Monday 13 April 2015

Casual Skinny Jeans Outfits: With Prints and Colour. New Denim Purchase Reviews

Slowly we are starting to get some autumn weather in Brisbane. It's cooling down quite a bit in the mornings and evenings. I got the chance to wear more of my latest purchases; the skinny jeans I bought in March.

Last year I started sharing my purchases on the blog and giving myself the goal of wearing them twice in the month after I'd bought them, so I could review what I bought and see what worked and what didn't. I've found it really makes me think more before buying things. A lot of people give the advice that you should think of different ways to wear things before you buy them, it's nothing new. All I'm doing is putting that into practice. Knowing I'll need to come up with two different ways to wear something I buy because it's going to end up on the blog is helping me make more thoughtful purchases, and reducing the amount of impulse buys.

What I wore:

Away from Blue Casual Movie Date Outfit red skinny jeans Aztec print tank

Rebecca Minkoff quilted grey crossbody Love bag balenciaga wrap bracelet
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
TopAtmos&Here 'Florida' tank in Aztec print
Jeans: Emerson red skinny jeans
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey (mini version on sale in black!)

Why I wore it:

Last time I wore this tank I wore it with blue denim and a red bag. I really liked the colours in that outfit, so thought I'd wear it again with red jeans this time. Wore this outfit for a movie date with hubby. He found an old movie ticket gift voucher in his wallet that expired soon so we decided to use it as an excuse to see a movie together.

Second time I've worn these jeans, so my purchase review:
I like these, but I'm might have figured out why they were in the op-shop in the first place! I thrifted them (only $5, bargain!) when I was browsing my local op-shops. I'm trying to make more time to do that lately. After my wardrobe detox I know I need to look at some more colours and they make it so easy to shop organising things by colour.
They fit really well, and I was very excited to actually find a pair of jeans in my size in an op-shop, that almost never happens! After getting rid of my old red jeans a while back because they kept getting really baggy knees I've been looking for a replacement, so these were perfect. However, I noticed when wearing them that they seemed to stretch out quite bit through the day. The first time I wore them I only wore them for the morning and they were fine. This time I wore them all day and felt they started to get a little baggy by the end of it. Maybe I put too much fabric softener in the wash when I washed them though...will give them another go. I can always donate them back to the store if they don't work out.


Last worn: Ray-Ban WayfarersAztec print tank, red skinny jeans, HavaianasRebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wear: red skinny jeans with a neutral top, Aztec print tank with maxi skirtRebecca Minkoff Love bag with printed shorts.








What I wore:

Autumn Skinny jeans outfit stripe tee ombre scarf Mulberry Alexa Bag

Away From Blue Mulberry Regular Alexa Bag Foggy Grey
ScarfJeanswest tri-colour dip dye scarf
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagMulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey

Why I wore it:

It's been a long time since I last wore this tee, almost 5 months! There is nothing wrong with it, I really like it. It's just a sign I have too many tops as it takes me so long to get around to wearing it. this scarf is another really pretty piece that doesn't get a lot of wear as I have so many scarves. It's been almost two years sine I last wore it! I rediscovered it in my wardrobe detox - Maudie instantly started putting outfits together around it it's such a versatile piece. Need to give it more love.

And another purchase review: as this is the second time I've worn these jeans:
I love these jeans so much! I think I've gone on and on about them every time I've brought them up on the blog. I've had to try really hard not to buy more in different colours. I think the new 'Prima denim' line at Jeanswest is perfect. I've always been a fan of their jeans, but this pair has given me the push I needed to get rid of many other pairs of blue jeans in my wardrobe as they will never be as good as these.
They look good, they wear well through the day, they wash well and I am so glad I bought them. Even at full price! And after getting rid of multiple pairs of skinny jeans afterwards, I don't feel so bad about buying them. I had too many jeans anyway!


Last worn: ombre scarf, striped tee, skinny jeans, Havaianas(above), Mulberry Alexa satchel.

Other ways to wear: Aztec print dress and ombre scarfstriped tee with a maxi skirt, skinny jeans and pattern mixing, Mulberry Alexa with dresses and skirts and a third trimester bump.




Linking up with Styled Up, Style To Inspire, Mix It Monday, Sunday Funday, More Pieces of Me, Celebrate Southern, Style Sessions, Real Mom Style, Turning Heads Tuesday, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

55 comments:

  1. Nice colored jean!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/04/brown-orecchiette-hollow-retro.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red pants
    The color is striking
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both looks :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice outfits, I love the one with the striped tee. Perfect casual look!

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute! love both looks! Cute blog :)

    xo, Katy
    http://www.thestyleisland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mica, you always make me rethink fashion! I love that print top with those red jeans. I would've never thought about pairing those two things together and they look so good. Also loving blue and orange in the second outfit. That scarf looks so good with that striped top. Love both outfits.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad I could give you some different ideas Kim! :)

      Delete
  7. That is such a great cross body bag! I love the dark grey color, as it's perfect for any season. Happy Monday! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cute and casual look. The handbag collection is amazing,.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love quality jeans! Love your first outfit too - the print top with the red jeans is fabulous :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got rid of my red jeans. Though they were much more of a dusty red than your bright vibrant ones. Which is what I think I was looking for in the first place. To me, red jeans are an Autumn/ Winter thing. So I wasn't too heart broken without them. I love the tan/ brown print top you styled with them. I'll have to keep that in mind.

    I'd say my biggest wardrobe lack is skinny jeans. Which isn't terrible since I can really only wear them 3 days a week anyway. But it's always nice to have options. Since it's warming up though I've been happier about dresses and skirts.

    I totally know how you feel on the impulse buy. I used to be terrible. Now I have a little mini conversation with myself every time I buy something. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first pair were more of a muted dusty red too. Hope you find the perfect pair soon by the time your cooler weather rolls around. Skinny jeans is definitely not a gap in my wardrobe, but with jeans and grey tees it seems I just can't control myself. I'm getting better, but still plenty of improvement to go!

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, loving that Mulberry bag!

    -Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of trying to wear new clothes twice in the month you buy them. I always try to "save" my new clothes for the perfect occasion and then I'm always mad at myself for not trying to get more wear out them and share my thoughts on the blog.

    Hopefully you can figure out the issue with the baggy-ness of the pants - they really are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute, hope I can figure out why they stretch out so much through the day! :)
      I found myself finding a lot of things in my wardrobe that still had tags on, so putting this rule in places is stopping me from 'saving' clothes too, and actually wearing them. I know exactly what you mean! Makes no sense to save something for an occasion that never arises! takes a lot of determination to break that way of thinking though!

      Delete
  13. I am loving both of your outfits, but I think the second one is my favorite! (I'm such a sucker for stripes.) I have a pair of red jeans, but I don't wear them nearly as much as I should. I found them on sale for $10, and I couldn't resist that price. I hope you had an amazing Monday!!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice color combo and prints, it's perfect for warmer weather.
    Xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love that print top with the colored bottoms! And both bags - I'm drooling!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, I don't think I own any red jeans! You look great, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. awh, Mica!

    These ensembles are so great. Soon you'll have to be getting ready for the cooler temps tho, huh? That is so hard to keep track of. lol I loved the first top a whole bunch. Yes!! !! !!

    ♥renae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's starting to cool down here, but it's certainly taken its time! :) It's getting quite cold in the mornings and evenings...not times I'm out often with a baby!

      Delete
  18. The first outfit photo won't load :( but you look wonderful in the second! So weird how it's autumn at one side of the world and spring at the other. Forever fascinated by this ha!

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, hope it's loading again now! :(

      Delete
  19. I love both outfits - the first is by far my fav!! Red!!!

    http://tinuology.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bags featured especially the black one! It's such a classic!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so into the color red lately! Love your bargain, great catch, Mica!! Great idea to shop at a op-shop! I have to visit it more often!! Gorgeous bags, dear! The color and design of them are gorgeous!!!

    JOURNAL OF STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love stripy tshirts teamed with jeans, that's pretty much my go-to outfit! I love the look of the red skinny jeans, I've never actually worn red jeans, and I'd love to give them a try :)

    http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/04/just-be-you/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just got a pair of red jeans and have been looking for inspiration on how to wear them. I love how yours look with the patterned tank! Hopefully less fabric softener will keep them from stretching out next time because they are adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really hope I can figure it out! Hopefully next time they won't stretch as much.

      Delete
  24. That top with an aztec print works perfectly well with red pants, nice styling! The second outfit is also very pretty and chic, that scarf and striped top are mutually complementary. Besides, those snapshots are so lovely, you look charming as always!
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really like both looks ! Love the red jeans, I have seen more colors in jeans lately I really like.Pretty print too! I would love the RM bag!!

    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the colored pants and the bag!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOOOOVE the red denim with that top! You look amazing in both outfits as always!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the stripes and skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That purse is such a beauty! I love it paired with those bright red skinnies!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looking fab as ever! I adore the red skinny jeans! I want a pair so badly! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. pretty casual looks!!! of course i love your bags!! so nice all the time!


    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  32. The red skinny jeans fit perfectly on you. Pretty! :)

    Have a great day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great color! I want a pair of red jeans so badly now! That RM bag is a great dupe for the Chanel Boy, yet it has its own style. I've been eyeing for one for a while, too :P

    xoxo, Christina

    Stray Birds and Lavender

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how similar it looks to the Boy, but like you said it's different enough it doesn't feel like an outright copy haha. I'm so glad I got it, it was a lovely gift as I wanted it for a while too.

      Delete
  34. Absolutely in love with the first outfit! That tank top is just so much fun, and you're right, that color combination is stunning!
    x Angela // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. those red jeans are fabulous...and only 5 dollars...why that is what I call successful shopping! both outfits are very stylish....the second one is more minimalist but I like it a lot. I do love the simplicity of neutral looks, but when I see some bright colour (like those red jeans) it always steals my heart. I guess I'm torn between colourful and neutrals this season:)

    At the moment I sort of live in two countries and in both of their regions it almost never snows, but at the mountains (and hills) the snow is almost often present...it is cool in a way that I can get to it if I want but I don't have to if I don't:)

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome you can travel to enjoy snow now and then! :)

      The jeans definitely were a bargain find! :)

      Delete
  36. I love both of these outfits on you. I am actually in the process of getting a few new pairs of denim, and I want a colourful pair. I like these here, and actually don't think I have ever had a red pair of jeans. <3
    Foodie Favourites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red jeans are surprisingly easy to wear, I'm glad I got these!

      Delete
  37. How good is Jeanswest! You look amazing in those dark skinnies and I love the colours in the scarf. Well done on your wear two times in first month strategy - love it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend way too much in Jeanswest, haha! The wear twice thing is working really well for me, I'm actually wearing things I buy instead of letting them sit unworn in my wardrobe, ha!

      Delete
  38. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mica I think its really smart what you are doing. After you do it for a while, it will be automatical and become a habit, like me with my monthly closet cleanses.
    I've been rethinking my purchases too. I will fins something in the store and put it in a basket. Walk around and keep adding. I might have 7 pieces and then I go to the fitting room. I get critical… "too tight, too short, there are too many of them on the rack" and I'll walk out with nothing. It makes me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am trying to be much stricter with what I buy before I buy it too...and more open to returning after a wardrobe trying-on session of the new clothes doesn't go well!

      I am getting a lot of value out of reviewing my purchases, so I will definitely keep doing it :)

      Delete
  40. Ok, those red jeans look AMAZING on you! I'm so bummed to hear they are stretching out throughout the day. That is the worst! My white jeans are the same way so I stopped wearing them, even though they are my favorite. I hope washing them again will help! That striped tee is adorable (I pinned the outfit to repeat later). I'm glad you hung onto it--it goes perfectly with that abandoned scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...