Monday 15 December 2014

Comfortable Dressing: Black Maxi Skirts and Tanks. Animal Print, Sparkle and Stripes

2 more DARECEMBER style challenge outfits, and it just happened to be two black maxi skirt outfits! A very comfortable couple of days.

Here's what I wore to go out to the post office:
Tank: Jeanswest animal print racer back singlet
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


The style challenge for the day was "in the wild" so I knew I'd have to wear something with a bit of animal print in it. Went with this tank. Last time I wore it I mentioned that although it's rarely worn, it always seems to survive my wardrobe clear outs. I think that's because while I don't love it, there's nothing wrong with it. It's comfortable and easy to wear, and the print is different from any of my other tanks. I wore it with the intention of finally making my mind up about if it should stay or go in my wardrobe, and to be honest I'm still on the fence! So it's staying in my wardrobe again for now, will see how I feel next time I wear it!

This was a casual and comfy outfit - I didn't have much to do so comfort was the most important thing. We spent the morning finally setting up the Christmas tree (so behind with that!) and then in a break in the drizzle I went out for a walk with baby T and Cooper as we had to mail some parcels. Was a little bit behind with Christmas presents and cards too!


Last worn: animal print tank, black maxi skirt, Havaianas, Marc by Marc Jacobs baby bag.



Here's what I wore to go out in the morning and have lunch in the afternoon:
TopFrench Connection feather foil singlet
SkirtTarget black and white striped maxi skirt
Shoes: Wittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals


A little bit of a busy day! Baby T and I went to the library rhyming session with my mother in law, and then we went out for a family lunch in the afternoon with everyone. It didn't take long for baby T to leave his milky mark on this tank, but hopefully the pretty sparkle distracted everyone from the spit-up!

The style challenge for the day was "all black", but I thought I'd be a little different by adding some stripes and colour through the glitter on the tank. As it was another rainy day, the darker outfit seemed quite fitting. Again, no bag of my own as I just carried the baby bag.


You might notice the difference in quality between the first and last photos! In all the excitement of setting up the Christmas decorations and taking lots of photos of baby T's first Christmas tree...I managed to damage my camera. The lens hit the ground and it's definitely not in working order any more. I've been on maternity leave for 6 months now, and with Christmas as well....the budget can't really stretch to replace the camera. Thankfully, the camera was insured against accidents (for clumsy people like me!). It means it won't cost us much to fix it, but we do have to go through the process laid out by the insurer. There are a lot of insurance claims at the moment in Brisbane after the super storms we had a few weeks back, so it is completely understandable that the claim to fix my camera is quite low priority.

I've reverted back to the little point and shoot I first used for the blog. It will be self timer photos for a while. I don't know how long I'll have to use this camera for, but hopefully not long. I'd really like to have my camera back and fixed so I can take lots of photo and video for baby's first Christmas....just reminding myself that I'm lucky to have still kept my old camera to fall back to, and that the camera was insured and that the claim we are waiting on is for something so small and non-essential.


Last worn: glitter singlet, striped maxi skirt, studded sandals.





Linking up with Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Real Mum Style, What I Wore, Wardrobe Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

33 comments:

  1. You are always doing the best stuff with Baby T. Love your looks.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove the striped skirt so much! -xx

    Shauna

    Lipgloss And Lace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love maxis so much, Your second outfit with the striped maxi is my favourite, and great for the style challenge, but both looks are nice. I use both my point and shoot and dslr, but lately iPhone has been a saving grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My phone comes in helpful too, but not so good for self-timer photos...maybe I need a stand for it, as I can't use the tripod with it!

      Delete
  4. Haha I was thinking maybe the lens was dogged or maybe someone who isn't as experience took the last photo for you! Now it made sense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I don't think my regular camera is capable of taking photos as bad as that one.... :P It took me a while to remember how to use the old little point and shoot again and get kinda okay photos.

      Delete
  5. I love that animal print top! It's flirty and fun yet day-appropriate! You are just the cutest mom! I love coming over to your blog and seeing your adorable outfits! Thanks for sharing dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's luck having the camera insured but aside from all the other insurance claims they'd be dealing with I would have thought yours could be wrapped up within a few moments no? People love making life complicated don't they.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I guess it would be a quick claim to fix up, but they'd have a lot of more urgent ones to take care of before they got to mine :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, your poor camera! Mine is practically vintage now, over 7 years old. It's held up well.

    Love your maxis! You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do so well with your camera! I need to find that post where you shared tips for low-light photos, I struggle when it's overcast and raining!

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous! Love the dress

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I always love your signature style of maxi skirts and dresses, Mica. Those tank tops I must say are two of the cutest ones you own. I also love Animasl Print. Hope your baby boy is doing well. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quickly becoming my signature style! Just so comfortable with baby!

      Delete
  10. I always love your style Mica! They're comfy and fashionable as well!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a bummer about your camera! Good thing you had it insured! You do maxi skirts and dresses so well! I love these looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so lucky to have had it insured! :)

      Delete
  12. That second outfit is so gorgeous! I love the hints of color in that top. (:

    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know that I aboslutely adore your Maxi skirt collection because they look so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh shame about the camera! Lucky that it was insured!
    Love both looks - you seriously pull off maxis like no other!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a great way to bring out black. love both the animal print and stripes! both outfits look good on you. sorry about your camera Mica. stuff always happens at the damnedest of times.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true! i was so upset, I cried a lot...haha. But in the end, it's only a camera! :)

      Delete
  16. I adore both stripes and animal print; so, I'm loving both looks--equally! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no my camera was just damaged as well after a drop:( You look great in these maxi's, very cute and comfy looking!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no hope you managed to get your camera fixed!

      Delete
  18. I love maxi's so much! They can so easily be dressed up or down. I love the striped maxi that you got from Target. That is definitely something I wouldn't mind having in my closet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's a very cute tank, hang on to it!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maxi skirts really are the way to go! I had always held off buying them and a friend lent me one when I visited her, and I have never looked back!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness...that second outfit is perfect! I'd wear that in a second :) Sorry to hear about your camera! But I'm glad it was insured...otherwise that would REALLY stink.

    Dayna
    So Fashionably Frugal

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you all for your kind comments - and commiserations on the camera!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...