Thursday 27 March 2014

Third Trimester Baby Bump Dressing: Wrap Dresses and Rebecca Minkoff Grey MAM Bag

Here's what I wore to work on Wednesday:
Away From Blue Autumn Maternity Workwear printed wrap dress third trimester

Rebecca Minkoff soft grey mini morning after bag MAM
Necklace:  custom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
Dress: Soon Maternity 'Madeline' grey print wrap dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual plus Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel turnlock stripey hinge black and white bangle
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey


I know I just wore this dress last week, but it's such a great office option for the third trimester I couldn't pass by wearing it again so soon! Wearing the same accessories as I did the day before, made it a nice 'no thinking required' option for getting dressed :) Could have added a bit of interest with a colourful bag or shoes, but thought the monochrome grey worked okay. What do you think?


Last worn: maternity wrap dress, studded mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff soft grey MAM.



Here's what I wore to work today:
Leona Edmiston Paris tassel print wrap dress third trimester baby bump

RM grey MAM bag
NecklaceDogeared silver wishbone necklace
Dress: Leona Edmiston Paris tassel print wrap dress
ShoesWittner 'Bolla' black bow detail flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey


Today I thought I'd try a wrap dress again, this time one of my non-maternity ones. Definitely wasn't as comfortable with the bump as the maternity wrap dress Although it is a pretty dress and a lovely print I found myself fussing and trying to readjust it over the bump all day. Wardrobe options really do decline in the third trimester! It's nice seeing how well baby is growing though. And the extra colour from the print was nice after yesterday's monochrome outfit.
Indoor photos as it was pouring with rain all day - hopefully the cooler weather is here to stay, as it hasn't felt much like Autumn recently.


Last worn: Leona Edmiston wrap dress, Wittner black flats, Rebecca Minkoff grey mini MAB (see above).

Linking up with Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Three-Fer Thursday, What I Wore to Work, Friday's Fab Favourites, Fashion Item Friday, Fashion Informant today


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

38 comments:

  1. I had never thought of a wrap dress as maternity wear but it's genius! Yours are so lovely, no wonder you wore it twice in one week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make great maternity wear, they are usually stretchy for the bump and very comfy! :)

      Delete
  2. comfort is key now. so wear it again and again and again. looks great on you Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I will be - you will be sick of seeing it by the time baby arrives! :P

      Delete
  3. such cute dresses! you rock that wrap dress! love your cute puppy in the shots! so fun!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrap dress is so versatile! I bet you feel very comfortable in them as well! The pattern is neutral enough you can wear it with various accessories too! Looking good mica! Looks like the baby is due really soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, not long to go now! Less than 2 months! :D

      Delete
  5. Oooo, I really love your dresses, especially the first one :)) Very chic looking <3

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: Hey Mickey
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful hon!! That dress is perfection on you.

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you always have the cutest bags ever!!
    I like the monochrome gray look and wow times really passes by fast! You look beautiful with your baby bump and smile =)
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both dresses...wraps are pure genius for pregnancy. Speaking of which, your little one's growing quite nicely!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag & all your pregnancy dresses look perfect on you! They’re so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make having a baby bump look chic and effortless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you, it doesn't feel effortless most days! :P It's such a blessing though.

      Delete
  11. there's just something so classic about a wrap dress! these dresses flatter your bump so wonderfully and you look beautiful!

    cute & little
    Color Brigade link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both these wrap dresses on you. I always adore seeing your sweet little mouse flats too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have been wearing them a lot lately - they are cute and comfy :)

      Delete
  13. Both of these wrap dresses look awesome with your belly. I adore the print on the second one. =)

    Enjoy the weekend, Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wrap dresses are definitely working well for you right now and you look great in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dress is beautiful and you look great in it. Love the accessories too.

    #fashionitemfriday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow your pup is shooo cute. I'm always wearing wrap dresses and they are perfect for covering up a food baby. Looks great on you and your real baby though :)

    Rosemary x
    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need a wrap dress in my wardrobe! They both are super cute on you and look adorable with your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wrap dresses look like a nice comfortable option for dressing that growing bump. You look so glowing. I love the MAB bags too x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look totally adorable! And I'm in love with your doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking better and better every time I pass by. Glad to read that the baby is growing well =)

    xo,
    Sylvia @ WorldTasting
    also on Bloglovin' and Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great ensembles here Mica! I love the softness of that satchel. It is almost like I can feel it through the computer. hahahaha. Thanks for your faithful attendance to Fashion item Friday. You are very cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both dresses are so lovely ! x Plus you're glowing more and more <3

    Satu
    indiebyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! You prove here how lovely and versatile wrap dresses are.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Third trimester already!!! You look fantastic! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Madame Mica looking splendid in her dresses and grey bag.
    I cannot believe that you're in your third trimester already... has Cooper picked a name for the baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, no we are still struggling with names. Trying to get a shortlist so we can pick when baby arrives!

      Delete
  26. Yes I bet! But these wrap dresses look lovely on you.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the grey worked really well! And honesty, wear what your most comfy in right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'd wear pretty much the same outfit every day if I could! Trying to dress as professional as I can for as long as I can though...but I make no promises for that last month! :P

      Delete
  28. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...