Friday 20 February 2015

Slouchy Tees and Jersey Maxi Skirts. Comfy SAHM Style

Gong Xi Fa Cai to those who are celebrating the Lunar New Year! We have postponed our celebrations until the weekend, hoping that the weather is better in time for baby T's first new year! He's sure to get lots of ang pao!


Still a bit delayed with sharing outfit pics, here's what I wore last week. Baby T caught some kind of bug and kindly decided to share it with the family. It was a couple of days of just grabbing whatever was clean to wear, and not really thinking about leaving the house. When everyone was feeling better I finally ventured out, but wanted cosy and comfortable clothes to wear. So I wore my maxi skirts!


Here's what I wore to go out shopping with my mum:
Slouchy casual SAHM style boxy tee grey marle jersey maxi skirt outfit

Balenciaga 2009 tempete giant hardware G21 day bag worn on shoulder
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
Top: Supre pink boxy tee
SkirtTarget grey marle maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete


Took the chance to get dressed and get some fresh air by heading to the shops with my mum and baby T. It was good to get out of the house, even if it was just going to Woolies! Was good we were well enough to do so! We were also desperately in need of some essentials for baby, so we stocked up on them.

I wanted to wear something colourful, and remembered this tee. I found it in my big wardrobe clean out when we were turning the spare room that was my wardrobe room into a nursery for baby. I'd told myself I'd keep it as it's a great basic top, and I love the colour, so I was sure to wear it again....and this is the first time I've worn it since. As if that isn't bad enough, I have the same top in grey as well, also unworn! I can see from the blog that I haven't worn the tops in 3 years! Definitely fits the Putting Me Together style challenge prompt of something you haven't worn in 6+ months!
There is so much to love about this top - it's super soft, it's a gorgeous colour, and it's so simple and flattering. But I don't wear it! Maybe because it slides off my shoulders now and then. I even had a quick look at some of my pre-blog photos, as I was sure I had worn it a lot when I first bought it years and years ago...and couldn't find a single photo of it (although I did find a pic of me wearing the grey version at a surprise engagement party my family threw for us).

It's time for this top and the grey one to leave my wardrobe. Not worth holding onto it if I never wear them! I did find myself thinking at the end of the day that I could hold onto this tee, maybe take it to the tailor and bring the neckline in a bit so it stays in place....as I do love it. But I don't really think it's worth any additional investment, or I would have done that a long time ago. So two tops leaving my wardrobe!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, grey marle maxi skirt, Havaianas, Balenciaga tempete Day bag. First and last wearing of the top on the blog.



Here's what I wore to go visit a friend today:
Grey tee stripe maxi skirt Balenciaga hobo bag slouchy comfy casual SAHM outfit

Balenciaga 2009 tempte day bag Away from Blue Blog
Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart long necklace
TopAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves
SkirtTarget black and white striped maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Another comfortable outfit! I wear this skirt with grey tees a lot, wore it that way last time too. it's just such an easy option. Nice and casual for an afternoon chat with a friend.

Since wearing a proper necklace had went well the day before, I decided to wear another of my necklaces instead of the teething necklaces I've been wearing often. I regretted that choice pretty quickly though! After baby T had lunch, we headed out to meet a friend. Despite having the baby bag packed with toys, he wasn't interested in playing quietly on his own. It was difficult trying to have a conversation with him crawling all over me and flinging his toys around. Wished I'd worn one of the teething necklaces, as they always keep him occupied. Instead I was trying to grab this necklace out of his hands so that he didn't snap it, ha! Baby T is definitely still keeping me on my toes. There is always something new to learn, he's frequently surprising me (in a good way). I think I'm going to store one of the necklaces in the baby bag, just to have it handy for future outings.


Last worn: grey tee, striped maxi skirt, Havanaians (above), Balenciaga day (above).





Linking up wtih Passion for Fashion, Fashion Should be Fun, PMT Style Challenge, Skirtista Diaries, Style and Shenanigans Grey Colour Challenge today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

58 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are feeling better! :) You wear maxis so well - lovin' both outfits on you. I know what you mean about getting rid of things you haven't worn in a while; that's something I totally need to do too, I just keep putting it off haha!

    xTheresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I can always find reasons to keep things...trying to be a lot stricter this year with what stays in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, you look great! I love how easy slouchy tees are to throw on and always look great! <3

    I have a new outfit post on my blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt!!!!

    xx

    isa

    GIVE AWAY! www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these! maxi skirts suit you so well! Wish I could say the same for myself.
    And yep, the pictures are from Harry Potter land in Florida, haha ! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would look great in a maxi I'm sure! :) they are so easy to wear :)

      Delete
  5. Such cute outfits, so flowy and pretty!! I really can't wait for warmer weather here. Hope you are all feeling better. Enjoy your weekend.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! We are all feeling much better! :)

      Delete
  6. You do look amazing in maxi skirts - and no matter how nice a piece is, if you're not wearing it, it's got to go! Take some comfort in that it will be going to a better home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I think reading your blog has inspired me to let things go when they are just not working for me! :)

      Delete
  7. Both skirts are stunning! Love the longer skirts lately. xx

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style and your blog. Im so obsessed with this post. I love it !!
    ❥ ೋ.. I hope you like my blog too. ೋ.. ❥
    http://eeverywomen.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Baby T is feeling better. You look amazing. I love your maxi skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first look is amazing!
    I hope you had fun with your mom.

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am determined to wear LOADS of long cotton skirts like yours this summer :) That's all I have to say about it <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfits, the skirts are super pretty and I love how you styled them :)
    Hugs

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.de/2015/02/longing-for-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. isn't it too cold? haha. i like your outfit girl, looks so comfy!
    xx, Flora
    http://lapapillonnoire.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not here in Queensland! It's summer in Australia at the moment.

      Delete
  14. You make styling maxi skirts so simple! Teach me your ways haha. Have a great weekend Mica! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you just have to have a love for stretchy comfy elastic waistbands..and you find a way to make them work so you can have that comfort all the time! Squeezing back into a pencil skirt for work is gonna be haaaard!

      Delete
  15. Great outfit! I love the skirt!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, if you're not wearing an item then it's fine to let it leave your wardrobe. I love the first outfit, and maxi skirts are certainly a must-have in my wardrobe. Very versatile! You lovely Mica. x <3
    Weekend Style For Him

    ReplyDelete
  17. in Macau we say Kung Hei Fat Choi! love this combo and you look amazing. have a great lunar year!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kung Hei fat Choi! It's good there are so many ways to wish someone a happy new year :)

      Delete
  18. A huge fan of slouchy tees. I buy them multiple when I found something that fits well. They are perfect mommy wear for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have multiple versions of that grey tee in the second outfit...hehe. They are perfect mummy wear, you're right!

      Delete
  19. You look very comfy in your maxi and t-shirt combos :) I love how you accessorized both looks. I hope you all feel better now!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are all feeling much better!

      Delete
  20. You look lovely, like red and grey, and your style of skirts!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)


    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry to hear everyone has been sick! Glad you are on the mend. I love rediscovering favorite clothing items. Looks like a great tee!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the slate gray look of your bag. I loveeee Balenciaga bags and love the rose gold hardware on yours.
    Xo the fashionable ESQ
    http://thefashionableesq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's too bad about that beautiful coral top! Sometimes clothes may look beautiful on the hanger but just don't work for whatever reason--fit, sliding shoulders, etc. Good choice to donate it then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, much better to donate it to someone who will love it :)

      Delete
  24. Sorry to hear about the illness! Hope everyone is well now.

    Red looks so good on you! You should wear it more.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are all well :) It's actually more of a deep pink IRL, but either way it's a beautiful colour. Just not a style that I'm really loving right now, so will let it go :)

      Delete
  25. I totally love your House of Harlow necklace. I have the smaller one & am obsessed with it!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great outfit. I love the skirt!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're being so good about cleansing out your wardrobe! Way to go Mica :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I'm trying so hard as soon I'll have to unbox a big box of work clothes I stored away when I was pregnant and they didn't fit the baby bump....and there is no room in my wardrobe for them!

      Delete
  28. Both combos are very cute and perfect for a shopping-day! You look great!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love slouchy shirts too! I'm so glad we're simplifying our wardrobes together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have been directed to your blog by Kikki for some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  30. Looking lovely in both chic and comfy skirts! You know me, though, I really love stripes. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how you styled these maxi skirts! You look lovely! xo Andrea

    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  32. That bright coral/red shirt looks to pretty with the gray. I always struggle with grey, but I need to try that combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think grey looks great with everything! It's my favourite neutral :)

      Delete
  33. Super cute for both looks! Loving the grey skirt and red top. The color combination is great. I also really like the stripes paired with the grey! These are both great and I love long maxi skirts on you!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. love these outfits! the maxi skirts are beautiful on you!


    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  35. Shame, I do love that red top on you, but there is no point in holding onto something that you no longer use. Let it go to another home that will give it love and attention. (That's what I say anyway)

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, better to have someone who loves the top and wears it often than for me to have it hanging in my wardrobe unworn!

      Delete
  36. I see that this tshirt is another item being edited from your closet… as is the shirt I am wearing today :)
    I am not sure if I have asked what are you doing with the items you edit ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you've really being inspiring me with your editing wrap-up posts! :)

      For the things I get rid of, if they are damaged I just toss them. If they can be re-used (99% can!) I stick them in a big bag to donate to the AWLQ shelter (where we adopted Cooper). Every now and then I might go through the bags and try ebay some things, but most of the time I just go through, fold it all neatly and take it to the shelter!

      Delete
  37. That grey looks great with the pop of color. Always love it with the striped maxi skirt. Two great looks.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really like mine, you should get one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...