Friday 7 April 2017

Chambray and Pink: Different Shades and Lengths with Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag

I've shared many times about my love for blue and pink together. I like wearing pink with denim, so when I wore two of my chambray pieces recently I paired them with two different shades of pink. A maxi skirt with a magenta pink tank and a dress with a dusty pink vest.

What I wore:

Sass & Bide neon tank chambray noisy may denim maxi skirt teething necklace outfit | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TopSass and Bide 'Musical Genius' tank (similar, at 40% off!)
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Pulled this together at the last minute to go out for dinner with the in-laws. The style challenge for the day was 'denim your way', this chambray maxi skirt was brilliant as although it was evening it was still too warm for jeans or a denim jacket.

I wasn't sure what necklace to wear with this - the tank has magenta and neon orange with the neutrals, but I knew as we'd be going out to a restaurant I'd need a few tricks to keep Baby Boy amused. As suspected, the necklace came in handy as he could play and fling it around without it actually going on the floor, unlike some of his other toys.... When trying on a few of the teething necklaces I have I was pleased to see how well this necklace matched the pink on the tank, I'm sure to wear this combination again!

Not the first time I've worn this chambray maxi skirt with magenta pink either!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Sass & Bide tank, chambray maxi skirt, two tone sandals, Rebecca Minkoff quilted love bag.

Other ways to wearSass & Bide tank and print mixing with stripes, chambray maxi skirt in winter, two tone sandals and printed skirt, Rebecca Minkoff quilted love bag and pink dress.




Where to Buy the Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag:








What I wore:

Jeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress, Peri drape sleeveless jacket vest dusty pink | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff Love quilted cross body bag in charcoal grey | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
JacketJeanswest Peri drape sleeveless jacket (on sale!)
DressJeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress (C/O)
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'layer player' but despite it being autumn, it was much too hot to think about layering. This sleeveless jacket is a good layering piece for hot days.

I was inspired to try this by seeing vests and dresses worn together on a few different blogs. I wasn't sure how this vest would work with the dress, so picked a quiet day to try it. Although I like the colour combination I wasn't sure how the shapes would work together. A quiet day running errands was good to give the new silhouette a try. Although not quite an outfit fail, I liked the idea of this outfit better than the actual resulting outfit. Blue and pink is a good colour combination, but these two pieces together weren't my favourite.


Last worn: Ray-ban Wayfarer (above), dusty pink vest, chambray dress, Balenciaga sandals, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love (above).

Other ways to weardusty pink vest worn two ways, chambray dress and ankle boots, Balenciaga sandals and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love bag and winter layers.



More Chambray Dresses and Skirts Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:



Try pairing your chambray with something pink. You can wear it with a little like a printed tank with only a small percentage of pink, or go all out and wear a pink vest or jacket with it. A pink scarf would be nice with chambray in cooler weather too.


Linking up with Friday Faves, Mix It Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Hello Monday.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

49 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about pink and denim - that's a combination I've not tried before! You look lovely and I really do like the colour combination; it makes me think of warm, fresh days :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you give the combination a try in future! :)

      Delete
  2. When you have a kid, looks like you have to consider the kids when you pick your accessories :) I like Pink&blue(denim) combination, it is one of the combinations which seems to work for me :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, everything revolves around the kids, haha!

      Delete
  3. I love your bag! I've been wanting that Love quilted bag in a while :)
    it looks lovely on both of your outfit

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace is so fun! Love all the pretty Easter colors :) Have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving both of these looks! The grey bag looks great with both the pink/blue combo looks!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that your jewelry becomes toys for the kiddo!!
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when you got that skirt in one of your hauls it looks great on you. Also you know I love that bag! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both looks especially the 'layer player' one! I don't know why but something about it is fresh, playful and made you look extra vibrant, perhaps it is the color combo, the dress and those sandals. I like that your dog is at the corner, hehe. As for your teething necklace, wow, I really didn't know there's such a thing being a non-mom. LOL. I admire how you considered your babies with your jewelry. Hope you're having a stunning week. Stay brilliant, Mica :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think teething necklaces are essentials now, haha! I almost always wear one :)

      Delete
  9. Both looks work although I think the second one with the vest would look even better with a dress that had to buttons.
    Oh and there is the RM grey bag I've been lusting after.... like forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I might try it with other dresses when we're finished breastfeeding :)

      It's a great Rebecca Minkoff bag too!

      Delete
  10. What an adorable post! I love the colors in both outfits. Happy Friday!

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the boho vibe from these looks!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colors really compliment each other. I love the colorful tank paired with your denim skirt! It's such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bag with these outfits!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colors look great together! I love the tank top in the first outfit! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing blog!!

    www.lacaleya.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colour combo in the first outfit, the second one was not a fail but the first definitely win hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your second outfit so so so much!!! The color combo is really pretty!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the second look, it's super cute! I do like blush pink with denim - it keeps it from looking too cutesy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mica, I love this combination. When I think about it, I rarely wear pink and denim. But I love the way you styled these two looks. You look chic and stylish.
    X
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I could inspire you to wear it more often! :)

      Delete
  20. I'm really loving the second outfit! The chambray dress and pink vest go so well together!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are right, blue and pink look really good together. Both outfits are nice and are matched perfectly.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've probably said this before, but that pink vest is so cute! I think it looks great with that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have that bag and it's so versatile! You look chic in both looks!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pink and blue is so pretty together! That chambray dress is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would have never guessed that maxi was chambray, it looks like it could be silk! And the top is a perfect pairing, I really adore the whole look.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a silk maxi once! Not very kid-friendly though sadly, haha!

      Delete
  26. I really like the combo of mixing a pink shade with blue in both o your outfits!

    xx, rebecca
    rbcmrm.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both outfits! They look so cute and give a lot of spring vibes :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am loving both these outfits, Mica...even the second one:) Love the pink and blue together. And I think it's brilliant how you used the teething necklace as an accessory!
    Hope you're having a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teething necklaces are such fun accessories! :)

      Delete
  29. I love seeing blue and pink worn together....you did a brilliant job with pairing the two in your first outfit.

    The second outfit is also very stylish. That denim shirt dress looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm in love with these two outfits! The maxui skirt on the first look is so romantic and feminine, and the chambray dress is so cool and chic. You look as beautiful as always. <3
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Mica!

    I hope you're well! I LOVE the chambray dress!!

    With Love & Style,
    ♥ Amber
    Check out my NEW blog: ALL THE AMBIENCE

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute looks! Definitely ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've always loved chambray Mica! I love both the skirt & dress. They look great on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm now lusting after a chambray maxi! And so pretty with that gorgeous top. And I know you weren't so sure about the outcome of the second outfit, I actually think it looks great on you and I love the colour combo.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this pink and chambray combo!! Both outfits are so cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at On Mondays We Link-Up, Mica!! Hope you have a wonderful week!! xo

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the outfit and the color combo and that bag is great. I am looking for something similar. x

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dusty pink/ blush, is literally the prettiest color ever! I've always loved this vest on you! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki! I think I just need to come up with different ways to wear it as I don't love it every time.

      Delete
  38. Thank you all for your lovely comments - and input on the second outfit I wasn't so sure about!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love that blue maxi skirt! It looks so pretty on you!! I think you paired that necklace with it just fine. I love that denim like dress such a pretty combo of the second outfit!

    A Beauty and The Business

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...