Monday 27 October 2014

Grey Tees, Striped Maxi Skirts Outfits, ASOS Sale Code

Twice in a row, wearing grey tees and striped maxi skirts! Created two slightly different outfits despite following the same formula.


Here's what I wore to spend the afternoon with family:
Atmos&Here grey tee striped maxi skirt casual outfit SAHM
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
TeeAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves
SkirtAT by Atmos&Here Mars striped maxi skirt
Shoes:  black slim Havaianas thongs


Grey tee and maxi skirt - a wonderful outfit combination! This is something I quickly put on when hubby got a call and announced we had some unexpected visitors on their way, while we rushed around trying to clean up the house a little more, hehe! I paired this maxi skirt with a grey tee last time I wore it too, but it seems to go perfectly with anything I wear it with. Both these pieces are definite keepers.

I did wish I'd worn a necklace with this, the low neckline is so pretty with a necklace, but I didn't think about that until after I saw the pictures. Did leave baby T one less thing to grab though, which was nice.


Last worn: Ray-ban Wayfarers, grey tee, striped maxi skirt, Havianas.



Here's what I wore to go out to the post office with baby T:
Jeanswest grey tee striped pleated maxi skirt half tuck to side
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Tee: Jeanswest rolled sleeve grey marle tee
Skirt: thrifted black and white pleated striped maxi skirt from AWLQ jumble sale
Shoes:  black slim Havaianas thongs


I liked the striped maxi, grey tee combo so wore it again! This time half-tucking my shirt on the side instead of in the front, for a bit of a different look. I have a tiny torso as I'm petite, so I half-tuck my clothes a lot, I just don't think I've tried it to the side like this before. Not sure if I'll wear it like this again, as I was tugging at it a bit through the day, but it was good to be a little bit different in the way I wear my tops.

This Jeanswest tee hasn't been worn in 3 years! It's coming up to my 3 year 'blogiversary' in January, and I was taking almost daily photos for a while before blogging. I can't find when I wore it last, so I am fairly certain it's just been sitting there unworn for that long. It's survived multiple wardrobe clearouts, as every time I looked at it I could never throw away a good grey tee that "I wear all the time". Ha! Funny how I can still be surprised by the unworn items hanging in my wardrobe. No reason this grey tee shouldn't get as much wear as the others, it's cute and comfy. It's staying in my wardrobe, but I'm going to make an effort to wear it more. Perhaps the over abundance of grey tees I own is the reason this one hasn't popped up in the rotation yet....which is another problem...... ;)


Last worn: Wayfarer (see above), striped maxi skirt, Havaianas (see above). First time I've worn this old tee on the blog.


I do like to share a good sale with you! I've always got a list of great sales and discount codes on the blog, but wanted to post about this too as now is the perfect time to shop. You can get an extra 10% off already reduced sale items at Asos with code '10MORE'.




You know I frequently browse the sale section, the extra discount code is just the thing I need to convince me to buy....maybe another grey tee? ;)

My sale picks:




Linking up with Let It Shine, Modest Mondays, Real Mum Style, Style to Inspire, Manic Monday, Trend Spin Linkup, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

38 comments:

  1. Love your basic and nice gray tees. I need a couple of my own. 2 Gorgeous Striped B+W Skirts also. Love them, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing re the house tidy up!! I just freeze and then run around like a loon, quickly straightening things up if the door bell goes unexpectedly!!
    I like the grey tones. You look lovely. :Dx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I'm lucky that as guests don't want to wake a sleeping baby, they call or text with a little bit of warning first! :)

      Delete
  3. loveee a maxi skirt, and a striped one is even better! great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable!! Loving the slouchy tee with the maxis! So pretty!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes on the maxi skirts, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love maxi skirts. They look a little dressed up while being SUPER comfy. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the stripes here! You can never have too many!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so pretty in both maxi skirts, striped clothes suits to you :) And btw, thanks for sharing these discount codes, dear :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This certainly proves what I've thought all along... stripes and grey tees are absolute staples :)

    Thankfifi

    ReplyDelete
  10. They looks so simple, effortless and most of all, really comfortable! The good thing is you know you can dress these outfit is up too. Can never have enough tee's!

    Yasmeen xx
    The Mirror Affects

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful outfits! It's great what a simple grey tee can do! You look great in both maxi skirts!
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That striped skirt is absolutely amazing. I love how easy to wear maxi skirts are, and you've paired this so perfectly! x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also am short waisted (is that what you meant by tiny torso?). I never feel right at all when I tuck tops in but I think that's because my bust is so huge! I think you look great with your tops tucked in (and half tucked in). You also suit these soft shades, you look fab in grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've never heard that before, yes, I'm short waisted! :) And just short in general..haha!

      Delete
  14. I seriously don't have a plain grey tee. I have no idea why, but I need more basics like this in my life.
    Also, I'm loving the pleats in the second skirt! Fun!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone who owns way too many grey tees, I can attest that they are wonderful basics! And also slightly addictive!

      Delete
  15. I like how you switched up the stripes here, so clever and so simple!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving both outfits! What stunning maxi skirts!
    Love a good stripe!!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mica the pleated skirt is SUCH a good find. i totally thought AWLQ was a clothing brand, haha. All over that second outfit, love love love!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I do have some of their tees actually! But it's more to promote the shelter than a clothing line ;) I should see if I still have those tees, they must be buried somewhere after my wardrobe move out of baby's nursery!

      Delete
  18. Whoa, that first outfit is just perfect! I love how the shade of the shirt and skirt mesh together so beautifully

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  19. The 2nd skirt is devine! :) Love it!
    x Angela // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think a Tee and maxi will always be a great go-to, especially for quick situations like this! You look lovely, I love the grey Tee. /Madison xx
    Frightfully Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey if it isn't broken, don't fix it right?! I love this combo you are sporting. As usual, you achieve the perfect balance between casual and pulled together chic. I love how the untucked tee looks with the maxi skirt, I'll have to try that myself sometime!

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome striped skirts Mica! My favorite is the first one. JCrew had a grey striped skirt! I should've purchased it. Your outfit has given me inspiration.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wore a gray t-shirt with a maxi dress in my last blog post, so I obviously love the look. Both of these outfits are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like this skirt but I can't help but imagine it hemmed short. Since we are petite I think it would be a good look on you but then again it might be more summer that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look cute shorter! But I do love my maxis, despite my short stature! :)

      Delete
  25. I like that cool AWLQ skirt (never heard of the brand!) and I have been looking for the perfect grey tshirt and have yet to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, it's just the name of the animal shelter that had the sale to raise money! The skirt doesn't have a tag sadly!

      Delete
  26. i just inherited a striped maxi from my friend and i am totally looking to you for inspiration on how to style it! there is nothing better than a comfy tee. they usual survive all of my closet cleanouts!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these two striped maxi skirts! I've been wanting a striped maxi forever! Thanks for sharing the sale code, I will be checking ASOS out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I prefer the second outfit because of its more relaxed, unstructured vibe...it's easy-going and fun! I also like the rolled sleeves
    What I appreciate from the first look is the skirt...great looks Mica and Happy Tuesday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the skirt, gorgeous ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you all for your kind comments! :) Glad I could give a few of you some outfit inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...