Monday 14 November 2016

Dresses, Ankle Boots and Rebecca Minkoff Cross Body Bags

Dresses and ankle boots will always be a favourite outfit for spring. It's the perfect weather for bare legs and boots. I haven't worn the outfit combination much this year though, as I've been preferring separates that are easier to breastfeed in, and relying heavily on easy denim outfits. Although not all of my dresses are breastfeeding friendly, the ones below are as they have buttons.

What I wore:

spring outfit: chambray dress, Chelsea leather ankle boots kimono yellow Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag

chambray, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | AwayFromTheBlue
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
DressJeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress (C/O)
ShoesAsos leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

This was a quiet day. Spent time with my mum in the afternoon, and in the morning I had a couple of errands to run as well as baby boy's weekly weigh. I went with a pretty blue outfit, again to try boost my confidence a little for the weigh in session! I'm at that point in my maternity leave where dresses are starting to feel a bit too much like 'special occasion' pieces, so it's nice to get them out even if the day doesn't call for being dressed up. I want to wear more of my wardrobe and not just the same few things over and over!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, navy kimonochambray dress, Chelsea ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearnavy kimono and skinny jeanschambray dress and lace, Chelsea ankle boots and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and denim shorts.






What I wore:

Atmos&Here Nigella collarless shirt dress and ankle boots red saddle bag for spring | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | Away From The Blue
DressAtmos&Here Nigella collarless shirt dress
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale and on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

I picked this dress out to wear again, it's been a while and I had been looking forward to wearing it with bare legs in warmer weather when I bought it. With ankle boots of course, and then the red bag seemed nice with the red print on the dress. This was a simple and easy outfit for a boring morning at the accountants and shopping for groceries. Again, like the outfit above, I did feel a little overdressed for the occasion. It was nice to wear this dress without all the winter layers though.

I was starting to run a little late for the appointment at the accountants when I noticed the lighting was perfect for photos - cloudy but bright. I was hurrying to setup and take a quick shot before I left, and was unimpressed when the sun popped out just as I snapped a picture! There was no time to reposition the camera into the shade before I hopped in the car so this squinting into the sudden sunlight shot is the best I got, haha! Should have just pulled my sunnies off my head...



Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers (above), printed shirt dressblack ankle bootsRebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to wearprinted shirt dress and winter layersblack ankle boots and printed skinny jeansRebecca Minkoff saddle bag and skinny jeans.










Linking up with Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Fresh Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. Two very beautiful outfits! I love the dress in the second look so much! I hope you are having a great start to your week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the dresses and they go so well with the boots.

    deffinatlyshaz.co.zw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both outfits are lovely as always, hun. :) They look so comfortable! And I can definietly relate to what you said about the perfect weather for taking photos... It can be so difficult! Sunny but still cloudy is the perfect sunshine, too much sun and it can really ruin a good pic! Yours turned out great, though. :) <3 Kisses! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I love days like you described that make photos so easy!

      Delete
  4. Nice sharing & love the round-up, Mica! I'm back from trip & resuming my blog hopping! Have a good week, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these outfits are so cute! Love your denim dress with the kimono layered over it and your red bag is gorgeous!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially loving the second look! Such a pretty dress and the red bag is perfect with it. Dresses and ankle boots are always a go-to combination for me. In fact, I am wearing it today in real life. Hope the weigh in went well.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy Ann! Is a bit stressful weighing weekly!

      Delete
  7. Oh a year is a long time to be off work but i think its marvellous that you get to :) its quite a luxury.
    On the first look I do not recall seeing that great mustard bag before and
    I love the second look - and the light was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a long time, I'm so lucky to have that luxury!

      Delete
  8. Wearing a dress with booties is always something I say I'm going to do and by the time I remember to do it, there's snow up to my rear. (; I love the look. It looks so put together and rustic almost. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah, hope you get a chance to try it when it's warmer! :)

      Delete
  9. both outfits are gorgeous
    have an amazing week
    www.mssparkleandglow.cok

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love that second dress, such a great print! And the pop of color from the bag is lovely!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing these outfits and would love to be able to bare my legs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute bags! Love these looks.

    Mary
    www.marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute outfits!! Happy Monday! :-)

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Better overdressed than underdressed! I love pulling out dresses even when I am running after my daughter. You look amazing in both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I much prefer being overdressed! :)

      Delete
  15. I love both ooutfits, specially the blue one as it is my favorite color.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the red bag! Such a great statement. I have the same saddle bag in pink!

    http://www.michellespaige.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. such cute looks! love seeing your darling outfits!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The mustard colour of your crossbody bag works so well with the denim dress - the perfect combination for running errands! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your bags from Rebecca Minkoff ;)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Rebecca Minkoff bag - that color is so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dresses with booties are my jam! Love both looks, as per usual, but that second outfit with the red bag is beautiful! Love a good pop of red (I consider it my power color!)

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice outfit combination :)

      Delete
  22. I love both looks. The second is my favorite with that cute orange bag. The first looks very comfy and cute too.

    http://fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both outfits look great! I love ankle booties and I love the flatter soled ones. I have a lot of wedge booties and I'm looking to add in some flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flat ankle boots are a mum essential I find! :)

      Delete
  24. I love both these dresses on you, girlie, especially the second, the print is so pretty and looks great with that red bag! You mentioned grocery shopping, do you usually do it with the two little ones in tow or do you usually have someone watch them? I'm curious because I can only imagine how challenging it must be to get two little ones in and out of the car while shopping. Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have the most amazing week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is challenging, but we do it! I don't have someone to watch them, I take them with me. Have baby in the ergo carrier and the toddler in the trolley usually :) Have baby in the stroller and toddler in the trolley if hubby's there helping :)

      Delete
  25. Both dresses are so lovely on you! I wish the weather would cooperate on my side, it's been raining since forever and I haven't been able to take any photos at all.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE your chambray dress! You always have the best outfits!

    Sarah
    Bows & Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the kimono, so pretty and these dresses look amazing on you.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mica, I felt the same way you did. At one point I only wore dresses for special occasions. Now you can't get me out of them or skirts. LOL Love both of yours and the bags. The sun coming out when I wanted it to stay in for a bit longer has happened with me when taking makeup pics. LOL Don't you wish you had a switch?
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it would be awesome to control the weather! :)

      I really enjoy wearing dresses, should do so more often! :)

      Delete
  29. Urgh, I hate when that happens! Curse you sun. I had major issues with it when I was travelling. I've got to shoot something tomorrow morning and hoping for good light. But it's forecast to be cloudy so who knows.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got good light! The weather can be so fickle sometimes!

      Delete
  30. Happy new week! I absolutely adore both looks! The boots and bags add a special touch to these cute looks! Have a beautiful day!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look lovely dear!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look so beautiful!! The red bag is amazing!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: WHILE IN MADRID...

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are riight, dear Mica, such outfits are really perfect for spring and I like both looks you show here!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love a good dress + ankle boot combo, too!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love dress&ankle boots combination and I wear it a lot during this time of the year! Both of the outfits are pretty, I love the denim&brown accessories pairing :) Sun can be quite annoying sometimes, however, the photos are beautiful :)
    I hope you're having a great week :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love that denim dress! It's so great to have one because you can wear it so many Seasons! I also love that burgundy and orange combo in the last outfit! It's so great!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm really glad I found this one - the perfect chambray dress! :)

      Delete
  37. Oh wow, i'm a handbag loving gal myself and those bags....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely Mica in blue and the booties are the perfect compliment with them. The second dress is my fav with the print so pretty on you! The red bag is stunning, really stands out. I would love a saddlebag!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning heads tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love a dress and ankle boots combo - I nearly added boots to the dress I'm wearing on the blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  40. at first I was so confused as to why your outfit/background looked so spring-y. Until I realized. "dum dum, Mica lives in Australia. different seasons". collective ooooh. That said, I am very jealous of this sun you have right now. I haven't seen the sun in a while. Your blue dress is so pretty by the way, so chic, yet perfectly casual at the same time. I really love it. and congratulations as well!

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's warm here in Australia at the moment! :)

      Delete
  41. I love the harvest gold colored bag!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the denim number, so versatile. Pretty how you've styled it. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look seriously gorgeous in both looks Mica! I love the second dress especially! The red bag pops beautifully

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...