Wednesday 17 December 2014

More Darecember Style Challenge Outfits: Black Tank, Striped Skirt, Shirt, Shorts and Converse

More Fox in Flats DAREcember challenge outfits, as well as the continuation of photos from my old point and shoot camera since I damaged my camera. I am trying my best to get good quality photos, but I have to use the self timer and I don't have a lot of time to change settings and re-take a photo if it messes up on the first shot. Life with baby!


Here's what I wore to go to the doctors:
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
Brooch: gifted floral brooch
TopZalora basics ruffle hem tank in black
SkirtCheap Monday interrupted stripe skirt in grey
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs


Simple outfit for a doctor's visit in the afternoon and staying at home all morning as we had the pest guy over. The style challenge for the day was "pinned", so I took the chance to wear this cute floral brooch from my bestie. I'd been meaning to pin it onto one of my bags so I can wear it more often, but I hadn't gotten around to it. I thought worn like this, it added some nice interest to this black tank too.

When I bought this tank and thought about all the ways I could wear it, I realised it was quite limited. I decided on this day to try wear it tucked in for a change, as I hadn't thought of that before. The top has a cute ruffle detail at the bottom so it's a slight peplum. This skirt flares out around the waist anyway so I didn't feel that the peplum added any bulk to it. It certainly would have been too much if I'd tried to layer it under a tighter more bodycon skirt though. Was really pleased with how this turned out, and how I managed to make the tank look quite different from how it looked the last time I wore it.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, peplum tank, striped skirt, Havaianas.



Here's what I wore to run errands and do a bit of shopping:
Shirt: Target mint stripe shirt
ShortsJeanswest black denim cuff shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black


Such a busy day! Had some errands to run in the morning, found and dropped my camera off at a repair place approved by my insurer, and then did a little bit of op-shopping (thrifting). I didn't buy anything, but I was on the hunt for a pretty dress for Christmas. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't bought a new outfit to wear on Christmas day, and I was hoping I could satisfy my urge for something new without spending too much by getting something second hand. One of the stores had a sale on and dresses were $5, but there was nothing perfect for me, so I passed on the ones I'd tried on. I didn't really need a new dress anyway, I have plenty! It's just a want.

This outfit was comfortable and cool for all the running around I did. The shirt is super-soft cotton, so nice. The style prompt for the day was "His". None of hubby's clothes would fit me, and I definitely couldn't wear anything that belongs to the baby or the dog...so I went kind of menswear inspired with the shirt and Converse Chucks. Thought it was a nice twist on the theme.


Last worn: striped shirt, denim shorts, Converse.





Linking up with Thursday Favourites, Throw back Thursday, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Spotlight Weekly, Fab Favourites today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

23 comments:

  1. Both outfits are nice :)

    http://irinasenina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second outfit! Converse are my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off.. I hope you and your family are safe given the recent Sydney incidents..its so terrifying sometimes how radicalized individuals can destaroy so many innocent homes.
    Secondly, love the shorts outfit..so cute and casual and this colored shorts is so hard to find sometimes...you are rocking them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were very safe thank you, far away from Sydney. It was good to have blogs and some light-hearted entertainment to distract myself, I'm lucky to have that opportunity. Definitely makes you grateful for what you have.

      Delete
  4. such chic outfits for getting errands done... love it! :)

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple and nice
    here is my new Christmas post
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-feeling-with-double-breasted.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dresses are always so adorable!
    I really like your pale blue button down too - such a pretty color :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the second outfit! I always think those shorts look so great on you!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the casual outfit with the shorts!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute second outfit - very laidback & casual

    http://michellespaige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute outfits, I love the converse.

    ...and I am so envious that you can wear shorts and tank tops right now

    Lauren | Disco Daydream

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your brooch! It's always great to rock one! (:

    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww I guess the new dress just wasn't meant to be, despite your desire. Then again the day is young and there's still a few more days to come before Christmas so you might end up finding something unexpected (and on sale). Good luck!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia! I've been really picky with wardrobe acquisitions lately, so haven't found that perfect dress...wearing some oldies was good! :)

      Delete
  13. I don't like the idea of the pest guy coming to your home! I think I prefer the chambray shirt outfit as you look so good in baby blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he's very nice! :) We just get the house sprayed for pests every year :)

      Delete
  14. Perfect outfits for days of running errands. For me, comfort is key when I know I have to a lot of walking. I hope you will get your camera back soon. I can't tell a difference in the photos but I am sure with the baby's 1st Christmas you want to capture all those moments.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alice! I was so glad to get my camera back again!

      Delete
  15. That skirt and tank look so good together. You looked pretty! You look CHIC running errands :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta take the chance to get dressed up when I can, haha! :)

      Delete
  16. Love your outfit!

    Stay gorgeous, lady.. :)

    http://www.indahjelita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...