Friday 14 November 2014

Spring Dresses Again! With Ankle Boots and Converse Chucks

More spring dresses! I am going to be very lost when baby T gets mobile and I need something more suitable than dresses to run around in, they are getting a work out this season.


Here's what I wore to go to my mother's group:
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceHouse of Harlow Dynamic necklace in gold
Dress: Jeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress (new purchase, on sale!)
ShoesAcne pistol boots in "skin"


This dress is the first piece I've purchased for myself in November, after managing not to buy myself anything in October. Despite being my first clothing purchase in a while, it's not a well-thought out wardrobe need, it's a "I stopped by a Jeanswest sale and it was in my size" kinda purchase. I know I don't need any more dresses....but I still love it regardless! It's sure to get a lot of wear. It was on sale and there was the extra friends and family 40% off on top of the sale price, great score. It's still on sale online, just not with the extra discount.

For the first outing, I wore it with the ankle boots to go to my mother's group. The dress is a nice length so that it's easy to sit around and play with baby T and the other babies during tummy time without having too be too careful how I sit! The only thing I wish I'd changed about this outfit was my hair - it is just calling out for some nice beachy waves, but I was running behind already and had no time to do anything other than tie my hair back and hope for the best.


Last worn: Ray-ban Wayfarers, Acne Pistol boots. First time I've worn the dress as it's a new purchase.



Here's what I wore to go out to the doctors:
DressAtmos&Here 'California' drop waist tee dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black


Another Converse and dress outfit! I like the simplicity of that combination when I'm going to be baby wearing. Wasn't going anywhere special, just a short trip to the doctors with baby T.

The last time I wore this dress I wore it with the same Converse too, just with other accessories. Kept it a little more simple and pared back this time around. It was quite warm so I didn't add a scarf to accessorise, as it can get kinda toasty on a hot day with a baby strapped to you.

I did regret not having a scarf when a freshly-fed baby T decided that the walk to the doctor was too bouncy, and as a result spit up some milk on my shoulder as we sat in the waiting room! Thank goodness for baby wipes, they are the number one must-haves for life with baby. I hear that they remain an essential even as baby grows into a big kid too ;)


Last worn: drop-waist striped dress, Converse.





Linking up with Fab Favourites, Passion For Fashion, Casual Friday today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

25 comments:

  1. HI Mica, I like both looks.
    I guess one can never have too many dresses, that Jeanwest purchase I would have gone for too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can never have too many dresses! Although my overflowing wardrobes would indicate otherwise, haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving that casual comfy look! And oh... I love Converse! A must-have for everyone!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dresses! I'm a huge fan of Converse and spring dresses, too. Your booties look so terrific with that adorable dress. Have a wonderful weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these dress outfits on you! The stripes with the chucks are adorable and I love the printed dress with the booties! So cute for a mommy group outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first dress on you and agree with the hair part..it is indeed calling out for beachy waves!! I have not been good with shopping in oct....hoping nov will be different but its bad what with all these sales and 40% offs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the sales now are so tempting! I'm trying to tell myself that instead of buying, I can ask someone for it for Christmas....haha!

      Delete
  6. Love those nude booties! So jealous of the lovely weather you're having. Have a great weekend!

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute looks and your dog is adorable :)

    Regards,

    www.agirlinafrica.com

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best things about warmer weather (for me anyway) is to be able to wear dresses. It's hassle free (one piece, hello) and so comfy and cool (who can stand pants in the summer! I need ventilation lol). You look really cute in both of them. I especially adore the striped one of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww i just love your dresses Mica, you look lovely in it <3

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dresses! I wish it was spring on my side of the world.

    Love the chucks as well ;)

    xo,
    miranda

    thechicstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so funny to read that you're having Spring when it's almost freezing in where I live, makes me miss the heat even more! You have such a great style, really, both outfits are so well put together, you look so effortless chic in both!
    Have a great one with your family :)

    http://roomxcv.blogspot.com | Room 95

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I'll send you some heat, we have too much here!

      Delete
  12. Love both these outfits - the first one with the dress and boots is so boho chic! =)

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the drop waist dress each time I see it on you. Both dresses are really beautiful..you can never have too many dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely in both dresses.
    I love the first dress styled with booties.

    Thank you for linking with Passion4Fashion LinkUp where I am co-hosting with Rachel.
    Angele
    Following you on bloglovin - I'd be thrilled if you could follow me back:) https://www.bloglovin.com/theeuropeanmalteser

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute outfits! really liking your dresses!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. dresses and drop waists...cannot lose!

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the black striped dress. You look lovely. You can always get wears out of dresses, I love them. Wishing you a wonderful week Mica. xx/Madison
    The Darkest Days

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first dress looks absolutely amazing on you Mica! What a great purchase! Plus, it didn't break the bank. Looks stunning on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, extra 40% off sale price is always good for my wallet! :)

      Delete
  19. Oh I hope you find what you've been looking for! Jeanswest do have this in a top too, worth checking our maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...