Tuesday 3 June 2014

Casual Third Trimester Outfits: Stretchy Tops and Maxi Skirts. RM Mini MAC and MbMJ Fran Bags

Here's what I wore on Monday:
Blue and Grey third trimester pregnancy outfit blazer tank maxi skirt RM mini MAC

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC bag
Jacket: thrifted Valleygirl pinstripe blazer (new purchase)
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
SingletJeanswest 'Jenni' singlet in indigo blue
SkirtTarget grey marle maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC


Had a few errands to run on Monday and an acupuncture session. As it was a little chilly in the morning, decided to wear the other blazer I found at the op-shop on my shopping trip a few weeks back. I think it looks okay, although there really is no chance of it being buttoned over the giant baby bump, haha! Was easy to take off and on as the temperatures changed through the day.


Last worn: Jeanswest blue singlet, Target grey maxi skirtHavaianas, metallic mini MAC. First time I've worn the blazer as it's a recent purchase.



Here's what I wore today:
non maternity clothes in third trimester: stretchy tee and jersey maxi skirt

Marc by Marc Jacobs Carob Brown Fran Bag worn on shoulder
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
Tee: Roger and Peach screen printed doily heart tee in lilac bought at the Rocks Markets in Sydney
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes pink clic clac
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


Another simple maxi skirt outfit, this time with a pretty pastel tee. Spent lots of time relaxing today, so this was a nice comfortable outfit. Looked okay for a doctor's appointment and lunch with DH too.

I really am so glad I discovered stretchy maxi skirts work just as well during pregnancy as they do before it. They have been the most comfortable things to wear, and I feel more put together than if I was walking around in trackie dacks. Although I do confess that trackie dacks are my outfit of choice when I'm at home bouncing on my exercise ball to relieve some of the pregnancy back aches! Much more practical than a skirt in that situation.


For those of you who can still shop online without worrying that you'll miss the parcel arriving as you're in hospital having a baby...thought I'd share, Asos are having a dress sale.
25 % off selected dresses, no code needed! Shop here.


Last worn: lilac heart print teeJeanswest jersey maxi skirt, Havaianas (see above), Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag.

Linking up with Real Mum Style, Stylish Tuesday, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Trend Spin Linkup, Wardrobe Wednesday, WIWW, Colour Brigade, What I Wore today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

38 comments:

  1. I always love when you wear RM handbags. My favorite! The silver is fun. I agree, maxi skirts are so comfortable. It's great when you can find something that you can wear before, during, and after pregnancy. That makes it a good investment. Glad you got to relax some!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always find the cutest thrifted blazers! that lilac tee is such a pretty color. i had to look up what "trackie dacks" meant, haha. i don't know why, but it sounds so funny to me!! i bet a lot of american slang sounds funny to you too! :)

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah it's an Aussie thing! I think you call them tracksuit pants? Which sounds very formal!

      Delete
  3. Every time I visit your blog I am blown away at how easy you make pregnancy look! AND.....I want to steal each and every one of your handbags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lace heart is too cute! I love that soft blue & gray on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bump is adorable! Maxi skirts are one thing I have never worn, you make them look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't worn a maxi skirt during my current pregnancy. It's such a versatile item so I'm not sure why I haven't worn one? Maybe because I find pants so much easier, especially when running around after young children. You are looking superb and your bump is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find maxi skirts good for the heat as I've been pregnant over summer and autumn, so I gravitate towards maxi skirts rather than pants :) Plus I don't have much luck finding pants that fit well, skirts are more forgiving - pregnant or not!

      Delete
  7. i def love maxi skirts! and the blazer is cute too, i think i can make out the details on the lapels.. you'll def be able to wear it properly once you've popped ;) xx

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hopefully not long before baby pops out! haha. I wish it was that easy ;)

      Delete
  8. You have been rocking maxis during this pregnancy, Mica. Love the casual gray jacket, lavender tee and that beautiful silver bag.

    P.S. I am guessing it's a boy since he is taking his time. LOL

    Hope all goes well till the end and you are both safe, happy and healthy. =)))

    <3 Ada - keeping you in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, baby is definitely taking his/her time to arrive!

      Delete
  9. Those maxi skirts will come in handy post - baby too as your body readjust. Always looking so great!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blazer is so sweet, it looks likes a crop blazer with mini bump, though! Hope your acupuncture session was relaxing for you. How long do you have left now? I guess we will all know when there is a slight pause in post upload! Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes there will be a gap in posts while I'm in hospital for sure! Baby is overdue so the arrival....no idea!

      Delete
  11. Love these looks!!! I think the blazer looks super cute with the baby bump :)
    And the second bag is gorgeouuusss!
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Don't forget to check my Shopbop gift card giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maxi skirts seem like the way to go, so stretchy and comfy. And you have a silver mini mac? so smitten.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that heart t-shirt so much!!

    I am literally counting down every day with you :) Can't wait! Hope you're feeling ok.

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Londyn! I can't wait either, it's so exciting! Just focusing on the fact that baby will be here soon, more than the discomforts. Plus my exercise ball is really handy for helping with back pain! :)

      Delete
  14. I know it is nice today that women have so many options when it comes to "maternity" clothes, do not really have to buy a whole new wardrobe anymore.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh I'm sure stretchy maxi skirts are a godsend - I love how chic yet comfortable you look in both!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at that bump! You look amazing!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  17. All great information here Mica. You are staying on top of it all even while wondering about baby's arrival. So nice to hear from you. ♥, Renae

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your handbags stay amazing! And you look so good :). I hope the pregnancy is still going well! And you look like a glowing happy mom!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wonder if you could wear your comfy maxi skirts as dresses with a cardi or tied button down shirt… and I promise to write a post on what i have learned in 5 years of blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could certainly give that a try! Maybe once baby has arrived, might be too short if I tried it now! :)
      Look forward to that post! :)

      Delete
  20. I seriously love all the different ways you've been styling your maxi skirts. I'm definitely not as creative as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! I think wanting to wear them as much as possible has let me come up with some different ideas about how to wear them :)

      Delete
  21. oh, that little silver bag looks very interesting, nice find:) Maxi skirts are comfortable, indeed. More over they are so chic, to my mind:) Such a great post turned out, I enjoyed it very much!
    Take care;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Marc Jacobs bag gets me every time...such a great color and size :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so nice that you found a balance between comfort and style. I know it's very important for you to be comfortable in your third trimester. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy. :D

    Wish&Wear

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the metallic bag! The accessories are a really great way to glam up the comfortable look!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  25. you are rocking the pregnancy look! those stretchy maxi's seem like a life saver!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm having some serious bag envy!

    xo, Megan Ann

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look adorable.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are giving me hope I can still look stylish to the very end!

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...