Tuesday 15 July 2014

Jeanswest Maternity Skinny Jeans, Dressing Up A Stay At Home Outfit As A New Mother

I'm blogging less often as life revolves around newborn baby T and I spend a lot of time in pyjamas. No one wants to see my daggy PJs, so I only blog when I've got dressed and had time to take a picture.


Here's what I wore to have visitors drop by:
Scarf: red and black skull print scarf
Top: Chicabooti red fine knit jumper (with Cotton On red singlet underneath)
JeansJeanswest maternity skinny jeans in black
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual


One of our friends let us know that they were passing by and wanted to drop by and spend some time with baby T. Thought that I'd add a scarf to the plain knit and jeans outfit to dress it up a little for visitors. We even had time to clean the house a little before everyone came by. Quite a productive day!

I have a lot of accessories I can use to dress up outfits - but I haven't been wearing jewellery a lot. Usually before baby I'd wake up, know what I was going to wear and pick the accessories from my jewellery stand next to the bed. Now, I'm woken up by baby T and getting dressed can happen quite a few hours after I've gotten up and made him happy! Scarves are great for that, they are nice "afterthoughts" to an outfit I've hurriedly pulled on but they help make it look a little more put together. I keep mine right by the door too, so it's easy to grab one on the way out. Haven't worn this one in a long time (over two years!), but thought that it went perfectly with this outfit.


Last worn: skull print scarf, red knit, red singlet, maternity skinny jeans, Converse.



Here's what I wore to go to a doctor's appointment:
JacketJuicy Couture Zip Hoodie in Lilac
Top: Best and Less blue stripe breastfeeding singlet
Jeans:  Jeanswest maternity super skinny jeans in antique blue
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete


My family came over to spend some time with baby T. We had lunch, and they were able to baby sit while I popped out to a doctor's appointment. It was sunny and warm, so I just wore my Havaianas.

This is just another "stay at home mum outfit". I tend not to put too much effort into what I wear if I'm just going to the doctors! It would have looked really nice with a necklace, but baby T can be a bit grabby sometimes and I don't want him getting tangled up in any of my necklaces.

The hoodie was a lovely gift from my bestie, she's so generous! We both have a love of Juicy Couture trackie dacks for lounging at home or dog walking. I've been wearing mine a lot more often now, spending so much time at home. The hoodies have been popping up on the blog too as some days a blazer or leather jacket seems too dressed up and a cardigan is just too thin for the winter weather. They are a nice casual cover up.


Last worn: striped singlet, maternity skinny jeans, Havaianas, Balenciaga tempete day bag. First time I've worn the jacket as it is a recent gift.

Linking up with Real Mum Style, Stylish Tuesday, Style Sessions, WIWW, Wardrobe Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, Spotlight Weekly, Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

35 comments:

  1. Pleased to see everything is going well. You look great! Take it a bit easy. Enjoy every single second. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both outfits are cute Mica! Motherhood is so awesome. You have the best friends and family. Enjoy each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first outfit mamma. The scarf and sweater play off each-other nicely. Hope baby T is doing well, Mica. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right about scarves, they are a great addition to add some punch to an outfit. It's amazing what accessories can do!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your black & red outfit. it's adorable and you look so put together! i agree that scarves are easy accessories that can do so much for an outfit. the color of your lilac hoodie is really pretty too!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely in the orange outfit - the scarf is perfect. The Converse are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. casual looks are always the best :)

    would love to invite you to link up this look as well! --
    Rhea, Et Cetera - Style to Inspire

    happy tuesday!
    rhea | Rhea, Et Cetera

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have transitioned from working lady to mummy really smoothly! Stay comfy as that is the most important thing right now! I think you are still maintaining the chic-factor on what you are wearing and doing a great job at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I can stay at home for a bit - no way could I fit into all my work pencil skirts, haha!

      Delete
  9. I am starting to wear scarves at home too. It is a easy way to feel dressed and make an effort whilst staying comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that using a scarf or another accessory is a great way to dress up a simple tee. You are looking great Mica!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are looking so well! Scarves are a great way to jazz up an outfit, and your first outfit in particular looks wonderful and like something I would wear at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic. I love how you are wearing the scarf. I need to start getting more adventurous with scarves. I only really know how to wear them the one way which only works with so many outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to wear them the same way a lot actually! :)

      Delete
  13. You look so adoreable, I really like the black and red otufit ... it's very chic and casual
    Thanks for the lovely comment and birthday wishes.
    /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adore this looks on you!
    The first one is my favourite! That red touch amazing!
    Check out my new post if you want ;)
    Love, Lima xoxo

    www.limaswardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love scarves too-they definitely spruce up a more casual look!! These are both cute & comfy looks on you!
    Marta, xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree that scarves pull a look together and make it a little more put together feeling. Is it chilly where you are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's winter her in Queensland so chilly in the mornings and evenings :)

      Delete
  17. You are looking great after baby! Hope all is well! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aren't scarves the bomb! Cover everything, add some style and colour, and I even wear them in my hair. You Look Fabulous! x Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to wear them in my hair too! I used to do that a lot, not so much now.

      Delete
  19. The black and red is my favourite. I absolutely love scarves and have too many to count and yours look great on you. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to acquire a pile of them without thinking, haha!

      Delete
  20. So cute! Love it! :) Hope motherhood is incredible. I am just now getting to the part of life where I am thinking about those things. You rock those jeans!

    www.bellevieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all for your supportive comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So great to read that friends and family are being so supportive. This is not always the case, I have a friend who i invited over for dinner a few months back and asked her to bring her 2 year old. She was so excited as she mentioned that now that she has a baby she is not invited so often as people would rather have her not bring the baby :/
    I think you look so nice in both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a shame that she isn't invited out as often! It's nice to get out of the house now and then with a baby - or even without baby if you have a good baby sitter! :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...