Saturday 15 December 2012

OOTD Friday - Day and Evening - Jeanswest Jeans and Maxi Dress

A day late, as we had a big night last night and I didn't get a chance to blog. Two outfits in one today, so a big post!

Here's what I wore to work yesterday for casual Friday:
Sunnies: Orange sunglasses from Paddy's Market in Sydney
NecklaceHouse of Harlow silver and grey leather sunburst necklace
Bracelets: the usual plus Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel turnlock stripey hinge bracelet in black and whiteBalenciaga Silver Giant Triple Tour Bracelet in Rose Bruyere
TopJeanswest Audrey tonal print tank
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' stretch slim flare jeans
ShoesWittner Mimi heels in mushroom
BagVintage Louis Vuitton speedy 25 in monogram canvas

Close up of accessories and bag:

The sunnies were last worn here, tank here, jeans here, heels here and bag here.

Shop similar:



I changed in the evening.
Here's what I wore on Friday night to go to DH's Christmas party:
Necklace: gifted silver and crystal detail necklace
Bracelets: the usual plus silver charm bracelet
DressJeanswest grey snake print maxi dress
ShoesNine West silver strap sandals
BagChanel vintage quilted lambskin flap from Reebonz

Close up of accessories and bag:

Not the best outfit shot but I had to share with you the amazing view the venue had! We got to watch the sunset and there was even fireworks over the river. Just beautiful.

I wasn't sure what to expect for DH's work Christmas part as the dress code was "smart casual" which can have incredibly varied interpretations. I was happy with the maxi dress though, it was a very formal venue and I was comfortable all night. Some of the other ladies I met and chatted too had the same thoughts that I did - a dress always fits in! :)


The dress was last worn here, shoes here and bag here.

Shop similar:




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram : Currently Obsessed

27 comments:

  1. Look at you! I love the day-to-night look. You look incredibly chic in both. I love the print top for day and the Harlow necklace.
    Then the maxi dress for night...girl, you're a stunner!
    Hmmm, and no, I haven't seen that movie, but I'll definitely have to check it out now :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in that maxi - I always find that if you aren't sure, it's better to be overdressed than underdressed. And it surely goes without saying but I love your Chanel! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the House of Harlow necklace, so pretty! I so the sale for them here in Sydney and am obsessed with Nicole's stuff. Also love your Chanel bag!

    Couture Caddy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO nice maxi dress...nad bags love, love, love
    would you like to follow each other?
    xoxo E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love your snake print maxi dress!
    Love the necklace in the first outfit too!
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG
    Enter my International GIVEAWAY here

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your day outfit! maybe you should change your hairstyle for the night to glam it up even more? love your chanel bag though :)

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pup!
    Your HOH necklace makes quite an impact with probably any ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both outfits! That House of Harlow necklace is awesome (I have a similar one) and I also have a similar dress to your snake print one ;)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is gorgeous! :)
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! u'r adorable :)

    satmahayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely maxi dress!! I love the print :)

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing outfits! Your evening dress and the LV bag are so fantastic! Love your style!!! :)

    www.look-scout.de

    Find me on bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4172347 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both looks are gorgeouse. Both looks are kind of simple but still scream style!

    And yes, the view does look beautiful. Im sure it is much more beautiful during thr sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely at sunset! :) I only had a chance to take one quick instagram photo of sunset though as we were seated for dinner as the sun set, it was lovely.

      Delete
  14. You look beautiful, dear Mica!! I am in love with maxi dresses....
    So glad you had a fun night...
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  15. so nice!!

    http://wishuponastarblog.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/my-shoes-say-meow/

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome is Jeans West! I wish that outlet store was still in Stones Corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have them at DFO airport, jindalee and harbour town still :) And I looooove them, got the maxi dress from the airport jeanswest outlet for $20!!!

      Delete
  17. very sexy! i love that snake print dress! nice!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your evening look is lovely - i happen to think that maxis can be worn anywhere and you will always look right.
    I specially love your bag, you know I am your bag fan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...