Friday 29 August 2014

Dressing Up Jeans With Boucle Jackets

Posting another two denim outfits, trying to dress them up a little with statement jackets.

Here's what I wore to visit the child health nurse and go shopping:
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
JacketAsos blazer in textured boucle with fluro binding
Scarf: Jay Jays orange scarf
TopJeanswest 'Josie' striped back strap tank (on sale!)
JeansSass and Bide strayed misfits skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


I'm rather proud of this outfit. Not that I think it's particularly wonderful, just because of the speed I managed to put it together while rushing around getting baby T and I ready. Funny how speed of getting dressed has a big impact on my feelings when wearing an outfit nowadays! It had been a particularly hectic morning as we were running late, with multiple changes of clothes required for baby and me slowing us down.

I think the scarf makes it look a little more put together, like I actually spent time planning my outfit. With the cardigan, it's soft for baby to snuggle into and also easy to clean in case of more 'accidents'. It's really comfortable with the jeans and Converse. And most importantly of all, it stayed clean for our outing. We weren't too late to meet the nurse, and she even complimented me on my jacket! Even had a little time afterwards to do a quick grocery shop for the essentials as well.

Surprisingly, the scarf hasn't been on the blog before - or I couldn't find it if it has. It's an oldie, a gift a while back from my mum. Should wear it more often, it's such a nice orange colour. Added it as the cardi kept me warm enough, didn't need a thick scarf.


Last worn: Ray-Ban, textured cardi, stripe tank, Sass and Bide jeans, white Converse, MbMJ baby bag.



Here's what I wore to go to the post office:

SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Zara frayed basket weave blazer with zips in red
ScarfAlexander McQueen red skull-print modal and cashmere-blend scarf
TopMarc by Marc Jacobs blossom pocket tee in grey
JeansJeanswest blue skinny jeans
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan


I'd been wanting to wear this jacket for a while. Last time I wore it I was heavily pregnant! I thought it would pair nicely with my colourblock maxi skirt when I last wore it, but it's not the best thing to wear if I've got baby T in his carrier because of the metal zips. It works really nicely with denim though, and kept me warm for a trip to the post office to pick up a parcel. Jeans and boots is a slight change from jeans and Converse, and something I can really only wear in winter so I'm enjoying it while I can before Spring officially starts next week.

The red scarf is another piece I've been feeling the need to wear lately - hasn't gotten a lot of love this winter compared to my other skull scarves. Was good to be able to wear both pieces in one outfit. Funny that the last time I wore this grey tee I paired it with the same scarf!


Last worn: Ray Ban (see above), Zara tweed jacket, red skull scarf, grey tee, skinny jeans, leather boots.

Linking up with Fashion Item Friday, Fab Favourites, Passion for Fashion, Casual Friday, Friday Favourites today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

42 comments:

  1. I love the second outfit! That red scarf looks great on you, not to mention how I love those boots! :)

    www.flashforwards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the first picture I thought "I love that jacket!" Then I saw the second one. You are on today! I think that skull scarf is just too cool.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! They are wonderful jackets :)

      Delete
  3. Very well chosen: really like the colors here, especially the scarf as a pop of color!
    Rathana xo http://fabfashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both looks!

    www.misstyrafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love both outfits!!! and yeah they look so awesome I would never guessed you had to put them together so fast! I can't imagine trying to pick an outfit with baby T haha it must be hard! but I'm sure worth it whenever he smiles :) Thanks for sharing!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's definitely worth it, he has the cutest of smiles! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the first one! Jackets can totally switch up the look of an outfit!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarves are so pretty, Mica and they really made the whole outfit pop especially the first one. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you rock the scarf! your outfits are always so chic and cute! love seeing your cute little pups head pop in the picture :)

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does like to come "help" me take photos sometimes! :)

      Delete
  9. Those knit wool blazers are gorgeous and look great with your relaxed style, adding the scarves and all. =)

    Have a Great Weekend Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love outfit number 2! So cool and casual!

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think both jackets are fabulous and a must have - the second look of course, it my fave.
    Its got that amazing skull print scarf I love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ensembles Mica! Thanks for your attention to our fun blog hop each week!!!! I am so glad this chemo cycle is just so non-existent, yes!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know how I feel about your McQueen scarves...well, I love them all! Haha! Good job on becoming such speedy and efficient dresser! (p.s. are you back to work? or just working PT? or at home?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not back to work for a while ye, enjoying every moment of my maternity leave! :)

      Delete
  14. I love both these outfits but the first has to be my favourite! Your scarf really finished it off perfectly! Thank you for joining Renae & I at Fashion Item Friday! Ax

    http://inmamaswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving those bright colors with the scarf! You always look so well put together!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mica, those boucle jackets look so good on you. They just pull an outfit together. Very refined! Very Chanel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the zara jacket so much. I adore it every time you see it on your blog. you should wear it all the time because it is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love these outfits!red scarf is amazing!!
    love
    http://pearlsandrosesdiary.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so great Mica! I can't believe you're already dressing for fall. It's so hot here! That scarf is so pretty and those jackets do dress up jeans a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warming up here now, we are just into Spring :)

      Delete
  20. Few things dress up denim as well as a boucle jacket. Love both looks, but you know I'm partial to your skull scarves. :)
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with a skull scarf I think! :)

      Delete
  21. That orange scarf provides the perfect amount of colour!

    alexandranicolexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both of the outfits - I have to admit that I never look as good as you did in the first one when I don't have time to put an outfit together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I think I got lucky! ;) Not all my outfits come together so quickly or so well!

      Delete
  23. Ha ha omg this was your winter? You've been wearing what I wear though autumn. I kept expecting you to say it's going to get colder, not turn into spring! Goes to show I've never been to Australia so have no idea of your seasons or climate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well it is pretty mild here in Queensland! :) And since I don't have an early morning commute, I can dress for the warmest part of the day :) Our seasons are the opposite of the northern hemisphere ones :)

      Delete
  24. Look at you being all stylish! I really love both those jackets. I bought a similar one to the first in Selfridges the other day :)

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh would love to see yours! :) They are great little jackets :)

      Delete
  25. I adore boucle jackets! They are instant chic in my opinion. Looking lovely as ever, Mica! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are - make everything look much more pulled together :)

      Delete
  26. The pop of orange is really cool with that first one, you should definitely be proud i love everything about it! spring just kicked off and it's nice and sunny in sydney today. hope you're getting some good weather to x

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always enjoy seeing your McQueen scarves. (If I'm not mistaken, you have several gorgeous ones!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do have a few..... scarf addict that I am!

      Delete
  28. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...