am absolutely obsessed with that red bag! Happy Thursday babe!
    Xoxo
    www.fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...