Wednesday 5 November 2014

Spring Camis and Maxi Skirt Outfits

With the warmer weather, I've been enjoying wearing my cami tops again. I always say to myself I'll wear them over winter all layered up, but I never do, they seem to be kept for warm days.

Here's what I wore to go shopping with my mum:
Boho outfit printed cami long necklace colour block maxi skirt chloe marcie bag
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
Top: Jeanswest Audrey tonal print tank
SkirtAsos colour block maxi skirt in red (on sale!)
Shoes: Wittner 'Columbia' cross strap sandals in tan
BagChloe Marcie medium hobo bag in Nut


Another super hot day when I wore this - just like the day before! Baby T and I headed out with my mum to the local Westfield to keep cool in their air conditioning and to try get more Christmas shopping done. Had a productive trip! Mum got lots of things that she needed, and she treated baby T and I to a few things too. As we had the stroller, I took the chance to use a handbag as well as the baby bag. The baby bag rests on the stroller leaving my arms free for my own bag if I choose.

It's been over a year since I last wore this printed top. To be honest, I don't always like the way it sits as it's really long on me, so it doesn't get worn often. But I really liked wearing it tucked into the maxi skirt, so it's staying in my wardrobe for the time being.

I posted an instagram pic of this outfit - and it's my first instagram with the new "Like to Know It" service! If you sign up for Like to Know It, and you like any of my instagrams with the #liketkit hashtag, you'll get an email with all of the details of the products I've showcased. Thought I'd give it a try, let me know if you find it useful.


Last worn: printed cami, colour block maxi skirt, Wittner sandals, Chloe Marcie hobo bag.



Here's what I wore to have some visitors over:
Floral printed ruffle cami top grey marle target jersey maxi skirt outfit
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Cami: Jeanswest 'Amber' floral print ruffle cami
SkirtTarget grey marle maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs


Still a really hot day! I'd actually picked this outfit out the day before, just like I used to do. This floral top I thought would pair nicely with the colour blocked maxi I wore previously, but I didn't like the combination when I put it together, so I ended up wearing the other printed top above. I tried the floral cami on with the grey maxi skirt instead and liked it better, so set the outfit aside to wear the next day.

We were going to have a busy morning with the other mums and bubs from our mothers group, and I'd been looking forward to it. However, baby T had a pretty disturbed night (probably due to the heat!) so I decided we'd stay home instead after running a few errands. Wore what I'd planned to anyway, and I'm glad I did as we got lots of visitors later that afternoon and I felt suitably dressed. Would have been embarrassing if I'd been having a pyjama day when people started showing up ;)

While I'm on maternity leave for a little longer, it is nice to be able to continue to wear the things in my wardrobe and not just default to jeans and a tee all the time. Although there are still some days where I just want a good denim outfit, or days when I don't even manage to get dressed, most of the time I'm trying to have fun with what I own and actually wear things in my wardrobe instead of "saving" them for special occasions.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, floral cami, grey jersey maxi skirt, Havaianas.




Linking up with Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore, Style Me Wednesday, Throw Back Thursdays, Three-Fer Thursday, Sequins and Style today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

23 comments:

  1. Love both outfits. You are a maxi skirt styling master!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxis are still, 8 months later, my favorite postpartum outfit staple. I felt like they flattered my new body and hid my post baby "pooch." Plus you cant beat their comfort!

    Love your looks!

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the reasons I love maxis too! They are fantastic! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the maxi's! My fave is the first one.

    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!

    L,
    Vicky
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those camis look great Mica! They look awesome on you! I like them with the straighter skirt. So pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the same thing - and I never ever do! I layer fitted tanks but not camis. And they'd really look awesome!

    I tuck my camis into full skirts but haven't tried a tube maxi. I might give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I wear them next autumn, but who knows, I say that every year, haha!

      Delete
  6. you look so chic and comfy in the maxi skirts! How's motherhood going? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you! It's tiring, but fun! :)

      Delete
  7. Whenever I see a maxi skirt, it reminds me of you. Haha, you are the queen of this hemline trend! Love that colorblocked one :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indulging in my maxi love while on my maternity leave, I'll be so sad to go back to office pencil skirts, haha!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I really love that colour blocked maxi Mica. And, you look lovely in these outfits, perfect for your nice weather. /Madison xx
    Style Files: Patterned

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh you suit maxi skirts so well!!! I love that first one - so pretty! I try to wear them and I just look odd.. I'm so jealous! haha. I hope you and baby T are doing well. oh and I use two bags - one nappy and one handbag I think its so much easier hey? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to find the right maxi, seriously! :) You would look great in anything! :)

      I think the two bag system is so much easier when you're using the stroller all the time. But when it's hands on with baby, one bag is best for me :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful looks! That color blocking maxi skirt is one of a kind! So pretty! I hope baby is doing well!
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always pull off maxi skirts flawlessly! Love both looks! Can't wait to pull mine out again once we get past this Autumn/Winter seasons.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fact that you can wear maxi skirts to hide lumps and bumps although I know that's not the case with you! I also tend to wear them when my legs need a shave! They are so comfy though. I like how you style both of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha those are two very good reasons why I wear maxi skirts ;) they are very forgiving!

      Delete
  13. I always love seeing all your pretty maxi skirts.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's getting warmer over there and here our rainy season is almost over !
    I've always thought you do a great job with those maxi skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your kind comments - and shared love for a maxi skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow those maxi skirts are fab! I love them so much! You definitely make me want to have one of me own. So jealous you can wear warm things right now. I'm practically in Antarctica lol

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...