Monday 12 December 2016

OneTeaspoon Hawks Denim Shorts in Spring: Two Ways to Wear

If you follow on instagram you'll know baby boy's in hospital. I still have pre-scheduled blog posts like this that will continue to be published, and he's just in as a precaution. We hope to be home for Christmas!




I picked up my first pair of OneTeaspoon shorts in a collaboration with Glue Store. They are a high-waist style that I wouldn't normally go for, but they are surprisingly comfortable on my mum-tum and I'm glad I gave the different style a try. In a classic black, they will be sure to be worn more over summer. I've shared two different ways to wear them below.

What I wore:

summer storm outfit OneTeaspoon hawks denim shorts polka dot cami cross body bag | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC, bracelet stack | Away From The Blue
CamiJeanswest 'Mia' cami in black
ShortsOneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in Fox black (C/O)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale in metallic pink!)

Why I wore it:

Although it was spring when I wore this a couple weeks ago, this day was the hottest day of the season in Brisbane with summer-like temperatures. I wanted to wear as little as possible. Short shorts and a flowy cami was just what was needed when we did venture out of the air conditioning to grab groceries before the afternoon storm hit. The rain in the background was just a small shower before the big storm and the hail rolled in.

It's funny looking back and seeing that the last time I wore this cami I was using it to hide my early second trimester baby bump!


Last worn: polka dot cami, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts, Havaianas, silver mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearpolka dot cami and maxi skirt, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts and tee, silver mini MAC bag with blue and green.





What I wore:

spring double denim outfit oneTeaspoon hawks shorts | AwayFromBlue

bare legs, Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TeeZalora Basics maroon stepped t-shirt
ShortsOneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in Fox black (C/O)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale in metallic pink!)

Why I wore it:

This was another style challenge inspired outfit. The style challenge for #RuleBreakersClub was the 'forbidden pair' of double denim. As much as I love denim, double denim isn't a look I wear often. When I do attempt it, I like the denim shades to be as different as possible, so black shorts and a blue jacket work nicely.

Picked the red tee as it felt like a while since I last wore it. This was what I wore for another Christmas shopping trip. I feel like that's going to be the main activity I do in the run up to Christmas. I usually like to be more organised than I am at this stage!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, denim jacket, red tee, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts (above), Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (above).

Other ways to weardenim jacket and skinny jeans, red tee and coatigan, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in a monochrome outfit, Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC and graphic tee.


Linking up with Grace & Lace, Mix It Monday, On Trend, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

39 comments:

  1. Hi! I'll keep your son and your family in prayer! Beautiful inspiring spring looks!The flowy cami is super cute! Pray you have a wonderful week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the double denim! We call that the Canadian Tuxedo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both outfits
    have a great week
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mica! I'm so sorry to hear that your baby boy is in hospital. I do hope he's on the road to recovery and will be fine.

    As for the outfits, you look amazing as always! I love the way you created two very different looks using the same pair of shorts! You look stunning, and I love casual yet chic style of these looks.

    Love Saba xx

    www.trulymadlydeeplyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous of the warm weather! Love these looks.

    Mary
    www.marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the double denim rule is one of those that's just meant to be broken because denim on denim can seriously look really cool when it's done right and not OTT. You did a great job with the challenge Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it can look awesome when done well! I think black and blue is the only way I'll be brave enough to attempt it hehe! :)

      Delete
  7. I hope everything with the baby goes well! Never a fun thing to deal with, but good that it's just a precaution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your little boy is home for Christmas. I love your bracelets :) x

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know baby boy is in the hospital, good vibes going your way Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll definitely get a lot of wear from those shorts in the Summer. I hope your son is all good and returns home soon.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, hope your son is ok!!! That's so scary! Best wishes to you and your fam! And, for what it's worth i love both outfits. That first top is amazing! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes I forget about the whole "forbidden" part of denim on denim until I'm out with friends and they give me a weird look and a, "GIRL."

    Hope everything is okay with your son!

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm sure you look awesome in your double denim!

      Delete
  13. You look adorable. My thoughts are with your family, hope your son gets well soon!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look super cute in these outfits. Love your bag too.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your baby boy, I had no idea and visited your instagram account. Sending you hugs and prayers for a quick recovery! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice styles. I love your shorts so much!

    I wish it was summer for me as well

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mica, I haven't kept up with instagram so I didn't know. I'll be saying extra prayers for your son and family.

    I love your top! It's so pretty! The print & style are gorgeous.
    I also really love how you styled that second look. You look fabulous in both outfits.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving those shorts! This makes me miss summer so much! And I know you said it's precautionary, but still sending positive vibes your way!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about your sun, I hope he gets well soon. I love these shorts and both ways you styled them are lovely!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm jealous it's summertime on your side of the globe! You look fabulous in those shorts!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so put together! I love the colors and print on that cute ruffle top! Praying for your baby boy that everything goes well and you can be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I hope your little one is out of the hospital and doing well. That must be so scary. Sending hugs. You look great!

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sending love and prayers to your son and your family right now, mica!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yep I could never do double blue denim, the thought of it makes me cringe! Hahaha. You've worked it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people make it look awesome - I am not one of those people, black and blue is the only way I feel brave enough to attempt haha!

      Thanks again for your sweet emails - I really appreciated them while in hospital.

      Delete
  25. I have been on the hunt for true high waisted, tummy controller jeans and shorts and coming up short. I'll have to check out this site and see if it's something that ships internationally. I know all about the "mum-tum."

    Praying for baby boy and I do hope everything is ok! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think glue store ship outside Australia, but hopefully you can find a OneTeaspoon stockist closer to you! :)

      Delete
  26. Aw, hope everything is ok with your baby boy. You looked great in both outfits, love the pretty print cami!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both looks are so cute hun! I'm living in shorts these days!

    Happy Holidays XX

    Sammy | Bargainbaglady.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope everything is well with your little one Mica; sending you all my good thoughts. Right now we have snow here in the NW, and your summer outfits make me miss the sun & the beach :-) Love how you paired dark & lighter denim and also the first top is adorable. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the hint of red in your first top! Jean jackets are so great and super classic too.

    Thank you so much for linking up at Grace + Lace!

    Sarah
    Bows & Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eek just catching up now - sorry I missed this but so glad to hear baby boy is back home now. I hope he continues to improve :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you all for your sweet comments and messages about baby boy - we are relieved to be home from hospital and pleased we got to celebrate his first Christmas at home.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...