Sunday 6 April 2014

Casual Weekend Maternity Wear - Third Trimester Maxi Skirts and Bright Bags

Here's what I wore on Saturday:
away from blue maternity wear stretch regular tank maxi skirt bright clutch for colour

Balenciaga mangue yellow envelope clutch
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklace:  gifted beaded statement necklace from local markets
Top: Cotton On 'eternity' tank in charcoal marle
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus beaded neon and gold and black and gold bracelet set
BagBalenciaga envelope clutch in 2012 mangue with giant 12 RGGH


Busy Saturday! We test drove another car, stopped by the in-laws and did some more baby shopping :) Wanted to be comfortable and cool with the heat. Picked my usual pregnancy default of a maxi skirt, and as I'd worn a grey tank decided to add some colour with accessories. Thought that the bright yellow clutch looked quite nice with the yellow stones in the necklace.


Last worn: Ray-ban wayfarergrey marle tank, black maxi skirt, Havaianas, Balenciaga mangue clutch.



Here's what I wore today:
Away From Blue Pregnancy adding colour with a bright bag aqua and grey Oscar's law

Rebecca Minkoff aquamarine mini MAC clutch bag balenciaga wrap bracelet
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceHouse of Harlow 5 station necklace in black and silver
TopOscar's Law 'Break the puppy trade' tee
SkirtTarget grey marle maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC with python embossed leather in aquamarine


Maxi skirt again! They really are the easiest pregnancy outfit option - especially on hot days! Added some colour to my outfit with my cute little aquamarine RM mini MAC bag.  Felt this tee was a good one to wear today with puppy farming and the sale of puppies in pet stores being in the news again recently. I don't agree with selling dogs in pet stores at all, 'adopt don't shop' is what I always say! :) We adopted Cooper from our local shelter and we are so grateful to have our furry little pup! You can sign a petition here to ask Westfield to stop pet stores selling animals in their shopping centres if you are interested.


Last worn: Ray-ban (see above), Oscar's Law teegrey marle maxi skirt, Havaianas (see above), Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC.

Linking up with Sunday Style, Monday Must-Haves, Mix It Mondays, Manic Monday, Style Sessions today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

45 comments:

  1. Jersey maxis are the best. You look great

    X. Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all these bright accessories! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking gorgeous as always!! You have the best bags! Love that clutch!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bright bags are the best to brighten up your whole look! Love it :)
    Rathana xo FabFashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bags are always so fabulous Mica. I love this yellow clutch you're rocking in the first outfit!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your beautiful and colourful necklaces and bracelets! I agree also not buying pets from the pet store. I sometimes see chinchillas being sold there. Stores don't know how to take good care of them and it just saddens me seeing them all copped up in a small space with light constantly blasting at them (they are nocturnal).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sad seeing pets stuck in little display cages at the pet stores! :( I hope that soon that will be a thing of the past! :)

      Delete
  7. I love your teal purse here. It is so gorgeous. You have a great maternity style.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that tee! Maxi skirts are the thing! Love that statement necklace in the first photo. I can't wait to see what car you get. Hurry!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought one yesterday Kim! :D It's being ordered in so it will be a while before we get it though :(

      Delete
  9. You are looking as lovely as ever and glowing even more! I need to catch up on your posts darling, excuse my absence of late but been loving all your looks on Instagram BTW. Hope you're well!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bag and jewellery matching. Hope you found some lovely things whilst shopping for bub. I'm going to be broke when I start that kind of shopping, everything is so cute I'm going to want to buy it all!

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very difficult not to buy everything, haha!

      Delete
  11. maxi skirts and dresses make it so easy to look put together while still being incredibly comfy! Hope you had a good weekend!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving the oscar's law tee, and how you glammed up these casual looks with your bright bags! they're starting to ban pet stores around where i live, thankfully!

    xo,
    gabby
    Like A Little Fox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just fainted over that Yelllow B!!! OMG. tdf! your collection is mind blowing! Please send us some more heat..I want more... :). You look super cute in both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm more than happy to send some heat your way - I'm waiting for it to cool down here!

      Delete
  14. That yellow clutch is gorgeous and perfect addition of color to your outfit. I agree that adoption is so much better. My hubby & son wants a dog but I am not ready for one just yet.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best to wait until you're all ready, will be easier that way! :)

      Delete
  15. I plan on living in maxi skirts once I hit the third trimester (and the weather warms up!) you look fabulous! And I LOVE that bright colored clutch!
    xo
    http://moderndaymomblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it is hard to pick other items over maxi skirts at the moment!

      Delete
  16. Love the casual outfits with a pop of color with your bags! Great looks!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That clutch is awesome! And you know how to dress your bump so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still learning every day!

      Delete
  18. WESTFIELD SELL ANIMALS?? Oh hell no.

    As I get over from the shock (can't believe I haven't seen this before, whyyyy) I just have to say that you don't hold back on your bags do you! Balenciaga and Rebecca Minkoff oh in my dreams. You lucky girl.

    If I haven't said this before (which I'm sure I have because I HEART POOCHES) your dog is so beautiful. Danni the shitzu mix from rosemaryofelephants land says Hey, Cooper.

    Hope you're having a lovely day. Rosemary x
    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should share some pics of Danni on your blog :)

      And yes I do have a bit of a bag addiction :P haha!

      Delete
  19. Maxi skirts look so beautiful on you, I definitely need to get one myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh theres that cool colourful necklace from the market again - gosh I love the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That yellow bag is so cute and yes maxi skirts are the best!
    yhttp://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are such a cute pregnant mama. and the gray + yellow color combo are one of my fav's. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for the sweet thoughts. Stay in touch.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you use your bags as a statement piece for each of your outfits! You have such a great selection of colors and styles! I use the same bag every day- I think you would would be miserable if you had to live with my sad bag existence! Ha ha. :)
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I just find it fun to switch up my bags every now and then! :) I know other people prefer to indulge in different things! :)

      Delete
  24. Your bags are gorgeous. I really love that yellow clutch!

    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look lovely in the long skirts and tops! Your dog is just adorable.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mica pregnancy is definitely agreeing with you. You look absolutely radiant!

    x Mandi
    www.findmeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is probably on your blog somewhere but I'm asking it here too! How long have you been building your handbag collection? It's just so fabulous and you really have a great range of pieces- today's is no exception! Really glad that our blog worlds crossed! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few years! Maybe 6 or 7? it's been so long I can't remember haha!

      Delete
  28. maxi skirts are my go to staples too, pregnancy or not it's so nice for when you just want to feel comfortable! the mangue is a clever little option for adding some colour. i really wish i had more colourful bags, the velo in your previous post is tdf!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I fully expect to just end up in nothing but maxi skirts near the end of my pregnancy as comfort wins out, haha! :) I do like my little bright bags now and then, but love the neutrals too!

      Delete
  29. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...