Wednesday 3 June 2015

Corporate Style: Prints, Pink and Blazers

With a quiet few days at work without a lot of meetings, I took the chance to try some new things to meet the challenges for the Fox in Flats style dares on instagram. I ended up with two outfits I was really happy with!

What I wore:

Marsala skinny pants for office with pink strawberry print shirt blazer heels

 Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
Jacket: Zara cream jersey blazer
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
ShirtChoies pink chiffon shirt with strawberry print (C/O Choies)
PantsJeanswest 'Fiona' skinny leg pant in shiraz
Shoes: Wittner 'Mimi' heels in mushroom
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

I've always admired pink and burgundy on other people, I've seen it done really well, so wanted to give it a try myself! Of course we call it Marsala this year ;)

I've worn burgundy to work before (burgundy scarf, maroon dress) but when I saw this challenge I had a hard time trying to think of anything Marsala-toned that I could wear to work. I kept thinking of these pants. I've always thought of these pants more as skinny jeans. They aren't denim, but they are quite a slim fit. I think with the heels and the button up shirt and blazer they dressed up nicely for the office. I've had them 3 years and never once worn them to the office, not even for casual Friday.

This is my favourite outfit from the Fox in Flats style dares this time around - because I'd never thought of wearing these pants to the office before. Now I've tried it and loved it, I have a new way to wear them! It's good to find new ways to wear things in my wardrobe.


Last worn: cream blazer, strawberry print shirt, burgundy pants, Wittner heels, LV speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wear: jersey blazer with a vintage skirt suitcasual summer shorts outfit with printed shirt, casual burgundy pants and iombre knit outfit, brown heels with flares, LV speedy with a chambray dress.









What I wore:

Blush Pink Blazer Print mixing stargazer scarf paisley print dress acne pistol boots

Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon (navy blue) handbag

JacketJeanswest Nadine 3/4 Sleeve dusky pink blazer
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs Stargazer scarf in aquamarine (on sale!)
NecklaceHouse of Harlow Dynamic necklace in gold
DressFrench Connection blue Paisley print dress
BeltAsos skinny boyfriend belt (tied in a double loop knot using this tutorial)
ShoesAcne pistol boots in "skin"
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

the style challenge for the day was 'all tied up' so I took the chance to wear this blazer belted, as I've been wanting to do that for a while. I've worn this belt with the dress before, in summer, I really like the combination. I think that it looks better without the scarf for working in an office, but I wanted something to keep me cosy on the commute so I thought this scarf would be a nice mix of prints. After reviewing the photos I wasn't too sure about it, so I put the scarf away in my bag when I got to work.

This outfit is one I had in mind for wearing this dress after I was a little on the fence about it last time I wore it. I really liked the combination of the dress and blazer together, and so I'm going to keep the dress in my wardrobe still. Minus the scarf I felt comfortable and confident in this all day.


Last worn: blush pink blazer, MbMJ Stargazer scarf, tan belt, paisley print dress, Acne Pistol boots, Rebecca Minkoff navy MAB tote.

Other ways to wear: galaxy print scarf with stripes and purplepastel blazer with denim shorts, scarf, paisley print dress in summer with blue and silver accessories, pistol boots with denim shorts, MAB tote with office outfits.




Linking up with WIW, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Style Me WeeklyWhat I Wore, I Feel Pretty, Oh Hey Girl, Trendy Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, The Wednesday Pants, Throwback Thursday, Thursday Favourites, Brilliant Blog PostsLook What I Got, Fun Fashion Friday, Fashion Friday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

44 comments:

  1. The strawberry print of the shirt in the first outfit is so cute, love it! Like the bag in the second outfit too, the design is very classic!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to donate my last pair of burgundy pants because they just got too big on me. Awesome for me, yet bad at the same time since they were discontinued. Before the cooler months I must find a new pair! I'm a huge fan of wearing colored trousers to the office. At the moment, I have cobalt, fuchsia, mint, and teal. Not only do they add a bit more cheer than your typical black or grey, but they make me feel less monochrome if you know what I mean. Love pink and burgundy together!

    I love the printed blue dress with the blush colored blazer and that you paired it with a nude shoe. But yes, the scarf just takes away from the beautiful print of the dress. But girl I don't blame you for wanting to keep warm! (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do manage to find a new pair! I'm pleased to be able to give this pair a 'new life' in my wardrobe as work pants! I need to expand my collection of pants - lots of jeans, not a lot of pants!
      And I think I'm just too excited to wear that new scarf I don't think about how it looks, haha. I accidentally left it behind at playgroup and can't pick it up for a few weeks so that will teach me to stop wearing it with everything ;)

      Delete
  3. That strawberry top is too cute. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you paired different prints together! This is something I definitely need more in my closet!

    Have a lovely day!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mica! I understand your worries about that printed scarf! Nevetheless I love how you've played with the color palette of your scarf! Such a match with the colors of your look, dear! Very harmonic though printed! Your first looks is so perfect for the office and meetings! It's really chic and this bag is a absolutely gorgeous addition!!!

      xxx Ira
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  5. That strawberry print top is adorable! :D And I really love the mix of prints in the second look!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your strawberry shirt!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burgundy and pink is such a gorgeous color combo! I'll have to try it out!
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute printed top oon your first outfit and the dress too on the second! Great looks, Mica. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that strawberry top Mica. It's so cute. Love that dress with the scarf. They really look great together.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that strawberry print top and those pants look totally appropes for work wear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fun and chic cooperate wears! You always put a cute personal spin to an otherwise possible very dull office looks! I just noticed on your LV speedy you had it monogrammed with a M! Haha funny it took me so long to see it finally :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it is just a tiny little single initial, it's easily missed! :) I like the simplicity of it though! :)

      Delete
  12. love that top! (i have the same purse! :) )

    <3 rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried to pair pink and burgundy on myself. I do love it on other people too but I don't know about it on me. I could try it out someday but I'm not so sure that I will lol. Your outfit is making me second guess my stubbornness though. I mean that shirt is super cute. And your second outfit, seriously, I am loving that dress and with the blazer it makes for a perfect corporate look. I love the demure colours. Not quite bright but not overly dark either.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute shirt! :) No harm in giving something a go at least once - if it doesn't work, well you can just wear something different later! :) And if it does work, you've found a new combo for those 'I don't know what to wear' days :)

      Delete
  14. You really suit that berry colour, you should wear the pants more often! I totally agree that these style dares are fabulous for taking you out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the bottom look. It's such a chic combo :)

    Jasmin xx
    http://www.whatdefinesus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't beat a great bag for any outfit and both your bags and outfits are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the outfits, great handbgs! They are perfect for the looks.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those boots! I've been looking for a similar pair for ages now xx

    La'bell | labellwong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like that first look, so chic I find. But then the second look is so eye appealing and I can't seem to stop looking at the scarf, very beautiful! :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable accessories here today, Mica! Oh do a post with that cool skirt that is like my tank. yay! ♥renae

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh the burgundy and pink combo work so well.
    Funny thing is I use to think these did not match, same as red and pink- I'd look at people in the street wearing these colours and would think "My! what an awful combination…" and now I do them both :)
    On the second look, I think you did an amazing job in mixing the scarf and dress...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes you see a colour combination enough times, it grows on you I think! :)

      Delete
  22. Haha! How ironic that you are rocking those 'marsala' jeans when I had to ditch my pair a few days back as I couldn't fit in them anymore! You look chic in these ensembles. I like how you make 'power' dressing so approachable and cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no hope you can find a replacement pair! I really like mine :)

      Delete
  23. I'm wearing similar burgundy pants today and totally wishing I had a blouse like that to pair with them. I love it!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are rocking yours whatever you wear them with! :)

      Delete
  24. I have a pair of burgundy jeans from Citizens of humanity. They feel like velvet! My fav pair of jeans. Very comfy and stretchy :)

    Ashley
    www.stylishblondie.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these looks, great scarf in the second outfit!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Isn't it crazy how many names that marsala color can be?! Those pants are seriously adorable with your strawberry top. I need to try that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's hard to keep track of sometimes!

      Delete
  27. You look so cute! Burgundy is one of my favorite colors, and that strawberry print short is adorable! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous outfits Mica! I love how the maroon pants complement and bring out the cute strawberry print top. Plus, the print mixing done in the second outfit is transfixing!

    Enter to win a $50 giftcard!
    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both looks so chic and stylist, I hope you have a great weekend ahead.
    Xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am in love with that strawberry print blouse! Love it with the burgundy trousers.

    Carolyn

    http://www.stylishmemories.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that blue bag it's fabulous :) #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both great outfits and loving the colors of the 2nd outfit!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look fabulous, so chic, I love LV for classic bags and that Marc Jacobs scarf is so pretty. Thanks for inking up to #fashionfriday

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have a really similar bag as your Louis Vuitton (mine is a different shape, same pattern) so it's awesome and helpful to see how you style it! Definitely gives some outfit inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...